*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

467,472 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
Michael Cera Palin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also great job by Santana and Elvis in their last two trips to the plate
DallasAg 94
gigem1223 said:

Can't say enough about Danny Santana
Carrying the team Offensively, tonight.

He has been great to watch, this season.
gigem1223
DallasAg 94 said:

gigem1223 said:

Also has made several great throws and plays of the green monster tonight to hold would be doubles to singles.
DallasAg 94
gigem1223 said:

PWestAg18 said:

Ok who do we trust to pitch the 11th
After watching Fairbanks the other night, give him to me
Was he the college RP that used to talk to himself? It was hilarious to watch, but he was effective. Not sure where he went to school.

Fairbanks went to Mizzou, IIRC.
DallasAg 94
gigem1223 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

gigem1223 said:

Also has made several great throws and plays of the green monster tonight to hold would be doubles to singles.
True.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

gigem1223 said:

PWestAg18 said:

Was he the college RP that used to talk to himself? It was hilarious to watch, but he was effective. Not sure where he went to school.

Aggies has a guy like that last year, can't remember his name. I'd get a panic attack just watching him stand on the mound with how anxious he was
gigem1223
Looks like it's Martin
gigem1223
PWestAg18 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

gigem1223 said:

PWestAg18 said:

Aggies has a guy like that last year, can't remember his name. I'd get a panic attack just watching him stand on the mound with how anxious he was

Hoffman
gigem1223
Martin pumpin 98
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Ballgame! What a win
Sports-Ag
AG
Great win.
gigem1223
We won an opening game of a series....on the road
GrapevineAg
cmiller00
Carlo4
AG
gigem1223
Crazy this team just keeps chugging along without Gallo's bat in the middle of the line up. Dude was putting up mvp type numbers and they don't miss a beat. Woody is doing a helluva job with this team.
Danny Vermin
Red Sox fans are melting down on their boards but they do have good things to say about the Rangers.
Mr Gigem
AG
Aggie_3 said:

AccidentProne said:

gigem1223 said:

I hope Minor goes back out for the 9th

Tough call. Pitch count is high but he's been on all game. Send him out on an extremely short leash?

You find anything out regarding my DM?

Still working on it
Grapesoda2525
Danny Vermin said:

Red Sox fans are melting down on their boards but they do have good things to say about the Rangers.
Link?
Grapesoda2525
Hopefully Santana silenced the doubters for awhile.

I still think the guy is better than several of our regulars.
Grapesoda2525
Hell of a fun game tonight. Love watching this team. My favorite rangers team to watch since 2011.

I think we will get one more in Boston. The Red Sox line up has a few great players, but it's not particularly deep.
KT 90
AG
Thoughts on this? We need pitching, but this would be pretty high risk, high reward.

Mr Gigem
AG
I like our chances to take 3/4 in Boston. I imagine we will start to see some real separation in the WC soon with there being probably a total of 4 teams competing for the 2 spots
Grapesoda2525
AccidentProne said:

I like our chances to take 3/4 in Boston. I imagine we will start to see some real separation in the WC soon with there being probably a total of 4 teams competing for the 2 spots
The rangers are probably catching both Boston and Cleveland ( next week) at a good time. Boston seems to be struggling at the moment and I don't even know whose starting for the Indians next week, they're decimated by injuries.
DallasAg 94
KT 90 said:

Thoughts on this? We need pitching, but this would be pretty high risk, high reward.

*Agent: Boras

I agree pretty high risk, high reward.

I could be wrong, but he will be overpaid for what he provides. Woody having been with the Dodgers likely has some HSOs on him... so, if Woody gives the nod, at this point I have some trust there.

I think there are going to be better options available.The other thing is, it will depend on how the next month or so goes.

I think most of us feel pretty safe with: Minor, Lynn, Sampson, Jurado. Who that #5 is will determine a lot.
wbt5845
AG
KT 90 said:

When a guy is playing the best baseball of his life, there's a tendency to believe he can do it forever.

Pitchers are not wine - they don't get better with age.
Jimtim1216
S

Interesting...
DallasAg 94
AccidentProne said:

I don't want to get to cocky, but I agree 3/4 is likely
The next 3:
Jurado v Hernandez <- Getting his 1st MLB GS.
Lynn v Porcello (13GS, 4.86 ERA) <- Game time moved to 3:05, due to Bruins/NHL/Stanley Cup
Sampson v Price (11GS, 2.70 ERA) <- We've owned Price

Some on Darwinzon Hernandez (22-LHP)... Called up and has made one appearance, so far.

His minor league stats:
'19 - AA: 9 GS, 5.13 ERA, 1.612 WHIP, 40.1 IP, 59 SO, 32 BB. He has given up 2 HRs.

Stats appear that he is a strikeout pitcher (13.2 SO9 who can be wild (7.1 BB9) who gets into trouble by putting guys on base, and then giving up a hit.

I think if the Rangers/Odor are patient, they'll work the kid deep into counts. Likely get a few walks and then do what the Rangers have done. Be aggressive on the bases and manufacture some runs.

Should be a fun game.
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

AccidentProne said:

The next 3:
Lynn v Porcello (13GS, 4.86 ERA) <- Game time moved to 3:05, due to Bruins/NHL/Stanley Cup

Some on Darwinzon Hernandez (22-LHP)... Called up and has made one appearance, so far.

His minor league stats:
'19 - AA: 9 GS, 5.13 ERA, 1.612 WHIP, 40.1 IP, 59 SO, 32 BB. He has given up 2 HRs.

Stats appear that he is a strikeout pitcher (13.2 SO9 who can be wild (7.1 BB9) who gets into trouble by putting guys on base, and then giving up a hit.

I think if the Rangers/Odor are patient, they'll work the kid deep into counts. Likely get a few walks and then do what the Rangers have done. Be aggressive on the bases and manufacture some runs.

Should be a fun game.
The only caveat is that the Red Sox are throwing 2 more left handed starters at us. We struggle against LHP's. We only got 3 measly hits off sale last night.
Grapesoda2525
Jimtim1216 said:

Interesting...
The most interesting part is the word "CONTROLLABLE". I can't imagine people would be too upset if we brought in a starter who was decent and didn't **** the bed every game. We gotta do something about drew smyly if we seriously are going to try for a wildcard. I'd get rid of him if we're rebuilding anyway, he's a 1 man bullpen wrecking crew every 5 days. Yikes.
Mr Gigem
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

AccidentProne said:

The next 3:

His minor league stats:

Should be a fun game.
The only caveat is that the Red Sox are throwing 2 more left handed starters at us. We struggle against LHP's. We only got 3 measly hits off sale last night.

The kicker there is that it was Chris Sale. Not exactly apples to apples
Grapesoda2525
AccidentProne said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

AccidentProne said:

The next 3:

His minor league stats:

Should be a fun game.

The kicker there is that it was Chris Sale. Not exactly apples to apples
You're right, but he has had a down year for his standards. The only lefty that I can think of whose more nasty than Sale is Kershaw.
94chem
Some situational baseball from last night:

With a 1 run lead and runners at 2nd and 3rd for Texas, BoSox decide to bring in the IF with 1 out. An interesting decision, because you risk giving up 2 runs instead of 1, and you go completely out of the shift with Mazara up. I told my son they would pitch Maz high with the fastball, and down low with the breaking stuff. They'll try to walk him with 1st base open, but hope he might chase down low or pop it up.

For strike 1, he chased down low, but he eventually worked the count in his favor. I think it was 3-1 when he got the single, but before the pitch I told my son that I would be hunting a high fastball in the zone and try to drive it in the air to left, but not to go out of the zone - only hit a mistake.

Turns out, they went low with the breaking ball, but the pitcher was supposed to bury that ball and he left it at the knees. Mazara barely made contact, but with the IF in, it easily made it into left center. I'm almost certain that ball gets caught with normal alignment, but with normal alignment, maybe BoSox are in a shift anyway. Either way, the pitcher didn't execute, and I wonder if the earlier passed ball caused him to leave the slider up. With Pence and Cabrera following, there was no need to give Maz a strike to hit. Credit to Maz for great situational hitting, working the count, and not accepting the likely walk.

Anyway, in retrospect I think Boston might have just given Mazara 4 and put the IF in double play. The whole inning just shows how important it is to have guys put the ball in play with runners on base, and how critical it is for back end bullpen pitchers to have swing and miss stuff. The Rangers' pen has been woefully deficient in the strikeout department for many years, even with guys who throw in the upper 90's.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Jimtim1216 said:

Interesting...

Definitely have no problem with a controllable starter if they're actually going to spend like AP had mentioned. If they deal prospects and then roll with largely the same team plus said starter next year, that would be idiotic in my opinion.
KT 90
AG
Jimtim1216 said:

Interesting...

A controllable starter that is mostly a salary dump would be idieal. Hopefully we wouldn't have to give up too many prospects, at least not decent ones.

First Page Last Page
Page 59 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.