Your official spot to debate the Astros treatment of the staffer Brandon Taubman

6,410 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
DeangeloVickers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In 2019 words are worse than actual physical domestic violence
I wouldn't want either one representing my organization
MAT
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

In 2019 words are worse than actual physical domestic violence

THIS.
I find it terribly ironic that you can get fired for supporting someone accused of domestic violence. But the one accused of the violence can continue to play baseball and make millions of dollars. I'm not condemming nor supporting Osuna (or the former Astro's GM), just don't know how all the focus is put on a peripheral issue like the GM comments instead of addressing the core issue itself.
Philip J Fry
AG
Saying that you're glad one of the most dominant closers in baseball is on the team is a fireable offense.

Standing up for your players against a media with an agenda means the MLB front office will investigate you.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

just don't know how all the focus is put on a peripheral issue like the GM comments instead of addressing the core issue itself.
It's more about who he mouthed off to than what he said. She has a history.
Goose83
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Saying that you're glad one of the most dominant closers in baseball is on the team is a fireable offense.

Standing up for your players against a media with an agenda means the MLB front office will investigate you.
Oh please - He wasn't "standing up" for one of his players.

He was picking a fight. He knew that the topic of Osuna and his DV issues were a sore subject in the business (especially to "certain" persons in the room), and went off in vulgar and unseemly manner, then lied about it to the front office.

It's not like the rules of this Brave New World of "wokeism" were written yesterday - He knew better than to say what he said.

As per my earlier post, I'm no fan of political correctness, but I'm also no fan of intentionally boorish behavior, either.

Good riddance.
Bag
AG
The biggest non-story of all time, I honestly can't believe an employee of 11 years lost his job because of this.

Rule number 1 when dealing with the Twitter mob, never back down, never apologize. It will only get exponentially worse if you do.

SECond2noneAgs
AG
Astros win in 6... does Taubman get a WS ring?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Dude was an idiot and deserves to lose his job. Anyone supporting him for his actions is disgusting too. He went out of his way to confront female reporters who were against the team adding a woman beater for no reason other than to be a dick. And the Astros should be embarrassed by their initial response trying to discredit the story.

The Astros sold their souls to add a woman abuser to the roster in order to win games. Before anyone says it, the Cubs did the same in 2016 with Aroldis Chapman and it bothered me then. Makes me even more mad that the POS Addison Russell is still on the the team after his DV issues came to light.
Frok
AG
so dramatic!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Frok said:

so dramatic!

Yeah, domestic violence is no big deal. Stupid women have it coming, amirite?
Frok
AG
Yes, that is exactly what I said.
Philip J Fry
AG
Junkhead said:

Frok said:

so dramatic!

Charges were dropped and he served his punishment. Move on. Astros did nothing wrong in hiring him.

We never even learned the details of the indecent Put your pitchforks away.
Gap
AG
Junkhead said:

Frok said:

so dramatic!

(sarcasm --- or maybe not for some)

Fire Luhnow for acquiring him

Fire Hinch for playing him

Boycott all Crane businesses for allowing it. Heck, boycott all Astros sponsors too. Lets cripple and cancel culture everyone even close to it.

This is the time to discuss it too not when he was acquired in 2018.

Anything less and you support domestic violence.
Philip J Fry
AG
That's actually what they wish would happen. So far we've played into their hands.
Threadbare
Junkhead said:

Dude was an idiot and deserves to lose his job. Anyone supporting him for his actions is disgusting too. He went out of his way to confront female reporters who were against the team adding a woman beater for no reason other than to be a dick. And the Astros should be embarrassed by their initial response trying to discredit the story.

The Astros sold their souls to add a woman abuser to the roster in order to win games. Before anyone says it, the Cubs did the same in 2016 with Aroldis Chapman and it bothered me then. Makes me even more mad that the POS Addison Russell is still on the the team after his DV issues came to light.
Yes, I agree. Osuna should be homeless living under a bridge.

It's the only fair outcome...

(And, really, they should harvest one of each of his duplicate organs. It's the only compassionate, woke way to deal with any of this...)

(And, beyond that, don't even ask me what they should do to him if any of the charges are somehow ever verified...)
Faustus
Osuna is a victim of sorts here, of Taubman.

I'm sure he really appreciated Taubman "protecting" him from the mean tweeter with aggressive profanities followed by Osuna's name yelled at female reporters. I'm sure Osuna had been hoping someone would do that for him. It would have been a nice touch if Taubman then would have walked by and bumped her shoulder while not looking at her.

I haven't seen it put out there, but it wouldn't surprise me if Taubman had advocated strongly for bringing Osuna in as a distressed asset, so any continued criticism from the DV angle was more personal to him. She was attacking his winning move.
Know Your Enemy
AG
[url] [/url]
Old Tom Morris
I think Hinch let a drunk Taubman manage this game.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.