*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

467,508 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fenrir said:

bigcat22 said:

Yikes...

And yet our resident optimist is still is somehow convinced odor is "as good a 2b as there is".

His hot June/July wasn't even particularly good this year.
My only explanation is that he might have kids and odor is their favorite player or he's a part of the ranger fan base who believes we should stick with Odor " no matter what" because of his contract.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Odor with the tying RBI!

I'm not an Odor fan but I do understand why he plays everyday (the money). He plays hard and is aggressive. He is certainly a good defensive 2b but I wish he would raise his avg by about 50 points. Hell, even 30 points.
alvtimes
there seems to be a poster here that is a parental unit of odor....... hell it might be Roughned himself!!!!!
Grapesoda2525
Alvarado Times said:

there seems to be a poster here that is a parental unit of odor....... hell it might be Roughned himself!!!!!
Odor had a big hit tonight.

I'm hearing there is a $400 million dollar contract extension heading his way. They just bought the current Kentucky derby champion horse to seal the deal. It will be in odor's stable tomorrow morning.
bigcat22
AG
Moxie said:

Finally made it out to a game! Hopefully we can turn this one around.

Well they turned it around, question now is did you stay for all 4+ hours of that game
Jimtim1216
S

Looks like we might get to see Solak today!
DallasAg 94
KT 90
AG
Jimtim1216 said:

Looks like we might get to see Solak today!

Both Mazara and Santana left the game last night with injuries. He will be replacing one of them. Solak has been hitting well in AAA, deserves a shot to see what he can do.
wbt5845
AG
Should be some interesting lineups today. Tonight is another "sit down and watch the game" event for Burke. Wanna see what he's got.
KT 90
AG
wbt5845 said:

Should be some interesting lineups today. Tonight is another "sit down and watch the game" event for Burke. Wanna see what he's got.

I believe they have Burke listed as the starter for game 1 in the afternoon, so you'll have to watch from work most likely if you want to see it live.

Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

wbt5845 said:

I believe they have Burke listed as the starter for game 1 in the afternoon, so you'll have to watch from work most likely if you want to see it live.

They switched it.

Burke is pitching the night cap. I hope solak is in the lineup then too,
DallasAg 94
rsf0626
Feel bad for anyone heading to game 1 of the doubleheader today. Heat is gonna be brutal
DallasAg 94
MSFC Aggie
AG
rsf0626 said:

Feel bad for anyone heading to game 1 of the doubleheader today. Heat is gonna be brutal
Over/under on attendance for game 1?
Rossko
AG
Solak up Mazara to IL
wbt5845
AG
For the upcoming Star Wars theme game:

Odor as a stormtrooper is so damn spot on - those guys couldn't hit **** either.
wbt5845
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

rsf0626 said:

Sure wish we could do something about that... a retractable roof... A/C.
No way - outfielders may have to ice their legs after games. It'd be much better to play in 120 degree heat.
KT 90
AG
Not watching, but Trout hit HR #42 in the first, and now Palumbo is leaving in the second with a blister

MooreTrucker
AG
KT 90 said:

Not watching, but Trout hit HR #42 in the first, and now Palumbo is leaving in the second with a blister

I hate that he's an Angel, but damn that Trout kid is impressive.
jtstanley4621
AG
MooreTrucker said:

KT 90 said:

I hate that he's an Angel, but damn that Trout kid is impressive.
Basically since he became a full time starter, he has been no worse than a top 2 or 3 baseball player, regardless of measurement. Honestly it's a crime what the Angels are doing to him with the pieces around him. He will go down as the greatest baseball player ever, and he has been to the playoffs ONE time so far. Luckily for them and him, he's got a bunch more years left.
MooreTrucker
AG
At what point does he wise up and move to a contender?
wbt5845
AG
MooreTrucker said:

when he decides he doesn't want to be rich af?

wbt5845
AG
At the end of this season, he will have earned $91 MM in his career. He is guaranteed $481 MM through his contract period.

That's almost half a BILLION dollars.
Grapesoda2525
MooreTrucker said:

Not every player wants to win. He's obviously thinking about generational wealth and if that's his goal, he and his future family will need every dollar they can get in a state like California.
KT 90
AG
wbt5845 said:

At the end of this season, he will have earned $91 MM in his career. He is guaranteed $481 MM through his contract period.

That's almost half a BILLION dollars.

*not counting endorsement money.
Grapesoda2525
Hey dallasag

Are you going to get your Roogie Odor stormtrooper bobble head?
TXAggie2011
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Not every player wants to win. He's obviously thinking about generational wealth and if that's his goal, he and his future family will need every dollar they can get in a state like California.

I guarantee that Mike Trout "wants to win" and while California is expensive, he Nd his future family are gonna be just fine.

I'd love to see what you'd do when offered the top sports contract ever offered.
MSFC Aggie
AG
Quote:

Odor as a stormtrooper is so damn spot on - those guys couldn't hit **** either.
POTD
DallasAg 94
KT 90
AG
Losing 5-1 right now. Seems to be pretty uneventful for the Rangers other than a Willie Calhoun HR and Nick Solak getting his first career hit.

Heaney looks like he has dominated so far, 7IP, 4H, 1R, 0BB, 13K

DallasAg 94
MSFC Aggie
AG
15 K's today. They are striking out at 9.86 per game. Only Detroit is worse at 9.97 per game.

How do you guys think this team will compete next year with these strikeout artists? I just don't get it.

Note: I'm officially old. I don't like that the NBA has become all about who's got the most 3's. I don't like how the NFL has become who has the most TD passes. And I hate how MLB has become all about the HR. I miss plays in the paint, I miss 3 yards and a cloud of dust, and I miss making contact, moving hitters around, hit and runs, taking a base on balls, stealing bases, etc.

Yes...I'm old
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
Burke really good through his first 2. 29 pitches, 21 strikes, one weak infield hit
First Page Last Page
Page 123 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.