*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

467,289 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
Rossko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rossko said:

I've always been a huge Odor fan but Solak is the truth and the next Michael Young for us. We killed that trade with Fairbanks and Solak will be in the lineup for years.
gigem1223 you are not wrong about Solak reminding you of Michael Young. Eventually everyone will see it...
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
https://cuts.diamond.mlb.com/FORGE/2019/2019-08/28/5e65c093-206ef8f9-299ae121-csvm-diamondx64-asset_1280x720_59_4000K.mp4
Rossko
AG
Getting ready for DallasAg vs Grape after Woodward's quote regarding Odor today....

Rossko
AG
Grapesoda2525
Rossko said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him stink it up the rest of the year then be guaranteed our opening day 2nd baseman.

I'll believe it when I see it.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
I don't understand how the Rangers can get rid of Odor financially. He is still owed $34 MM after this season. Can the Rangers eat $34 MM without crippling the team's ability to sign FAs, pay arb. eligible guys, etc.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
No, but I look at it as a sunk cost. We're paying the money either way. If we can pay some serfs minimum and get more production, then we may as well do it. It's a gamble for sure but he's not helping the team either way.
DallasAg 94
bigcat22
AG
Thought this was a really good article about the Odor situation

Grapesoda2525
bigcat22 said:

Thought this was a really good article about the Odor situation

Interesting read.

Solak is really putting pressure on the little guy.
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
I will be going tonight to enjoy seeing Allard in person for the first time. Looking forward to it. I'll give y'all my learned scouting report afterwards.

I have three more games this season after tonight, including the closing game of the stadium. I went to the last game at Arlington Stadium as well, so had to be there this year. Please pray for cold fronts - these August games are rugged.
DallasAg 94
Schall 02
AG
Super encouraging article, from a fan's perspective. Clearly the team has taken the next step in player (or at least hitter) development. I love it.
AggieDPT
AG
Odor just doesn't seem smart enough to me to buy into analytics and adjust that way. I think the change in manager really hurt him. Bannister would play him regardless just because of attitude whereas now the staff actually wants him to learn and show changes.
DallasAg 94
KT 90
AG
Quote:

True the Rangers were without Gallo since July 23, but even in July Gallo was terrible
Gallo was trying to play through the injury for some of that time. Losing him from the lineup was big. He was having a huge year and he protected some of the others when he hits behind them.

The team batting average looks pretty consistent (~.250 ish) until we hit August.
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
Allard looks good. Poor defense behind him. He needs a better off speed pitch. That cutter is pretty nasty when he can control it.
bigcat22
AG
Anyone else catch the Michael Young interview on The Hardline?

When asked about the heat he said the Rangers "unequivocally lost free agents because of it" and that he was putting that as nicely as he could.

Also mentioned that when they acquired Cliff Lee he sent Cliff a welcome to the club text and Cliffs first words were, "****, it's going to be hot"...

Said the new stadium with a roof with help level the playing field. Let's hope he's right
Grapesoda2525
bigcat22 said:

When asked about the heat he said the Rangers "unequivocally lost free agents because of it" and that he was putting that as nicely as he could.

Also mentioned that when they acquired Cliff Lee he sent Cliff a welcome to the club text and Cliffs first words were, "****, it's going to be hot"...

Said the new stadium with a roof with help level the playing field. Let's hope he's right
My thinking is there's no way this new stadium can hurt us.

It can only help us with pitchers. Unless it ends up being a hardcore pitchers park, the park should let us go toe to toe with other teams when fighting for position player free agents as well.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

bigcat22 said:

It can only help us with pitchers. Unless it ends up being a hardcore pitchers park, the park should let us go toe to toe with other teams when fighting for position player free agents as well.
I just hope this artificial turf crap doesn't negate any advantage from having a roof and AC.
PatAg
AG
Ranger #007 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

bigcat22 said:

I just hope this artificial turf crap doesn't negate any advantage from having a roof and AC.
That's the big worry
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Doctor51
AG
When did fssw come off of dish?
Danny Vermin
A little over a month ago. It better be back before the Stars start or I'm out.
DallasAg 94
Let's talk about 1B.

Guzman has been called up.
For the season:
Guzman: .193, 8 HR, .282 OBP, 68 G, 65 K, 25 BB
Forsythe: .228, 7 HR, .329 OBP, 97 G, 95K, 43 BB

Guzman is 24 and hit .235, 16 HR, last season in 123G.
Heineman is 26 and is hitting .184, 0 HR, in 12 G

I believe Forsythe was signed for $2M.

What do you want to see from Guzman the rest of the way, to feel he is your starting 1B in 2020? He did well in AAA, after being sent down. You likely could get Forsythe for another year at $2M. I think if he can go about .250 with some HRs, I'm good. He is still young.

Forsythe as a Util guy is fine... I just don't think signing a 1B is necessary.

I think Santana has move value than being a full-time 1B. Whether you feel 3B, 2B or CF, 1B would seemingly be the least valued role for him.
First Page Last Page
Page 128 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.