*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,025,956 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NO BUZZERS!!!!
AustinCountyAg
Chandler Rome is such a ****ing tool asking a question about buzzers
Teddy Perkins
AG
Big Al 1992
AG
Crane looks and acts Like a sad puppy dog. Show a little bit of anger or defense when they ask bs questions. Astros PR is so bad at this.
n_touch
Rhetoric in nation is to win at all costs....really had to get political?
astros4545
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Chandler Rome is such a ****ing tool asking a question about buzzers

Him and Jeff Passan are romantically involved, Jake Kaplan films
wangus12
AG
I'm not sure I've ever seen a press member from a home city hold what seems to be so much disdain for a team that he has to report on.

**** off Chandler
n_touch
This is so stupid. They are acting like they poisoned the other teams or something. They stole signs...thats is. Yes against the rules, but this is not the end of baseball.
CFTXAG10
AG
The only good thing to come of this is Crane not willing to bend on saying we cheated and basically telling the Yankees and Dodgers to **** off because we were the better team and won the WS
wangus12
AG
Agreed. Glad he said that
spadilly
S
Everything about this is so stupid. When did sports become our beacon/compass for morality and fairness?
ClickClack
AG
dixichkn said:

Quote:

MLB wants this over and done

Then they may wanna let their little lackeys over at ESPN in on the memo. There hasn't been a single evening for the last 3 weeks I haven't turned on the TV and seem some ridiculously overwrought and pious statement from some purported victim claiming the Astros had them on the verge of suicide or some such. So since you insist on keeping it in the forefront of the news, why don't we just go balls out and do what SHOULD be done....... which is conduct all the investigations you need to make sure that all guilty parties are rooted out and the game is rid of this evil for good? I mean, since your overriding concern is for all that is good and holy, right Bristol?

Then again, I'm calling out the network that can't keep its lips off the knob of the bastion of morality that IS Eldrick Woods. And that keeps insisting that tu is baaaaaaaaack. So I realize my battle is fully uphill........

Yep. ESPN is so slanted and dramatic it makes me sick. They control the narrative basically. Just like other media outlets in this country....it's all about what they want the outrage to be. And so it becomes.
LC Wannabe
S
"Why did the "cheating" stop in 2018?"

BECAUSE CORA AND BELTRAN WERE GONE!!!!
CFTXAG10
AG
spadilly said:

Everything about this is so stupid. When did sports become our beacon/compass for morality and fairness?
Millennials, social media, fake outrage
. . .
"I don't feel it's necessary to reach out to the Dodgers."
n_touch
lol...Should you have been punished as well. I believe he knew about it. Anyone that owns a billion dollar product knows what is going on with that product.

Marvin
AG
Wow, reporters are throwing every ounce of **** against the wall to see if they can get anything to stick.

Who is the ****** off to Crane's right that keeps asking all the "you're guilty so why aren't you committing suicide in front of us right now" questions?
CFTXAG10
AG
Man, if you ever had any doubt before this presser I think it is 100% now, Jim doesn't care what Manfred told him he had to do to clean this up just as long as he got to hold onto the WS title

tjack16
AG
they need to just say "no we did not use buzzers, absolutely not"

Instead of "the commissioner did their report"

I know we didnt use them, it just feels like some people think we are dodging the question
Marvin
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Man, if you ever had any doubt before this presser I think it is 100% now, Jim doesn't care what Manfred told him he had to do to clean this up just as long as he got to hold onto the WS title

That was apparent during the first press conference, but yeah. I agree.
wangus12
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

spadilly said:

Millennials, social media, fake outrage
And thanks to those things, we treat famous athletes/persons as these holier than thou people who are the experts in every single field of study outside what they are actually good at.
CFTXAG10
AG
Somebody come get this BSC lady pestering Crane
n_touch
CFTXAG10 said:

Somebody come get thes BSC reporters pestering Crane
FIFY
. . .
Recap:

Jim: We're (fake) sorry. Refer to the report. KISS THE RING.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Well that sure as **** didn't help anything. Short apologies from the players is just going to make this whole saga start over.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I'm not watching the press conference, but sports radio is already all over the apology. "It wasn't enough", "I'm disappointed in what I just heard", etc. It was never going to be enough. Should have just said screw it, we're not apologizing.
CFTXAG10
AG
The apologies and explanations were never going to be enough. Twitter is already ripping Crane for being "Tone deaf", and pissing on the 1 minute combined apology from Bregman/Altuve.

All that really mattered from this presser:

Big Al 1992
AG
And right on cue MLB media saying they wanted to hear more. Disappointed they didn't hear more from players. Astros PR should've known there was no good that was gonna come out of this.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Chill out guys... that wasn't bad at all. Not nearly as bad as I expected, at least.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Now we can move forward saying "we apologized, we answered all of your questions, and we will not be commenting further on the matter"
n_touch
n_touch
bearkatag15
AG
Harold Reynolds on MLB Network bashing the small amount of time Altuve and Bregman were made available.
CFTXAG10
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Now we can move forward saying "we apologized, we answered all of your questions, and we will not be commenting further on the matter"
Bingo. This presser got us to "We are putting that behind us, focusing on the staff/players that are here in camp, and trying to win a World Series in 2020"

Marvin
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

The only thing the media and opposing fans would have accepted was if the team voluntarily gave the trophy back and every player retired on the spot after donating all their playoff earnings to the Dodgers and Yankees.

First Page Last Page
Page 136 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.