*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

467,497 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
KT 90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That sign behind home plate looks interesting....

1 ticket, two brews, $22. Bleachers & Brews
DallasAg 94
Mozart Paintings
AG
A complete game?
Grapesoda2525
Jurado saved the pen.

Grateful for that. Not much else to talk about really. This game sucked.
alvtimes
Seems many are happy with the rebuild effort...but sure seems to be a lot of holes... 1st base? 2nd base, ss elvis, 3rd base, lf, cf..... i still see more questions than answers
Grapesoda2525
Alvarado Times said:

Seems many are happy with the rebuild effort...but sure seems to be a lot of holes... 1st base? 2nd base, ss elvis, 3rd base, lf, cf..... i still see more questions than answers
Some people are optimistic because we still acquired pretty good / cheap talent without giving up much and the owners will spend more next year.

I don't think we can compete for the division, but maybe a 20% chance at wildcard 2. The American League sucks right now tho. So many teams are tanking that it's not very much fun to compete unless you're a super team.

The national league has a "middle class" while the American League is a very top heavy league. The rangers would fare better in the NL unfortunately.
jkag89
Grapesoda2525 said:

bigcat22 said:

Something tells me this "3 year" commitment isn't going to go over well with this board

People don't want him off the team.

They just don't want to see his dumb azz 150 games a year.
You don't pay platoon players 12,000,000+ a season.
DallasAg 94
TXAggie2011
AG
9 through 17 in the overall MLB standings are all NL teams with the exception of Boston.

There's a huge gap the top 6 and the rest of the AL. Boston is 6.5 behind Cleveland and Texas is 12 behind Cleveland.

I guess I can see an NL "middle class" moreso than in the AL.

It's certainly a much more exciting wild card race in the NL.
DallasAg 94
DannyDuberstein
AG
I try not to be a special uniform fuddy duddy, but these are pretty ridiculous. It looks like the Rangers are wearing pajamas.
Grapesoda2525
DannyDuberstein said:

I try not to be a special uniform fuddy duddy, but these are pretty ridiculous. It looks like the Rangers are wearing pajamas.
They look like stormtroopers or KKK supporters.
aggietony2010
AG
Glad I'm not the only one who saw these and thought they were a hooded cap away from a modern day Klan uniform.
God save the Patriarchy!
Schall 02
AG
The youngins looked good tonight.
KT 90
AG
Yep, combined shutout tonight, 6.1 innings by Allard. Calhoun with two more hits including another HR. Two more hits for Solak as well.
KT 90
AG

DannyDuberstein
AG
With Minor's history, they need to seriously consider shutting him down soon.
KT 90
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

With Minor's history, they need to seriously consider shutting him down soon.

One of the beats mentioned that we may go with a 6 man rotation to help limit the innings for both Minor and Lynn, plus give Palumbo some starts. believe they are waiting for Palumbo's blister to heal, but it mentioned that we may have a bullpen game if need be if Palumbo isn't ready to go.

wbt5845
AG
Quote:

Rangers Considering Cutting Rougned Odor's Playing Time
August 25th, 2019 at 11:23am CST By Anthony Franco

While it seems no such move is imminent, the Rangers are at least contemplating cutting into the playing time of second baseman Rougned Odor, reports Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News. The 25 year-old is amidst his second dreadful season in three years.

Among qualified hitters, only Orlando Arcia has been less productive in the batters' box than Odor, whose .197/.273/.406 slash (67 wRC+) is a far cry from the passable production he logged just last season. As the slash line indicates, Odor hasn't had trouble hitting for power, as he's bopped 21 home runs and posted a strong .209 ISO. Rather, he's just given away way too many plate appearances, whether via strikeout (31.6%) or pop-up (15.6% IFFB). Odor ranks in the top ten leaguewide in both categories, with only Domingo Santana more strikeout-prone among qualifiers.

Given that lackluster performance and Odor's similarly abysmal 2017 numbers, the organization's patience is wearing thin. General manager Jon Daniels candidly acknowledged to Grant that "big ups and downs don't work from a team standpoint, not when you are in the lineup every day," and pointed out the organization has "some guys who overlap from a positional standpoint."

Daniels clarified that his comments weren't meant to be punitive or to put extra pressure on Odor, who both GM and manager Chris Woodward stressed has remained extremely diligent in trying to work out of the rut. That said, it's impossible to continue to run out a player who makes as many outs as Odor has been making, and Texas does indeed have other interesting, if flawed, options.

In other words, we're getting down to a buyout amount we could stomach if we had to.
toucan82
one day we'll look back at the Odor War of 2019 as a pivotal moment in Ranger history
AggieDPT
AG
His last 30 games he's hitting .179 and is 2 for his last 25. That run there for a little bit was nice, but that's becoming the outlier in what is otherwise a terrible season
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/08/rangers-considering-cutting-rougned-odors-playing-time.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Finally some rumblings of odor possibly losing playing time. The comment section is particularly brutal.

1/4 of the comments bring up the Bautista punch which might go down as his big moment if his career doesn't miraculously turn around in a hurry.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

wbt5845 said:

Quote:

Rangers Considering Cutting Rougned Odor's Playing Time
August 25th, 2019 at 11:23am CST By Anthony Franco

While it seems no such move is imminent, the Rangers are at least contemplating cutting into the playing time of second baseman Rougned Odor, reports Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News. The 25 year-old is amidst his second dreadful season in three years.

Among qualified hitters, only Orlando Arcia has been less productive in the batters' box than Odor, whose .197/.273/.406 slash (67 wRC+) is a far cry from the passable production he logged just last season. As the slash line indicates, Odor hasn't had trouble hitting for power, as he's bopped 21 home runs and posted a strong .209 ISO. Rather, he's just given away way too many plate appearances, whether via strikeout (31.6%) or pop-up (15.6% IFFB). Odor ranks in the top ten leaguewide in both categories, with only Domingo Santana more strikeout-prone among qualifiers.

Given that lackluster performance and Odor's similarly abysmal 2017 numbers, the organization's patience is wearing thin. General manager Jon Daniels candidly acknowledged to Grant that "big ups and downs don't work from a team standpoint, not when you are in the lineup every day," and pointed out the organization has "some guys who overlap from a positional standpoint."

Daniels clarified that his comments weren't meant to be punitive or to put extra pressure on Odor, who both GM and manager Chris Woodward stressed has remained extremely diligent in trying to work out of the rut. That said, it's impossible to continue to run out a player who makes as many outs as Odor has been making, and Texas does indeed have other interesting, if flawed, options.

In other words, we're getting down to a buyout amount we could stomach if we had to.

I don't see the bolded part in the article. (I was looking at the DMN article)

Evan Grant has been after Odor, for quite some time.

Quote:

Triple-A infielder Eli White might also have gotten a call-up for September had he hit a wall, quite literally, playing the outfield recently. The resulting shoulder injury is expected to end his season.

I wonder why so many people dislike Odor... no I don't really. I said this earlier this week, that Grant is feeding this.
A lot of people don't like his style, his demeanor, and how the organization takes up for him at every turn while they're so quick to jettison some other guys who perform just as bad. The whole thing is just not a good situation and not a good look.

If you're going to act the way odor does, you better be a good player and the last few years he's been atrocious.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

A lot of people don't like his style, his demeanor, and how the organization takes up for him at every turn while they're so quick to jettison some other guys who perform just as bad. The whole thing is just not a good situation and not a good look.

If you're going to act the way odor does, you better be a good player and the last few years he's been atrocious.
That's fine. I think Woody spoke about why people don't like him.

Give me some players the Rangers jettisoned that were better than Odor?!

The good news for you is, it looks like JD will be publicly criticizing Odor in an attempt to ensure as many fans as possible, dislike Odor. This helps reduce the fan backlash.
The white Sox intentionally walked solak, a rookie we just acquired via trade, and loaded the bases to face odor.

Even the rest of the league has little respect for him.

Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

That's fine. I think Woody spoke about why people don't like him.

Give me some players the Rangers jettisoned that were better than Odor?!

The good news for you is, it looks like JD will be publicly criticizing Odor in an attempt to ensure as many fans as possible, dislike Odor. This helps reduce the fan backlash.
Hanser Alberto

Heck.... I'd still take Profar over him

Grapesoda2525

Unprecedented
KT 90
AG
Another good outing for Burke, 6IP, 2H, 1R

He may be done, he was mid 90s on the pitch count.
Grapesoda2525
Burke has done better than I would've expected so far. Very impressive.
Grapesoda2525
Very interesting stuff.

Hearing TAG breakdown the intricacies of the Burke / Profar trade. A lot of moving pieces there. Looks to be a great trade
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah. I was curious if Profar would break out somewhat with a change of scenery, but he's about as worthless as Odor at the plate. Strikes out less, but also less power. And now entering his late 20s.
wbt5845
AG
With Minor, Lynn, Allard and Burke - are the Rangers looking at being good at starting pitcher next year? I know Allard and Burke are too early to know - but I am encouraged. Both those kids have been excellent.
DallasAg 94
First Page Last Page
Page 126 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.