*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,031,190 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably something long the lines of...."If AJ could do it, and I think he is an idiot, than I dont care hwo does it from here out because they cant be worse"
astros4545
AG
If Banister gets hired

I would know one of his assistant coaches potentially, maybe I can get some extra access to Julia
Post removed:
by user
Aggie Pharmer
AG
third coast.. said:

Why would you want extra access to a sip cheerleader with a face like brian peppers
Blasphemy!
Ag_07
AG
I don't think assistants are going anywhere.

Thought I read that Crane has said he wants staff to remain intact.
W
AG
just for fun I looked it up...

Dusty Baker issued 44 intentional walks during the Giants 2002 world series season.

oh boy

(and 8 of them were issued by his closer)
Mathguy64
AG
Hinch's only IBB the entire season was in Game 7. And that runner scored. Poor ******* completely lost his mind in the top of the 7th inning and beyond.
JJxvi
AG
The IBB was in Game 2
JJxvi
AG
44 IBB would have been #2 in baseball in 2019. In 2002 it was #17 and 24 IBB was the league minimum.
Big Al 1992
AG
NSIAP
Imagine what NY media would be saying if reverse was true. Anything to say Mr Judge??

aTm2004
AG
I'm not sure Joe Buck could survive the reverse being true.
iBrad
AG
astros4545 said:

If Banister gets hired

I would know one of his assistant coaches potentially, maybe I can get some extra access to Julia

You could try to get some access to Banister's daughter, too.
Nino Brown

Amazing...SIAP
Farmer1906
AG
astros4545 said:

If Banister gets hired

Bannister is complete meathead. I don't like the guy, but I would prefer him over the old dudes. He's at least pro analytics. We need to find leadership that is devoted to staying to stay ahead with data and outside the box thinking.
bearkatag15
AG

I could be sold on bannister. There are much worse options
Ag_07
AG
Yes it can be worse.

Like Showalter and Baker but that's about it.
Mathguy64
AG
"Bannister is ok because it could be Baker or Showalter. "

I cannot even contemplate that.
Please tell me I'm going to wake up tomorrow and this will all have been a bad dream.
iBrad
AG
Best thing about Banister would be shoving it up the Rangers' ass with him at the helm.
Mathguy64
AG
Or we have to put with them laughing about how we are taking their sloppy seconds.
Post removed:
by user
astros4545
AG
mathguy86 said:

Or we have to put with them laughing about how we are taking their sloppy seconds.

I was surprised they fired him to be honest
ClickClack
AG
mathguy86 said:

"Bannister is ok because it could be Baker or Showalter. "

I cannot even contemplate that.
Please tell me I'm going to wake up tomorrow and this will all have been a bad dream.

Seriously. This really feels like a bad dream.
Beat40
Whoops, made a post to a wrong thread!

Let's go, Astros!
Farmer1906
AG
mathguy86 said:

Hah why would anyone care about what the Arlingtonians think?
redline248
AG
Back from my mandatory vacation.

Was just reading up on Banister. He almost had a leg amputated in high school, then was nearly paralyzed in junior college (according to wiki). Holy hell
Gramercy Riffs
AG
"All I know is they get to put Houston on their chest," Banister told The Fan, KRLD (105.3 FM), in Dallas on Wednesday, "we get to put Texas on ours."

LMJ: "It's because nobody knows what Arlington is. #Htownproud."
dixichkn
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

NSIAP
Imagine what NY media would be saying if reverse was true. Anything to say Mr Judge??

You should read the butthurt Skankee fan reaction to this one. I don't get why they're so bothered by facts........
the last of the bohemians
Can we get Billy Beane and Art Howe?
n_touch
the last of the bohemians said:

Can we get Billy Beane and Art Howe
Art Howe 2.0? No Thanks
BMX Bandit
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Am I the only one who thinks that it doesn't really matter who we hire as manager?
I think it matters, but also think that the doom and gloom of "oh no! if we hire XXX we have no chance!" is extremely emotional and has little basis in fact.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Am I the only one who thinks that it doesn't really matter who we hire as manager?
I think it matters, but also think that the doom and gloom of "oh no! if we hire XXX we have no chance!" is extremely emotional and has little basis in fact.

I guess I just think that it would take a historically shltty head coach to not win the AL West with this team. After that, playoffs are mostly a crapshoot.

Yes, I questioned Hinch a lot, and yes, I'll do the same with any manager. Unfortunately it seems that hinch being a "players coach" was his ultimate undoing with the sign stealing nonsense.

Getting a manager with some experience wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Is there a better team than the 2020 Astros that any of the aforementioned coaching candidates have ever coached? Serious question. My guess is no.
Marvin
AG
Not sure if already discussed...

Altuve is arguably on a HOF pace. I wonder if he will face a steroids-like protest from the baseball writers for a few years.
03_Aggie
Marvin said:

Altuve is arguably on a HOF pace. I wonder if he will face a steroids-like protest from the baseball writers for a few years.

If he continues on, no. I think people either do t realize, or choose to ignore, the time period this happened in. They have played almost two full seasons post sign stealing gate and I'd say they did ok without it.
Kashchei
AG
As always, Bill makes a great point
k20dub
AG
Marvin said:

First Page Last Page
Page 106 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.