***** Official Houston Astros 2018 Season Thread *****

3,177,709 Views | 44067 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dshedd41
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder how that works. because both teams do promotions around the beard.
irish pete ag06
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Keuchel hasn't said anything that terrible. He comes off a bit whiny sometimes, but he's no Tyler Bauer. I try to separate the player from the person or else it would be hard to root for a lot of these guys.

He and Harden do need to trim their beards down to a non-gnomish level. I wonder if either of them have anything contractual obligating them to keep them or if they are both just attention-seeking ******s.
That beard is glorious and I envy his ability to shape it the way he does.
WES2006AG
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Keuchel hasn't said anything that terrible. He comes off a bit whiny sometimes, but he's no Tyler Bauer. I try to separate the player from the person or else it would be hard to root for a lot of these guys.

He and Harden do need to trim their beards down to a non-gnomish level. I wonder if either of them have anything contractual obligating them to keep them or if they are both just attention-seeking ******s.
Harden's beard gives him an extra 6 inches of face to draw a foul with. Dallas is just trying to be fashionable.
PSully97
AG
It's funny that when it comes to his performance, which isn't bad, everyone rips him... but when it comes to his beard, which isn't great, everyone rallies behind him.
tjack16
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

I googled LMJ and reliever to see if I could find the tweet of some national prospect guy who kept relegating LMJ to the pen and I found this ol Keith Law Chat... Here's some humdingers:

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/39666/mlb-insider-keith-law

well that last take on Altuve and JD Martinez was pretty bad
Ag_07
AG
Now here's the off-day argument we were looking for!

Keuchel's beard...Legit man card punching symbol of facial hair perfection or attention whooaring facial pubes he's contractually obligated to keep.
DVC2010
AG
Ag_07 said:

Keuchel's beard...Legit man card punching symbol of facial hair perfection or attention whooaring facial pubes he's contractually obligated to keep.

Because we've had too much serious baseball talk for an off day.
agproducer
AG
Ag_07 said:

Attention whooaring facial pubes he's contractually obligated to keep.
titanmaster_race
Didn't he say he'd shave it off if they won the world series last year?

So now he's both a #5 starter and a liar.
The Milkman
AG

Would just be so strange to see
Farmer1906
AG
He didn't say when.
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

He didn't say when.
I'm surprised he's not taking more heat for crawfishing on this.
Furlock Bones
AG
PSully97 said:

It's funny that when it comes to his performance, which isn't bad, everyone rips him... but when it comes to his beard, which isn't great, everyone rallies behind him.

The beard is phenomenal.
Furlock Bones
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Farmer1906 said:

He didn't say when.

Knowing how superstitious players and coaches are even in the stats age, you're surprised he's not taking heat for shaving a defining characteristic?
iBrad
AG
astros4545 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Y'all are right. He did make some comment on shifts.

It seems like Lance is on the verge of becoming the guy we've all been waiting for.

Lance needs to go to the bullpen

He will never be efficient enough or healthy enough to be a full time starter

Also, he will never learn a third pitch
Health has been and still is my biggest concern for Lance. Getting a full season under his belt without spending significant time on the DL is something I'd like to see him accomplish this year.
Aggie8587
AG
SIAP but another fun off-day topic:

Gerrit Cole will be on the bump tomorrow night facing his brother-in-law, Brandon Crawford (Cole married Brandon's sister Amy 2 years ago)

Crawford is 4 for 18 off Cole in his career, 2 for 6 with 2 Ks since they became family. Should be a fun matchup to watch tomorrow night!
Harry Dunne
Furlock Bones said:

Harry Dunne said:

Farmer1906 said:

He didn't say when.

Knowing how superstitious players and coaches are even in the stats age, you're surprised he's not taking heat for shaving a defining characteristic?

Yes, because usually people take heat for saying publicly on multiple occasions they are going to do something and then not doing it.

Is being totally full of **** and blaming it on superstition one of those unwritten baseball rules, like not bunting late in a perfect game?
titanmaster_race
Aggie8587 said:

Gerrit Cole will be on the bump tomorrow night facing his brother-in-law, Brandon Crawford (Cole married Brandon's sister Amy 2 years ago)

Crawford is 4 for 18 off Cole in his career, 2 for 6 with 2 Ks since they became family. Should be a fun matchup to watch tomorrow night!

You have to bean the guy who's banging your sister, right? Let him know you won't stand for that. Send a message.
DVC2010
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Aggie8587 said:

You have to bean the guy who's banging your sister, right? Let him know you won't stand for that. Send a message.

I think you have that backwards.
Mr.Ackar07
titanmaster_race said:

Aggie8587 said:

I don't think Crawford is in a position to bean Cole for Cole banging Crawford's sister...
Furlock Bones
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Furlock Bones said:

Harry Dunne said:

Farmer1906 said:

He didn't say when.

Yes, because usually people take heat for saying publicly on multiple occasions they are going to do something and then not doing it.

Is being totally full of **** and blaming it on superstition one of those unwritten baseball rules, like not bunting late in a perfect game?

Wow. You're taking this personal.
Prosperdick
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

titanmaster_race said:

Aggie8587 said:

I don't think Crawford is in a position to bean Cole for Cole banging Crawford's sister...

Is Branford from Alabama?
titanmaster_race
Whoops. In my defense, it's been a long day.

Here's some Kate as recompense.

Harry Dunne
Furlock Bones said:

Harry Dunne said:

Furlock Bones said:

Harry Dunne said:

Farmer1906 said:

He didn't say when.

Wow. You're taking this personal.
I'm 100% kidding. Just trying to add to the off day. He can grow it to his knees as long as he pitches well.

I did read today that he has endorsements that depend on it.
Eso si, Que es
I was expecting JV to stay on normal rest followed by Cole, Uncle Charle, DK, LMJ for the foreseeable future.

Extra day for JV due to his last outing CG or just want to get Cole on mound quicker due to his longer layoff?
McInnis
AG
One week ago the Angels beat the Astros to move percentage points ahead of the Astros. Now they are in third place, 3.5 games out, and their closer, Kenyan Middleton is out for the season.
CSWendt
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

I was expecting JV to stay on normal rest followed by Cole, Uncle Charle, DK, LMJ for the foreseeable future.

Extra day for JV due to his last outing CG or just want to get Cole on mound quicker due to his longer layoff?

Nobody has been switched around. Cole has always followed McCullers
NotGibbs

zgood10
Hulla Baller
AG
Best off day ever!
Mr.Bond
AG

Yup
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Mr.Bond
AG
Hard to believe Jon is only 26 years old
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Agnzona
Have there been any baby bump Kate pics yet?
Silent For Too Long
Ag_07 said:

Astros Rotation Could Rank Among Best Ever

Quote:

They have the best strikeout rate (30.1 percent), the lowest average against (.189), the lowest slugging against (.316), and they've done it all while throwing the most innings (308). They've been so good that their .188/.253/.316 line against basically means that every hitter against them turns into Michael A. Taylor, who's hitting .185/.255/.305.

Even better, think about it this way: The entire Astros rotation is striking hitters out like Luis Severino (30.8 percent), allowing the same average as Chris Sale (.188) and limiting slugging like Max Scherzer (.319). That is, of course, ridiculous.

Man there are some salty fans in that comments section.
Ag_07
AG
Agnzona said:

Have there been any baby bump Kate pics yet?

Huh?!?!?
First Page Last Page
Page 278 of 1260

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.