*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,041,555 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearkatag15 said:

MLB already came out and said the Astros did not use buzzers or anything else in 2019. What more does he want?

By the way, I'm not being negative toward Robbie, I just am genuinely curious what more the MLB could say.
spadilly
S
A.J. Hinch 'not aware' of any Astros buzzers

Quote:

"There has been a significant reaction to my answer to the 'buzzer' question," Hinch said. "To be clear, I have never seen any such device used in baseball. I am not aware of any such device existing or being utilized with the Astros, the players, or any other team."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/astros/article/A-J-Hinch-not-aware-of-any-Astros-buzzers-15052326.php
Wabs
AG
So sick of this ****ing ***** Yes the Astros cheated. How does everyone know?? Because MLB thoroughly investigated them. They read 70K ****ing emails and interviewed 60+ people. What ****ing team has been investigated like this? Manfred is a fraud if he doesn't investigate every team suspected of cheating, and just as thoroughly and publicly as they did with the Astros.
AgsMyDude
AG
This info get posted here yet, hadn't seen it. Very interesting.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/nationals/report-nationals-were-tipped-about-astros-cheating-dodgers-cora
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

MLB wants this over and done

Then they may wanna let their little lackeys over at ESPN in on the memo. There hasn't been a single evening for the last 3 weeks I haven't turned on the TV and seem some ridiculously overwrought and pious statement from some purported victim claiming the Astros had them on the verge of suicide or some such. So since you insist on keeping it in the forefront of the news, why don't we just go balls out and do what SHOULD be done....... which is conduct all the investigations you need to make sure that all guilty parties are rooted out and the game is rid of this evil for good? I mean, since your overriding concern is for all that is good and holy, right Bristol?

Then again, I'm calling out the network that can't keep its lips off the knob of the bastion of morality that IS Eldrick Woods. And that keeps insisting that tu is baaaaaaaaack. So I realize my battle is fully uphill........
n_touch
AgsMyDude said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/nationals/report-nationals-were-tipped-about-astros-cheating-dodgers-cora
So Martinez went to the source to see what they were doing? LoL you just can't make something up that would be this crazy with how open they were about it. If ALL these teams knew, then MLB knew and did nothing. They did nothing because all teams are doing something. It was only investigated due to Fiers and running his mouth.
iBrad
AG
It's the same reason teams don't call out other teams when pitchers use foreign substances to improve their grip on the ball.
n_touch
iBrad said:

It's the same reason teams don't call out other teams when pitchers use foreign substances to improve their grip on the ball.
You mean like this?

astros4545
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Tony Sipp played on the Nationals after leaving us, of course he informed his teammates of the time

Also, if everyone knew about the Astros, then they should've been creating better signs in 2018/2019, or they deserved to have them stolen
45-70Ag
AG
Seems to be the way baseball operates.

The best players using steroids took the fall for everyone using steroids.

The astros are the sacrificial lamb for baseball in sign stealing.

I'm looking forward to the meltdown from purists when pitchers and catchers start wearing an ear piece that relays the pitch from someone on the bench.
Farmer1906
AG
How is something like that not already a thing? Or have the catcher and pitcher both wearing smart watch. Develop an app to call pitches.
n_touch
Yankees and Red Sox tried that (I know thats not really what they did with the watches)
AgsMyDude
AG
astros4545 said:

AgsMyDude said:

Tony Sipp played on the Nationals after leaving us, of course he informed his teammates of the time

Also, if everyone knew about the Astros, then they should've been creating better signs in 2018/2019, or they deserved to have them stolen

You read the whole article? Cora was so salty about the Stros making another WS run he called up Dave Martinez to give him all the juicy intel. He couldn't beat us and was cheating himself so figured he'd let the Nationals in on all the detail.
bluefire579
AG
Irish_Man said:

Seems to be the way baseball operates.

The best players using steroids took the fall for everyone using steroids.

The astros are the sacrificial lamb for baseball in sign stealing.

I'm looking forward to the meltdown from purists when pitchers and catchers start wearing an ear piece that relays the pitch from someone on the bench.
Pretty much. No one ever talks about Brady Anderson or Luis Gonzalez suddenly hitting 50+ home runs. It always falls to Bonds, Clemons, A-Rod, et al
AustinCountyAg
sorry if it has already been asked but does anyone have a link to watch the upcoming press conference?

eta: found it
Charlie Conway
I'm sure the audio will be streamed on 790's website
Teddy Perkins
AG
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1LyxBNpZkooxN

Marvin
AG
I'm on the At Bat app. Just the team logo so far on here.
CFTXAG10
AG
It won't happen but I wish this was a heel turn presser where we go scorched earth on Manfred and the other cheaters in MLB. I am expecting some sort of somber half-a** apology that will be ripped apart by the sports media who say it wasn't genuine enough, or who cares! you still cheated!
n_touch
How fast was the bus going that Crane just pushed Hinch in front of?
k20dub
AG
This is tough to watch.
RO519
AG
Making Bregs apologize. F*** Crane.
CFTXAG10
AG
Crane
-reiteration of what was already said in his prior apology, went above and beyond by firing Luhnow and Hinch
-Can't change the actions of the past but can change the future
-excited about future and moving forward with Baker

Bregman
-sorry about the choices made by my team, organization, and me
-learned from this and hope to regain trust of fans
-team focused on moving forward with 2020 season

Altuve
-had team meeting last night
-Astros org feels bad about what happened in 2017
-feel worse for our fans
-team determined to move forward and bring home a championship in 2020

Baker
-meeting last night, players showed remorse and regret
-asks the baseball world to forgive them for the mistakes they made
-looking forward to a great season in a great baseball town
-want to bring a championship back to Houston
-Glad Crane knew I was the right man to move this team forward

Questions

If reporting is correct and other teams were involved should other teams lose coaches and gm's?
Crane: We are only worried about the Astros, sure MLB will take care of the other teams

Why do you think the players should be absolved?
Crane: it could have been stopped and it wasn't by Hinch and Luhnow based on the report

What to say to Yankees and other teams we beat in 2017?
Crane: We feel like it didn't impact the game, we won the World Series in 2017 and we will leave it at that

Buzzers?
Crane: No evidence whatsoever of buzzers

Clarification, did you say the sign stealing didn't impact the game?
Crane: I didn't say it didn't impact the game, but aren't looking backwards, we won the WS and leave it at that

Was this cheating? how does it reflect this country for winning at any cost?
Crane: We don't endorse the actions that took place, I don't disagree its been tough on MLB and our fans, we broke the rules and you can phrase it any way you want (won't say they cheated)

When did it stop?
Crane: early 2018 and nothing in 2019

Thought on Beltran?
Dusty: disheartening to hear people talk bad about Carlos, fine christian man, Idk if its true or not but we are all capable of wrongdoing at times, hope we can put this behind us and go ahead and play baseball

Big Al 1992
AG
This is a joke. Crane is a puss. Making the players do a perp walk. Never saw Kraft make Brady or Belichek do this nonsense. They just kept winning.
Charlie Conway
This is more like a funeral than a press conference
AustinCountyAg
this is worthless....Astros are gunna get torn apart for this even more.

edit: I like the hat Bregs and Tuve were wearing
Marvin
AG
We'll see what else they say, but so far I'm cool with the message from the players. "Sorry, our bad, let's go win another one and, oh by the way, since that's all we're going to say you can politely take that as 'F you' to the haters."

That's what I heard, anyway...
RO519
AG
What a f****** joke. Terrible start to spring training. Crane is a GD joke.
Big Al 1992
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

this is worthless....Astros are gunna get torn apart for this even more.

Yep - they didn't have to say anything else. Ridiculous.
n_touch
What a great first question!!!!
k20dub
AG
Love that first question. Blue star for that reporter.

He asked about 12 other teams doing the same thing and why we are the only ones taking the heat.
Teddy Perkins
AG
First question is about other teams cheating and whether they should be fired. Crane deflects and says he's only worried about Astros.
Big Al 1992
AG
n_touch said:

What a great first question!!!!

Yes it was and Crane totally skirted it.
Marvin
AG
Oh, snap. Crane just gave the finger to the Yankees. Maybe he does have a backbone.
k20dub
AG
Chandler asking about buzzers in 2019. Shocker.
First Page Last Page
Page 135 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.