*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,031,442 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yea it's such a hollow argument on a number of levels.

1) If a team is going to make a cut decision on a player based on one start in MMP against the 2017 Astros lineup, that team is dumb (regardless of whether or not the Astros were cheating).

2) If a team is going to throw a rookie starter against the 2017 Astros at MMP and they don't equip him with an some advanced, difficult to steal signs, they aren't doing their job setting him up for success
JCA1
AG
There was actually a pretty good article yesterday on ESPN that basically attempted to chronicle cheating in baseball. The author starts by saying he quickly realized cheating has been so rampant in baseball from the very beginning that it would be impossible to chronicle in a single article. He does go through decade by decade and highlights certain documented cases. This list includes one of the biggest home runs in baseball history and Babe Ruth. Good read.

This is not to excuse the Astros but for the people clutching their pearls about how this is unprecedented, get a grip. My guess is between sign stealing, various PEDs through the years, manipulating the ball with substances and/or implements, pine tar, corked bats, etc., the number of "clean" World Series in the history of baseball is virtually none.
ClickClack
AG
JCA1 said:

There was actually a pretty good article yesterday on ESPN that basically attempted to chronicle cheating in baseball. The author starts by saying he quickly realized cheating has been so rampant in baseball from the very beginning that it would be impossible to chronicle in a single article. He does go through decade by decade and highlights certain documented cases. This list includes one of the biggest home runs in baseball history and Babe Ruth. Good read.

This is not to excuse the Astros but for the people clutching their pearls about how this is unprecedented, get a grip. My guess is between sign stealing, various PEDs through the years, manipulating the ball with substances and/or implements, pine tar, corked bats, etc., the number of "clean" World Series in the history of baseball is virtually none.

Yep. And again, this was/is just a good team. They tried to get an extra edge with the sign stealing. Whether it helped them at all or if they even needed it, hard to know.
. . .

E
AG
Mike Fiers.... yikes
JCA1
AG
Banging trash cans is definitely better than banging underage girls.
agdaddy04
AG
Will someone in the media please challenge the Dodgers regarding the facts of the series? Do they think the Stros cheated in Game 7 in LA? Is it proven the Astros cheated in the WS at all?
Ag_07
AG
They didn't need to steal any signs when Yu pitched. He was doing that all on his own.
. . .
The Milkman
AG
For those interested Dicks now has the new Nike jerseys for sale. They look and feel exactly the same.
Post removed:
by user
k20dub
AG
Just saw AJ Hinch at the El Tiempo in the Woodlands
Farmer1906
AG
I haven't been yet. Just as good as the other El Tiempos?
maca1028
Not in the GM roll until 2015 but was with the giants during their numerous WS runs. Sounds like a good one to keep an eye on.
ClickClack
AG
maca1028 said:

Not in the GM roll until 2015 but was with the giants during their numerous WS runs. Sounds like a good one to keep an eye on.

BullSprig07
TXAG14
AggiEE
JCA1 said:

Banging trash cans is definitely better than banging underage girls.

Fighting Fiers with fire right there
. . .
k20dub
AG
I was a little disappointed but it was mostly cuz of their service.

Hinch was with 6 other dudes. I left him alone but plenty of other people were getting selfies.
Farmer1906
AG
I fully expect he's still feeling the love from Houston.
astros4545
AG
Mike Fiers supporting underage Asian girls

What a piece of ****
. . .
ClickClack
AG
I miss...baseball. What a clown show.
Post removed:
by user
Buck Compton
AG
Terrible if true... too much of that **** in our world. I hope it's not.

But if it's true, how ****ing stupid do you have to be in the digital age. Rule #1 of being a snitch / whistleblower in the age of social media is that you better have your **** locked up tight because your life is about to be an open book.
astros4545
AG
Guys
I have a feeling Mike Fiers has a 0.00 ERA this season

And it just became the Year of the Rat yesterday, Fiers celebrating with asian cuisine
bearkatag15
AG

This tweet may not age well
bearkatag15
AG
Love JV

Verlander: "It's been a blast to be a part of this organization. You know, as of right now, they're very technologically and analytically advanced."
astros4545
AG
astros4545
AG
Fiers waited two years after the World Series before snitching on the Astros

If only he used that same time delay in all facets of his life
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
So that tweet is likely deleted, but it's fiers with a 16 year old.

How dumb do you have to be to break a cheating scandal while being with underage girls?

Disgusting.
BMX Bandit
this guy seems like he's got his priorities in line.

tweet on 1/18 didn't age well from @DavidWohl

Quote:

I'd rather be a registered sex offender than a player on the
@Astros
team.

Disgusting cheaters and liars.
Farmer1906
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 110 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.