*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

467,834 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
KT 90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Rumor on the radio one of the OF: DD, Calhoun or Mazara could be headed down... lot's of speculation it was Mazara's turn.
Please be Mazara.
PatAg
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

KT 90 said:

Has Lucroy even played since he got plowed over down in Houston? I think he had a previous concussion or two, maybe he is just ready to hang'em up.

I remember how excited we all were when we traded for him a few years ago. He was the second coming of pudge, almost. Would be interesting to pull that thread back up
Those people weren't wrong, his performance just tanked once we got him
Grapesoda2525
I think I see former Dallas congressman and major marijuana Prohibitionist Pete Sessions behind home plate.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Dear god don't let it be Willie.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
They really need to make check swings reviewable. The first and third base umpires have a s*** angle to make that call.
Old Tom Morris
Leclerc is a ****in mess in the head.
Sports-Ag
AG
Glad to get out of that in the ninth.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Not all of that was on Leclerc. First base umpire blew the call that should have ended the game and to call Mathis form on that bad ball atrocious would be a vast understatement.
Grapesoda2525
Calhoun went hitless.

Might give JD an excuse to demote Calhoun instead.
KT 90
AG
Calhoun and Hieneman need to be in the lineup almost every game down the stretch. Need extended ab's to determine their role moving forward.
Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

Calhoun and Hieneman need to be in the lineup almost every game down the stretch. Need extended ab's to determine their role moving forward.

Definitely seems like a no brainer.

I just don't trust this front office lately. Mazara should be demoted to triple A
wbt5845
AG
KT 90 said:

These are two guys who you really need to figure out if they're part of your future.
DallasAg 94
I know it was just one game, but how did the new defense look? I missed the game.

Heineman in CF
IKF @ 3B A reminder he had 38GS @ 3B for Texas in 2018.

Santana is batting .330 with 304 TPAs, At this point he needs 38 additional ABs, 109 G into the season to qualify for the batting title. Assuming he plays everyday, he'll get there. I'll be interested to see if he has continued to take defense at 3B. With Guzman sent down, I would think he'll finish the season at 1B.

LeMahieu is currently leading the AL at .334. Devers is #2 at .324.

Not sure this is the plan, but I like the idea of Mathis catching Minor and Lynn. Let Trevino catch Jurado and Sampson. Jurado and Trevino were both at AA for 2017 and 2018, so they should be familiar with each other.
KT 90
AG
Emmanuel Clase update from Scott Lucas email. Gives you an idea what to expect from him.

Quote:

the Rangers also purchased the contract of reliever Emmanuel Clase from Frisco. He flew in from Amarillo and arrived just before the game. At his best, Clase won't throw any fastballs that drop under 100 MPH, and he'll mix in a slider that reaches 94. Unlike many with elite velocity, and also unlike many of the best relief prospects in the Texas system, Clase is a consistent strike thrower. Since late May, he's walked only two batters in 26 innings. Sometimes that control has actually worked to his detriment. When his slider isn't used or is ineffective, hitters have cheated at will and found surprising success. In Clase's first month at Frisco, opponents hit .365 against him. He needs the slider to keep hitters honest.

Eleven months ago, Clase was pitching in the short-season Northwest League playoffs.
KT 90
AG
Nick Solak making some noise as well. Burke had another good start as well in AA.

Nick Solak hit his sixth homer in 15 games for Nashville. Solak slugged 17 in 85 games for Durham and 19 last year with AA Montgomery, so he's got some pop, but I wasn't expecting a .655 slugging percentage. Yes, there's the rabbit ball, but all of his 15 games in the organization have occurred in Nashville, New Orleans and San Antonio, three of the pitcher-friendliest parks in the league.

Brock Burke pitched very well, again, and Frisco found San Diego prospect MacKenzie Gore easier to hit the second time around. Gore shut down the Riders for 5.1 innings in his AA debut. Free of blister and shoulder fatigue, Burke has a 2.94 ERA, six walks and 35 strikeouts in 33.2 innings, and opponents are hitting .198/.238/.345 against him.

Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

Nick Solak making some noise as well. Burke had another good start as well in AA.

Nick Solak hit his sixth homer in 15 games for Nashville. Solak slugged 17 in 85 games for Durham and 19 last year with AA Montgomery, so he's got some pop, but I wasn't expecting a .655 slugging percentage. Yes, there's the rabbit ball, but all of his 15 games in the organization have occurred in Nashville, New Orleans and San Antonio, three of the pitcher-friendliest parks in the league.

Brock Burke pitched very well, again, and Frisco found San Diego prospect MacKenzie Gore easier to hit the second time around. Gore shut down the Riders for 5.1 innings in his AA debut. Free of blister and shoulder fatigue, Burke has a 2.94 ERA, six walks and 35 strikeouts in 33.2 innings, and opponents are hitting .198/.238/.345 against him.

Good.....

It's past time for the farm to make a noticeable contribution to the MLB team. Feels like it's been awhile. I don't really count Calhoun because he's a dodgers product.
KT 90
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

KT 90 said:

Good.....

It's past time for the farm to make a noticeable contribution to the MLB team. Feels like it's been awhile. I don't really count Calhoun because he's a dodgers product.

In that case, we can't count Solak or Burke either . Just count them all, even if acquired by trade. That just means we gave up a player for a prospect to help build the farm system.
DallasAg 94
But we get to count Travis Demeritte, right?!
DallasAg 94
E5 on IKF. Shoud have been a routine ball..
DallasAg 94
The youth movement...

Tonight's lineup (so far):
Pence (36)
Andrus (30)
Santana (28)
Heineman (26)
Trevino (26)
DeShields (26)
Odor (25)
Calhoun (24) - 133 AB coming into 2019
IKF (24)
------------
Sampson (27) - 27.2 IP coming into 2019
Guerrieri (26) - 9.2 IP coming into 2019
BMartin (24)

Bold - Major league debut this season.
DallasAg 94
IKF to Santana putout in top of the 9th was pretty good.

Santana providing confidence in his 1B ability!
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Off night for Santana at the plate.

In fairness, Boyd is nasty tho.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Off night for Santana at the plate.

In fairness, Boyd is nasty tho.
No worried about Santana's bat, at this point.

Happy to see his defense.

5 ABs gets him closer to qualifying.
wbt5845
AG
Where are the haters?

MooreTrucker
AG
Yeah, Rougy, you're really not good enough for that bat drop, admire stroll. Just hit it and run and stop being an ass.

Other than that, swinging for the fences sometimes does work out, and 20 HR's is pretty good, right?
Proposition Joe
MooreTrucker said:

Yeah, Rougy, you're really not good enough for that bat drop, admire stroll. Just hit it and run and stop being an ass.

Even 3 years ago when that clip happened?
DallasAg 94
Good to see Rougie paying for the Visas of the Vz LLWS team, so they can compete in Williamsport. Something he and other Vz players did last year, as well.

About $200/ea for 20 players to get Visas, along with money for food, etc.
MooreTrucker
AG
Proposition Joe said:

MooreTrucker said:

Even 3 years ago when that clip happened?
He did the same thing last night.
Proposition Joe
I'm certainly not a fan of a lot of Roogie's antics, but he watched the hit for about a second last night before breaking into a jog. That's on the tame end of walk-off homerun reactions.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
There wasn't any point where he was "being an ass". The hate for him with some folks is really getting absurd.
Baby Billy
AG
Clase
DallasAg 94
And THAT is why I'm not real concerned about Santana's bat.
MooreTrucker
AG
Ranger #007 said:

There wasn't any point where he was "being an ass". The hate for him with some folks is really getting absurd.
I don't hate him, I don't like those actions by anyone. And yeah, it wasn't as bad last night but it was there.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
What happened in the gif doesn't approach the description of being an ass.
First Page Last Page
Page 115 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.