Baseball trips/Visiting Stadiums

8,154 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by reveille23
Fuzzy Dunlop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've always wanted to visit all the MLB stadiums since I was a kid. It's only been in the last few years that I've been able to start working to accomplish this desire. I'm a lifelong Rangers fan so I've been to Arlington Stadium and TBIA many times over the years, of course. I've also visited Minute Maid Park a few times to watch Astros' games when I was in Houston. One of the most memorable was going to watch Barry Bonds while he was playing for the Giants.

A few years ago, I was able to go to Coors Field and catch a Rockies game. Last year, I went to a Twins game in Minneapolis. This year, I'll be taking in a game in St. Louis and another at Wrigley (maybe I'll catch a White Sox game while I'm in town, too).

Obviously, I'd love to take in a game at Fenway but no other ballparks besides Fenway and Wrigley are really "special" anymore. I think Dodger's Stadium is the third oldest ballpark and TBIA is probably one of the 10 oldest now, but not for much longer.

The thread about Petco got me thinking about this this, but what other MLB parks, besides Texas or Houston (or your hometown team), have each of you visited. Just though this might be a fun thread.
irish pete ag06
AG
I set a goal in college to see them all also. I am nowhere near done and having children has certainly slowed it down. But here we go:

Defunct stadiums:
  • Arlington Stadium
  • Astrodome
  • Yankee Stadium

Current Stadiums
  • TBiA
  • Minute Maid
  • Nationals Park
  • Camden Yards
  • Fenway Park
  • Busch Stadium
  • Wrigley Field
  • US Cellular Field (White Sox, called something different now)
  • Kauffman Stadium
  • At&t Park

My favorite so far of all of those is Fenway. Just a classic atmosphere and very nice updates.

Next in line is likely Coors, Petco, Seattle, Minneapolis, and/or PNC
JDUB08AG
AG
I travel a decent amount for work and I'm going to start making it a priority to go visit other parks. It's just a cool experience all around, even more so if you really appreciate baseball.
Ag_07
AG
I've done Wrigley, old Milwaukee County, and Comiskey Park all on one trip. Did that as a teenager with family.

Wife and I did Opening Day 2016 at Yankee Stadium when the Astros were there.

Planning a trip to AT&T Park to catch an Astros game there this summer.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
We've done Wrigley, Fenway, and Petco the last three years. Petco was the nicest, Wrigley was the most fun, and Fenway had the most... "wow". Tough to beat Wrigley since Junkhead made a phone call and got us on the field for BP. Then again, the Sox were playing the Yankees in A-Rod's last game there, so that was special too. Overall, Fenway is my favorite.

Obviously MMP and TBIA were in there too, but those aren't the same. I love MMP. TBIA has never really done it for me.

Trips to San Fran, Coors, and another to Fenway are all on the schedule for this year. Wife is from Denver and for all the Broncos games we've been to, I've never seen a game at Coors. She's excited to fix that. Next year is a Washington-Baltimore-Pittsburgh trip. Eventually I'd like to hit them all, but I guess everyone says that.
The Milkman
AG
I'm very fortunate that my fianc has really started to like going to games with me and seeing new parks. Now when we travel she makes it part of the planning to see when games are for wherever we're headed. Right now the list is:

Minute Maid
Ballpark in Arlington
Coors
Petco
Safeco
Wrigley
Fenway
PNC
Citizens Bank
New Yankee Stadium
Camden Yards
Turner*
Astrodome*

Favorites: Camden, Wrigley and PNC. PNC and Camden have very classic feels with modern amenities. Wrigley is just a great time. We were there for a Friday day game and couldn't have asked for more. Also the entire party scene of Wrigleyville surrounding is unbeatable pre/postgame.

Close seconds: Fenway and Petco

Least favorite: Yankee Stadium. No personality, too big.

Looking forward to most: AT&T and Busch

No real interest but will go at some point when it's convenient just to mark it off the list: Miami, Oakland, Phoenix
HECUBUS
AG
Defunct stadiums:
Arlington Stadium
Astrodome

Current Stadiums
Minute Maid
Camden Yards
Fenway
Busch
At&t

Saw Madbum beat my Astros 3-1 in August of 2015 at AT&T. That's my favorite park. It was an afternoon/evening game and they played "when the lights go down in the city" as we were walking out. Weather was perfect, Madbum was amazing with 12 Ks.

Fenway is cool, the fans are great and Boston is a neat city. Astrodome was the worst. You could only hear the crack of a bat if you were sitting near a tv monitor.
TXAggie2011
AG
Current stadiums:
Angel Stadium
AT&T Park
New Busch
Citizens Bank
Coors
Dodger Stadium
Fenway
Globe Life
Guaranteed Rate/Comiskey II
Kauffman
Miller
Minute Maid
Nationals
Oakland Coliseum
Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Petco Park
Rogers Centre/Sky Dome
Tropicana
Wrigley
New Yankee

Defunct:
Arlington Stadium
Astrodome
Old Busch
Hard Rock/Pro Player
Kingdome
Qualcomm
Turner Field
Yankee Stadium

(And I've been to RFK for non-baseball.)
aTm2004
AG
Haven't been to many.

I'm an Astros fan, so have been to MMP and the Dome many times.

Other parks I've been to:
- Globe Life Park when I was in Dallas for a work trip and the group went a couple of years ago
- Petco Park for a Padres/Dodgers game when I was in San Diego for work
- Wrigley Field to watch the Astros/Cubs about 6 years ago. Loved Wrigley and the whole area around the park. Probably my favorite sporting venue ever

Tried to catch a game at AT&T Park when we were in SFO for our honeymoon, but they were out of town that week.
NotGibbs
Defunct:
Astrodome

Current:
Busch
Citizens Bank
Fenway
MMP
Nationals
Camden Yards
Wrigley
Yankee

Will be hitting Globe Life this season.
Favorite was definitely Camden. Nationals is definitely an underrated park too.
Top of the wish list is PNC
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Rangers play in Oakland and San Fran in the same week in August this year. My buddies and I are planning a trip to go to both stadiums. Growing up as a Rangers fan I've grown a weird desire to experience the Coliseum. I guess I've spent so many late nights of my life watching the Rangers play there I've kinda come to love the ****tyness of it.

As for stadiums I've been to:

RBiA
Minute Maid
old Riverfront in Cincinnati

I was too young to remember the game in Cincinnati, but it was during Mcgwire's record season and the Reds had some teenager strike him out twice. My dad was bummed not to see a homerun.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Defunct:
Astrodome

Current (in order from favorite to least):

Fenway
Camden
Minute Maid
Nationals Park
Coors Field
Citizens Bank Park
BPiA
BCSWguru
Defunct:
Astrodome (for racing, not baseball)
Metrodome
Arlington Stadium

Existing:
Orioles
Yankees
Mets
Phillies
Pirates
Indians
Dodgers
Astros
Rangers
Padres
Angels
Royals
Rockies

Favorite park (by far) is PNC in Pittsburgh. Biggest surprise was Citi Field. Biggest disappointment was Yankee Stadium.

I do get an ice cream helmet at each stadium I visit. I remember going to the Metrodome and they were either out of helmets or didn't have any ice cream left.
WES2006AG
AG
I have only started vising ballparks outside Houston in the last few years and have had a great time seeing some cool parks. Here is where I have been from favorite to least:

Wrigley
Dodgers Stadium
MMP
New Yankee Stadium
Astrodome

Going to catch the Astros series at Coors Field this year in July as well.
chico
AG
My son is graduating high school this year. For graduation present - trip to Chi to see the Cubs and then to Boston to see the Sox. Great father/son time together. I'll like this trip as much as he will. Going in June.

For the OP - I've been to Seattle, San Fran, Oakland, old Rangers stadium, Astrodome & Minute Maid, old Yankees stadium, Baltimore.
awall11
AG
I'm also trying see them all. Been to 16/30 so far. Saw 12 last year. 9 in 9 days over the summer. If you have a chance, a stadium road trip is incredibly fun! Though 9 straight was a bit much...

I've seen:

Minute Maid Park
Globe Life Park
Nationals Park
Yankee Stadium
Angel Stadium
Great American Ballpark
PNC Park
Progressive Field
Rogers Center
Comerica Park
Guaranteed Rate Field
Miller Park
Wrigley
Target Field
Kauffman Stadium
Busch Stadium

PNC is far and away my favorite so far. Beautiful ballpark, incredible food, and an awesome view of the city. Also really love Busch and Comerica.
The Milkman
AG
PatAg
AG
There's just something about the stadiums with the downtown in the backdrop...or mountains/bays..anything nature related. I've always loved the Ballpark, but I do sometimes wish it was maybe near downtown Fort Worth or Dallas.
Wicked Good Ag
And there are some beautiful minor league parks as well that some of you should also look at
ORAggieFan
Defunct:
Metrodome
Kingdome

Current:
Safeco
Petco
AT&T
Oakland
Dodger Stadium
Anaheim
Chase
Arlington
*Wrigley (rooftops so not technically in it)

I've got a ball at four of them, which is always fun.
Wicked Good Ag
A friend and I did a trip across middle America in 2002

Hit up Busch then Wrigley then Miller Park followed by the Metrodome and then hit Chomisky and Kaufman before a game at the Ballpark in Arlington. Seven stadiums in eight days with a lot of good food at some great dives
digging tunnels
AG
Astrodome

MMP
Globe life park
Fenway (this place is just majestic)

Will go to LA and SF this summer to watch the Astros
college of AG
AG
defunct-
Yankee stadium
Shea
Astrodome
Turner field

still standing-
Minute maid
Globe life
Wrigley
Miller
Us cellular (chisox)
Busch
Kauffman
Orioles @ Camden
citizens bank park
Safeco

also Field of Dreams (fun pit stop)

trip planned for SF and Oak this summer. Trying to sneak in Fenway also

double aught
AG
Unless you have an opinion on that stadium, nobody gives a damn about what stadiums you've been to.
irish pete ag06
AG
double aught said:

Unless you have an opinion on that stadium, nobody gives a damn about what stadiums you've been to.

Lolwut
alvtimes
We started this late with kid but
2016 Wrigley- Cubs
2017 Minute Maid -Astros
2018... still planning but looks like Yankee Stadium
Mozart Paintings
AG
defunct-
Arlington Stadium
Astrodome
Turner field

still standing-
Minute maid
Globe life
Fenway
Wrigley
Miller
Comerica
Sky Dome
Us cellular (chisox)
Orioles @ Camden
PNC
Safeco
Petco Park
AT&T Park
Dodger Stadium
Yankee Stadium
Angel Stadium
Target Field
Coors Field
Citi Field

Plan to hit Cleveland, Cincinnati, and the new Braves park this year.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
double aught said:

I'm glad to know the way you feel!

So, have you been to any Major League ballparks besides Ranger, Astros, or your hometown team? What did you think of the ones you have been too?
agswin1988
AG
defunct:
Detroit
Miami
astrodome
Arlington
Yankees
mets
st. luis
milwaukee

current

new Arlington
MMP
tampa
Baltimore
Chicago white sox
Chicago cubs
boston
jckrjr7
AG
Astros
Rangers
White Sox
Red Sox (favorite so far)
Orioles
Nationals
Angels
Padres (old stadium)
Rockies
Braves (old stadium)

Going to the Reds and Yankees stadiums next month. I've been to Cubs, SF and Miami ball parks but it wasn't baseball season so we just walked around.
jckrjr7
AG
It's funny I do the same thing with the ice cream helmets.
BCSWguru
Saw the A's pummel the Angels last night. Stadium in Anaheim was average pretty much all the way around. The helmet nachos were fantastic, though. Edit to add...post game fireworks were amazing. The 7-year old loved it.

Catching Petco on Thursday and maybe the Dodgers on Wednesday depending on my mood.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Anaheim one of my least underwhelming thus far. Only positive was seeing trout hit a game tying two run blast in the bottom of the 9th.
W
AG
I made my tour of the ballparks in the 90's and 00's. At one point had been to all 30 active MLB stadiums, but a few new ones have opened up in the last several years
W
AG
always remember my trip to Chicago...went to a Sunday afternoon game at Wrigley. Beautiful day, nice neighborhood, nostalgic stadium, etc..,

but if you're going to go see all the parks...that means the White Sox too. The next night went to Old Comiskey. It was difficult enjoying the game knowing we had to survive the nighttime walk back to the parking lot afterwards. The stadium lots were in the shadows of the projects
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.