*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

468,143 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
Fuzzy Dunlop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree with everything the previous three posters have said but man this team (offense, mostly defense, and some bright pitching spots but not many) sure is fun to watch.

I'd hate to get rid of Pence but would certainly understand if we did and we got good prospects. Same with Choo (and I dont think we'll be able to move him without eating some of his salary) but he's having a good year and we could likely get some good prospects for him too. I'd love to keep Santana, Forsythe, Minor, etc but I think we could really stock the farm if these guys were shopped competently.

Mr Gigem
AG
I think I would still be on board with making a run at Keuchel and/or Kimbrel after the draft, knock the rust off, and then flip them to a contender for prospects.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
AccidentProne said:

I think I would still be on board with making a run at Keuchel and/or Kimbrel after the draft, knock the rust off, and then flip them to a contender for prospects.

I'd be fine with that on the cheap. I'd be concerned with doing any kind of multi year deal with either though.
Grapesoda2525
I'm surprised that odor hasn't been sent down to the minors yet. The guy is still hitting under .170
KT 90
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

I'm surprised that odor hasn't been sent down to the minors yet. The guy is still hitting under .170

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/mlb/texas-rangers/article230961563.html

Danny Vermin
Grapesoda2525 said:

Shut the **** up. Seriously, go cheer for the Astros. He's not going down so quit taking about it.
Grapesoda2525
The Bautista punch............

Strangely enough, Cemented his full time status, because it sure as heck hasn't been his play on the field.
Odor was banny's favorite son. He probably viewed odor as a baseball version of a "Banty rooster". A scrappy little under dog whose never afraid to fight. It's a nice story and all, but major league team should make decisions based on results. There should be some semblance of merit. We shouldn't pick "winners and losers" on the roster before the season even begins and rigidly stick to that plan while disregarding results on the field for some players and holding it over the heads of others.

PacifistAg
AG
The Bautista punch has nothing to do with him continuing to start for the Rangers. That's just silly. Far more relevant to that is the investment the club made in him after the 2016 season. He was a 22 yr old second basemen that just hit .271 with 33 HR. He had progressively improved every year up to that point. They made an investment and it doesn't look to be working out, but committing $50 million to the guy will always buy a little more patience. They're going to have to pay it anyways, so the hope is he finds the player he was trending to be.
DallasAg 94
AccidentProne said:

Just to clarify.

They are free to sign after midnight on June 2.
DallasAg 94

Minor is 11GS, 2.55 ERA, 1.132 WHIP, 70.2 IP, 72SO

If you take out Lance Lynn's 1st game of the season, he has 10 GS, 4.06 ERA, 1.35 WHIP, 62.0 IP, 65 SO.

Lynn's ERA in:
April: 4.34, 5GS
May: 3.82, 5GS

Keuchel was:
2017: 2.90, 23GS
2018: 3.74, 34GS

I don't know what to expect from Keuchel, but if he is our #2 or #3... you've now taken Shelby Miller (9.64 ERA in 11 Games, 8GS) out of the mix. Rangers are 6-5 in games he has pitched.

Gerrit Cole is 23rd in AL ERA with a 4.02. He is 3rd in ERA for Houston SPs.

Houston has lost:
Correa with a fractured rib
Altuve is out with a left hamstring strain. On the 28th, it was announced he had a setback in rehab.
Springer is out 4-8 weeks with a Grade 2 Hamstring strain.

It will be interesting to see what they do in the interim.
Carlo4
AG
^^^^

You should add Martin Perez to that. 7-1 with a sub 3 ERA. Shame he couldn't produce like that here.
wbt5845
AG
Mondesi is what I wish Odor would try to be. Slap singles around, steal bases, play good D.
DallasAg 94
wbt5845 said:

Mondesi is what I wish Odor would try to be. Slap singles around, steal bases, play good D.
Get picked off 1st?
wbt5845
AG
And just like that Perez gives up 6 runs in three innings.
wbt5845
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

wbt5845 said:

Get picked off 1st?

Yeah maybe not that part.

But you know what I mean.
DallasAg 94

wbt5845
AG
Damn Choo is just stroking it.
DallasAg 94
wbt5845 said:

And just like that Perez gives up 6 runs in three innings.
It will be interesting if he can settle back in, or if he freaks out.

I'm hoping he settles back in.
alvtimes
Danny Vermin said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Shut the **** up. Seriously, go cheer for the Astros. He's not going down so quit taking about it.

I dont understand why we cant talk about an underperforming player needing time in the minors????
DallasAg 94
Alvarado Times said:

I dont understand why we cant talk about an underperforming player needing time in the minors????
I don't think the point is whether or not to discuss an underperforming player needing time in the minors.

It is the constant drum beatting of him constantly attacking a player personally, beyond his performance and/or need to get sent down.

It is very personal for him, and he does it if Odor doesn't play. He does it if Odor has a good night.

We get it. He doesn't like Odor.
Danny Vermin
Alvarado Times said:

Danny Vermin said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Do you Ranger thread often? It's a ********* broken record with this guy.
DallasAg 94
Good night in Nashville.

Pedro Payano made his debut: 4.0 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO.
Fairbanks made his debut: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO
Grapesoda2525
The last at bat was the ugliest one of the night. Kennedy made him look foolish.

Not saying any names on who was hitting.
DallasAg 94
Tonight's Rangers game is deflating for fans and will likely affect walk-up attendance.

They mentioned Rangers are not good in series opening games. In fact, if I calculated correctly... 5-14
alvtimes
Danny Vermin said:

Alvarado Times said:

Danny Vermin said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Do you Ranger thread often? It's a *********broken record with this guy.

its a message board...talking about the Rangers is what happens here..... Odor is sucking ass.... so we talk about Odor sucking ass.... 0-4 tonight while two bats hitting 100+ points higher ride pine.... seems kinda silly to ignore it on a message board.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525 said:

The last at bat was the ugliest one of the night. Kennedy made him look foolish.

Not saying any names on who was hitting.
We know.

You just can't help yourself.
Grapesoda2525
Alvarado Times said:

Danny Vermin said:

Alvarado Times said:

Danny Vermin said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

its a message board...talking about the Rangers is what happens here..... Odor is sucking ass.... so we talk about Odor sucking ass.... 0-4 tonight while two bats hitting 100+ points higher ride pine.... seems kinda silly to ignore it on a message board.
The results on the field are why I'm able to turn the other cheek when people insult me. I know I'm right.

The rangers organization is looking silly right now for continuing to trot this guy out there everyday.
Danny Vermin
Alvarado Times said:

Danny Vermin said:

Alvarado Times said:

Danny Vermin said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

The dude has two taking points, odor sucks and make weed legal everywhere. The first one is annoying as **** and I happen to agree with the second.
alvtimes
Danny Vermin said:

Alvarado Times said:

Danny Vermin said:

Alvarado Times said:

Danny Vermin said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

The dude has two taking points, odor sucks and make weed legal everywhere. The first one is annoying as **** and I happen to agree with the second.

Well Odor is sucking..... so that talking point seems correct. I think watching Odor continue to suck is annoying also..... but yet, there he is day after day.
PatAg
AG
Not sure sending him down to the minors would help anything. Dude doesnt seem to want to learn anything
Grapesoda2525
PatAg said:

Not sure sending him down to the minors would help anything. Dude doesnt seem to want to learn anything
Here is odor's MLB ranks as a regular player. He just received enough at bats tonight to qualify because of his small stint on the injured list.

169 of 169 in Average (by .019 points)
169 of 169 in On Base Percentage (by .015 points)
160 of 169 in Slugging Percentage (because of the homers)
169 of 169 in OPS (Tied currently)

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Alvarado Times said:

Danny Vermin said:

Alvarado Times said:

Danny Vermin said:

Alvarado Times said:

Danny Vermin said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Well Odor is sucking..... so that talking point seems correct. I think watching Odor continue to suck is annoying also..... but yet, there he is day after day.

No one disputes he's sucking. That said, it's literally almost all he posts about. He's got nothing new to say. Just the same s*** over and over and over and over. It's not discussion, just his personal crusade to make sure everybody knows he thinks Odor sucks.
Grapesoda2525
Ranger #007 said:

Alvarado Times said:

Danny Vermin said:

Alvarado Times said:

Danny Vermin said:

Alvarado Times said:

Danny Vermin said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

No one disputes he's sucking. That said, it's literally almost all he posts about. He's got nothing new to say. Just the same s*** over and over and over and over. It's not discussion, just his personal crusade to make sure everybody knows he thinks Odor sucks.
People on this thread have gone to great lengths, they have pulled obscure stats out of there butts, and framed them in a positive way like a catcher frames a terrible pitch. All of this was an effort ( in vain) to make odor look good. Many times before I have been met with resistance and people have defended odor. I don't think it's accurate to say nobody disputes he's sucking. Go back and read some of the prior pages on this thread if you don't believe me.

He struck out 3 times in 4 AB's tonight. If he wasn't hurting the team and we were winning anyway, I wouldn't give a damn, but I love this team and it is painful to watch some guy get special treatment in regard to playing time while superior players have to sit and rot on the damn bench.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Dude, damned near all you post about is Odor. It got old a long time ago.
alvtimes
MLB draft upcoming...... Rangers at 8. I'll take Jackson Rutledge.
First Page Last Page
Page 46 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.