*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

467,372 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Leclerc is starting to look like Ogando. 99 mph and still can't strike people out. He need more movement on that fastball.
DallasAg 94
94chem said:

Leclerc is starting to look like Ogando. 99 mph and still can't strike people out. He need more movement on that fastball.
I really liked Ogando. Dude was awesome... until he wasn't anymore.
alvtimes
MLB should just go ahead and fire Angel Hernandez and when he sues..... just have a 3 hour video of him sucking as their response!
TDub
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

94chem said:

I really liked Ogando. Dude was awesome... until he wasn't anymore.

They should've never tried to make him and Nefty starters
Michael Cera Palin
AG
My biggest gripe with sports is the lack of accountability with refs/umps. If a 19 year old quarterback throws multiple interceptions in a big game and has to sit through a post game press conference, a full grown man being paid to officiate a game can do the same for their mistakes. I think it's insane they can totally ruin a game and then run into a locker room and disappear afterwards.

I guarantee Angel Hernandez wouldn't be such a dumbass all the time if he had to sit in front of a bunch of reporters after every game and explain his ass backwards reasoning. Or maybe the NFL would be more careful about picking referees so they don't miss a PI call that would've sent a team to the Super Bowl (yes I'm a Saints fan and yes I'm still bitter)
DallasAg 94
Fairbanks is good!
gigem1223
Love Fairbanks's fire and craziness. Kid has the stuff to be really really good.
94chem
Cabrera should have been tossed there. 13 year vet with Spanish name, though.
gigem1223
The fan tumbling down 3 rows
Sports-Ag
AG
Luckily he didn't go over the rail. Had to rewind it a few times.
94chem
Sports-Ag said:

Wish they had showed a replay. I don't have gadgets on my TV.
Front Range Ag
AG
His demeanor and dialogue with himself reminds me of the Hoff (A&M's reliever last year).
Grapesoda2525
94chem said:

Sports-Ag said:

Wish they had showed a replay. I don't have gadgets on my TV.
The Boston sportscast probably has a video or replay of it if you can find it. The rangers broadcast tries WAY too hard to be family friendly. I still remember when the guy fell behind the left field wall trying to catch the ball thrown by josh Hamilton, the Oakland A's broadcast had a replay and an explanation for what happened. The rangers broadcast censored everything.
Front Range Ag
AG
I thought that they were careful not to mention the similar episodes in Arlington. Josh and Maybe Tom were calling a game one night when a guy fell over the railing in a similar fashion. Probably why there was no replay.
Front Range Ag
AG
Yeah, that fan was the one who died from his injuries. The one on the infield survived and I think was ok...somehow.
Sports-Ag
AG
Rangers win. 9-5
DallasAg 94
HELLO WIN COLUMN!
Legal Custodian
AG
What's our magic number?
Grapesoda2525
Doorbell said:

Yeah, that fan was the one who died from his injuries. The one on the infield survived and I think was ok...somehow.
It's unfortunate when it happens, but I don't think we should treat sporting events like Walt Disney movies. You can't script and censor everything in life. I don't see a problem with showing the guy fall as long as the announcers are kind, sympathetic, and respectful about it.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Doorbell said:

I thought that they were careful not to mention the similar episodes in Arlington. Josh and Maybe Tom were calling a game one night when a guy fell over the railing in a similar fashion. Probably why there was no replay.

I was at this game. Mid summer against the Indians. It was the year before the left field incident. Foul ball hit at the front row of the second deck on the first base line. Guy leaned over and fell right out of his seat and into the first deck. I can still remember how my stomach felt watching that guy free fall 30 feet and flipping over. If I remember correctly that offseason they raised the railings another three feet along the second and third decks, still didn't stop the later incident unfortunately.

Edit: now that I think about it, I think it was earlier than that. 2009 maybe? I just remember when the guy died in left field my whole family immediately thought of the game we had been to where we saw the guy fall.
DallasAg 94
Woody indicated that every other crew (with the exception of the incident in Oak) comes to him when he raises his hand, with a final decision. This crew didn't do that and he was going to appeal.
DallasAg 94
What a performance by Jurado.

6.0 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 6 K, 94 PC

The game seemed to slip in the 3rd, with 2 Outs. He gave up 2 BB, and then a hit, scoring 2 ER.

He looked far better than the line, against a really good BoSox team. He continues to improve. Can't say enough.
DallasAg 94
Rangers beat Boston
Yankees split with NYM
Oakland beat Tampa

Hou won
Min won
Cle won
CWS won

Texas-WC
Cle - 2GB
Bos - 3GB
Oak - 3GB
CWS - 4GB
LAA - 4.5 GB

Tomorrow:
Lynn (13GS, 4.39 ERA) vs Porcello (13 GS, 4.86 ERA)
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Rangers beat Boston
Yankees split with NYM
Oakland beat Tampa

Hou won
Min won
Cle won
CWS won

Texas-WC
Cle - 2GB
Bos - 3GB
Oak - 3GB
CWS - 4GB
LAA - 4.5 GB

Tomorrow:

I'd bet we have the advantage tomorrow. 1 or 2 bad games are the reason Lynn's ERA looks mediocre, but the other 10 starts or so have been great.
PatAg
AG
Is this guy seriously complaining that the broadcast doesnt show potentially horrific events?
wbt5845
AG
So I'm warming up to the Rangers becoming buyers since I love to win now. But I hope JD doesn't lose focus on the long term objectives.

Before the season, I didn't see anyone predicting Jurado and Sampson would develop into serviceable MLB starters but there they are. The primary focus of this season is to figure out who of the young guys are going to develop into being part of a championship roster a couple of years from now. I still want to stay focused on that and hold onto young talent.
Grapesoda2525
wbt5845 said:

So I'm warming up to the Rangers becoming buyers since I love to win now. But I hope JD doesn't lose focus on the long term objectives.

Before the season, I didn't see anyone predicting Jurado and Sampson would develop into serviceable MLB starters but there they are. The primary focus of this season is to figure out who of the young guys are going to develop into being part of a championship roster a couple of years from now. I still want to stay focused on that and hold onto young talent.
Can't wait to see how Sampson does tomorrow. Jurado already passed the Fenway test. If these pitchers can win or at least perform well in Fenway against the Red Sox, they can win almost anywhere. It's a good barometer.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Rangers beat Boston
Yankees split with NYM
Oakland beat Tampa

Hou won
Min won
Cle won
CWS won

Texas-WC
Cle - 2GB
Bos - 3GB
Oak - 3GB
CWS - 4GB
LAA - 4.5 GB

Tomorrow:

I'd bet we have the advantage tomorrow. 1 or 2 bad games are the reason Lynn's ERA looks mediocre, but the other 10 starts or so have been great.
Agreed.

His 1st Game sucked bad. Take that out, and his ERA is 3.60. Take out his April 23 game, of 3.1/8ER

5.2 IP, 7 ER (Mar 31)
3.1 IP, 8 ER (Apr 23) @ Oak
------------------------------
9.0 IP, 15 ER

Rest: 71.0 IP, 24 ER => 3.04 ERA
DallasAg 94
Porcello, worth noting in his last 3 GS
Jun 7, v TB, 6.0 IP, 4 ER
Jun 1, @ NYY, 4.2 IP, 4 ER
May 27 v Cle, 6.2 IP, 3 ER

We also have gone deep into their BP:
last night
Shawaryn: 2.0 IP, 34 PC
Poyner: 3.0 IP, 59 PC
Brewer: 1.0 IP, 16 PC

2nights ago, they pitched all of their good pitchers (Workman-14PC, Barnes-17PC, Hembree-19PC, Brasier-21PC)

So, the Rangers have seen their BP.

They mentioned this, last night... The BoSox have a 5.88 ERA in the 9th Inning. Also, opponents are batting .282 in the 9th inning.
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Porcello, worth noting in his last 3 GS
Jun 7, v TB, 6.0 IP, 4 ER
Jun 1, @ NYY, 4.2 IP, 4 ER
May 27 v Cle, 6.2 IP, 3 ER

We also have gone deep into their BP:
last night
Shawaryn: 2.0 IP, 34 PC
Poyner: 3.0 IP, 59 PC
Brewer: 1.0 IP, 16 PC

2nights ago, they pitched all of their good pitchers (Workman-14PC, Barnes-17PC, Hembree-19PC, Brasier-21PC

So, the Rangers have seen their BP.

They mentioned this, last night... The BoSox have a 5.88 ERA in the 9th Inning. Also, opponents are batting .282 in the 9th inning.
Hopefully Red Sox fans would be willing to trade a Red Sox loss for a bruins win today?
The Lost
PWestAg18 said:

My biggest gripe with sports is the lack of accountability with refs/umps. If a 19 year old quarterback throws multiple interceptions in a big game and has to sit through a post game press conference, a full grown man being paid to officiate a game can do the same for their mistakes. I think it's insane they can totally ruin a game and then run into a locker room and disappear afterwards.

I guarantee Angel Hernandez wouldn't be such a dumbass all the time if he had to sit in front of a bunch of reporters after every game and explain his ass backwards reasoning. Or maybe the NFL would be more careful about picking referees so they don't miss a PI call that would've sent a team to the Super Bowl (yes I'm a Saints fan and yes I'm still bitter)
woo unions!

Umping is also very hard from personal experience. It's gonna be fun to watch the clusterf that is reviewable pass interference.

I'm pro getting the call write, but they're going to have to find ways to do it quickly. I think im pro computer zone then regular umps with reviews but if you can't decide in 30 seconds, stay with the call on the field and move on.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
If someone told me on March 31st that the Rangers would be 6 games over .500 halfway through June, I would have told them to seek professional help.

This team, more often than not, just finds ways to win. We need to find a 5th SP and I would feel good about our WC chances. I almost feel crazy saying that.

That being said, I mentioned a few weeks ago that Jared Sandler reported the Rangers and Mets may be in talks to trade Noah Syndergaard. He's had a tough year this year but I think that is most likely due to poor run support. His ERA is up over 4.00 and his WHIP is up to 1.2 for the year but I wonder how much of that is due to him trying to do too much for a struggling Mets team. By comparison, de Grom's ERA is up .75 over his career average and he has a 3-6 record up to this point so I'm not sure it is all on the player.

Syndergaard is 26, from Mansfield, and has 1.5 - 2 years of team control remaining, unless he has extended and I'm not sure about that.

When I first heard this report I was skeptical, but I think it would be a good move for the Rangers at this moment.

Thoughts?

ETA - Upon further review, he is signed through this year so there is no team control after this season. Not sure I'd make the deal without a sign and trade in place. I don't know his affinity for the Rangers but being a metroplex native, I wonder if he would be willing to sign with them Mets to come to Texas. Not asking for a hometown discount, but I would think he might be more likely to sign.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Ok this is great

KT 90
AG
PWestAg18 said:

Ok this is great

that's pretty funny. ***btw, not safe for work if you don't have headphones on.

KT 90
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

If someone told me on March 31st that the Rangers would be 6 games over .500 halfway through June, I would have told them to seek professional help.

This team, more often than not, just finds ways to win. We need to find a 5th SP and I would feel good about our WC chances. I almost feel crazy saying that.

That being said, I mentioned a few weeks ago that Jared Sandler reported the Rangers and Mets may be in talks to trade Noah Syndergaard. He's had a tough year this year but I think that is most likely due to poor run support. His ERA is up over 4.00 and his WHIP is up to 1.2 for the year but I wonder how much of that is due to him trying to do too much for a struggling Mets team. By comparison, de Grom's ERA is up .75 over his career average and he has a 3-6 record up to this point so I'm not sure it is all on the player.

Syndergaard is 26, from Mansfield, and has 1.5 - 2 years of team control remaining, unless he has extended and I'm not sure about that.

When I first heard this report I was skeptical, but I think it would be a good move for the Rangers at this moment.

Thoughts?

ETA - Upon further review, he is signed through this year so there is no team control after this season. Not sure I'd make the deal without a sign and trade in place. I don't know his affinity for the Rangers but being a metroplex native, I wonder if he would be willing to sign with them Mets to come to Texas. Not asking for a hometown discount, but I would think he might be more likely to sign.

I wouldn't have believed it either. I'm all for pulling in pitching help as long as it is controllable for several years out. No one year rentals unless they are a straight salary dump that doesn't cost prospects.

Syndergaard would be interesting, but he'd cost a lot. But #1 or #2 level pitchers aren't available often, so you have make the move when you can. Speaking of.... saw this just a bit ago, he'd cost a load as well of course:

Quote:

Max Scherzer, RHP, Nationals

For teams seeking a front-of-the-rotation, difference-making arm, is there anybody that fits the bill more than Scherzer? It would be a big statement by the Nationals to trade the three-time Cy Young Award winner, but if they're ever going to do it, this summer is the time. Scherzer will gain 10-and-5 rights at the end of the season, allowing him to block any trade during the final two years of his contract. If the Nationals fade further in the race, they could restock their farm system with one big move, dealing the soon-to-be-35-year-old to a contender. Scherzer is owed $35 million a year through 2021, albeit with a lot of deferred money, but teams might be willing to take the risk, hoping for a Justin Verlander-to-Houston type of result.

First Page Last Page
Page 61 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.