***** Official Houston Astros 2018 Season Thread *****

3,179,725 Views | 44067 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dshedd41
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bobinator said:

Good win men, I wasn't sure y'all had it in you when I had to go to meetings all afternoon, but you surprised me.

We try our level-headed best! We're a scrappy bunch!
irish pete ag06
AG
R-Dog said:

ClickClack said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Has anyone ever talked to anyone in the know or gotten an explanation as to why AT&T Sports is not phocking available on a streaming service. I use Playstation Vue and MLB.TV with a DNS workaround to watch the Astros, but I have had lots of folks in my area who are older or casual fans who root for Rangers and Astros ask me how I watch them. Cord cutting is growing exponentially, especially with the younger crowds and the funnest team to watch in baseball is not available.

AT&T has a streaming platform (DirectvNOW) and it's not even available there! WTF.

Meanwhile the Rangers and Fox have been available for 2 seasons. Just irks me, man.

Agreed it's unacceptable how difficult they make it at times. It's 2018 get with it.
Not sure if this was mentioned previously, but there is a new AT&T Sportsnet app for the phone that works...I have already watched parts of a couple of games on it. As long as you have it in your cable package, you can stream it that way. I had no idea until I just stumbled across it.

I'm talking about att sports net not being a part of sling, vue, direct now, Hulu live, or youtubetv.
BowSowy
AG
This'll go against most of y'all, but I'd rather see Giles in these high pressure situations early on when the games are less important. Either he does well and gains confidence for when you really need him or he does poorly and you learn sooner that you need a replacement.

That said, I'm not going to complain too much, especially when Peacock just slammed that door closed
YellAg2004
AG
R-Dog said:

ClickClack said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Has anyone ever talked to anyone in the know or gotten an explanation as to why AT&T Sports is not phocking available on a streaming service. I use Playstation Vue and MLB.TV with a DNS workaround to watch the Astros, but I have had lots of folks in my area who are older or casual fans who root for Rangers and Astros ask me how I watch them. Cord cutting is growing exponentially, especially with the younger crowds and the funnest team to watch in baseball is not available.

AT&T has a streaming platform (DirectvNOW) and it's not even available there! WTF.

Meanwhile the Rangers and Fox have been available for 2 seasons. Just irks me, man.

Agreed it's unacceptable how difficult they make it at times. It's 2018 get with it.
Not sure if this was mentioned previously, but there is a new AT&T Sportsnet app for the phone that works...I have already watched parts of a couple of games on it. As long as you have it in your cable package, you can stream it that way. I had no idea until I just stumbled across it.

It doesn't list Comcast/Xfinity as a login option.
BowSowy
AG
I've switched to using streams found on reddit for the games this year. I figure between all the merch I've purchased and the games I go to, they're making more from me than the average fan.
Beau Holder
AG
Reddit is a godsend
AgDoc03
AG
Anyone else reminded of the Game 5 winner on Bregman's go ahead hit today? Takes a low outside pitch and punches it into left field with Fisher tearing around the bases to score the winning run.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Prosperdick
AG
AgDoc03 said:

Anyone else reminded of the Game 5 winner on Bregman's go ahead hit today? Takes a low outside pitch and punches it into left field with Fisher tearing around the bases to score the winning run.
I believe Blum or Kalas mentioned it...
W
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

What did y'all think of Ohtanis performance last night?

3-4 with a HR and 3 rbis
what crossed my mind is how difficult it will be to make the American League all-star team in the outfield...starter or reserve with Ohtani and Stanton in the junior circuit now (and Trout healthy)
AstroAggie15
AG
W said:

AstroAggie15 said:

3-4 with a HR and 3 rbis
what crossed my mind is how difficult it will be to make the American League all-star team in the outfield...starter or reserve with Ohtani and Stanton in the junior circuit now (and Trout healthy)

And he homered again today to center
spadilly
S
Here's the thing that hit me today about the rotation...I was looking at probable pitchers for this upcoming series, and for the first time in my life, I realized it doesn't matter who's pitching for us. All five starters are worth seeing and make me excited. #NeverSettle
McInnis
AG
Quote:

I hope this is the new normal after watching it be successful in the playoffs. I'm so tired of seeing a guy mow through the 7th and/or 8th innings only to be yanked robotically for the "closer". Get rid of the ridiculous "defined roles," and use Giles just as you would any other bullpen arm.

Brian Kenney, in his book "Ahead of the Curve" argues for this, and maintains that the game will evolve to that. He makes the point that the save is a useless statistic, but it's in the way of keeping the closer's role so narrowly defined as it currently is.

Look at what Peacock did in WS game 3, and what Morton did in game 7. Can you imagine pulling them in the 9th inning?
bearkatag15
AG
Not that the Padres were that much of a threat, but one of their only decent batters just got put on the DL today

https://www.mlb.com/news/padres-wil-myers-injured-placed-on-dl/c-270834234
irish pete ag06
AG
Pretty sure I'm gonna call att sports tomorrow and see if I can get a reasonable explanation about why they aren't on streaming platforms.
Ag_07
AG
Let us know what they say.

It's the reason I haven't cut the cord.
ClickClack
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Pretty sure I'm gonna call att sports tomorrow and see if I can get a reasonable explanation about why they aren't on streaming platforms.

Good luck getting an answer from that hourly worker
E
AG
ClickClack said:

irish pete ag06 said:

gougler08
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Do they actually answer questions these days? Diretcv now was impossible to actually get anyone that knew an answer when it was first rolling out (but maybe it's better now)
Prosperdick
AG
My observation of today's game...we got a LOT of called strikes that were actually balls. Could it be that we are actually getting some respect from the umpiring crews now that we've made it? A guy can hope but we really got a lot of calls today and I'm DEFINITELY not complaining.
agproducer
AG
I'm telling y'all:. You can stream without ATT. MLB.tv + Roku + Smart DNS = Astros. After making the switch, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

On the go, the Reddit streams work.
irish pete ag06
AG
agproducer said:

I'm telling y'all:. You can stream without ATT. MLB.tv + Roku + Smart DNS = Astros. After making the switch, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Bro. I already do this.

I'm pissed that our team is not available for how tons of younger people consume media. Especially after they've won the damn world series. The Astros are 1 of about 6 teams not available on streaming platforms.
irish pete ag06
AG
ClickClack said:

irish pete ag06 said:

This is true. Oh well, still gonna do it. I'll keep asking for the manager. Haha.
agproducer
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

agproducer said:

Bro. I already do this.

I'm pissed that our team is not available for how tons of younger people consume media. Especially after they've won the damn world series. The Astros are 1 of about 6 teams not available on streaming platforms.

I agree with you, and btw, apparently I cannot read.
agsquirrel97
AG
The Astros offseason thread was 3,000 posts versus Rangers offseason thread of 1,000 posts.

The Astros 2018 season thread is 1,500 posts versus Rangers 2018 season thread of 500 posts.

The season head to head record is 3:1

n_touch
Quote:

The Astros offseason thread was 3,000 posts versus Rangers offseason thread of 1,000 posts.

The Astros 2018 season thread is 1,500 posts versus Rangers 2018 season thread of 500 posts.

That should be moved to the Q thread so it can be broken down to it real meaning
titanmaster_race
friscodick said:

My observation of today's game...we got a LOT of called strikes that were actually balls. Could it be that we are actually getting some respect from the umpiring crews now that we've made it? A guy can hope but we really got a lot of calls today and I'm DEFINITELY not complaining.

I think you're reading too much into it. Umps gonna Ump.
Beau Holder
AG
n_touch said:

Quote:

That should be moved to the Q thread so it can be broken down to it real meaning

No runs.

Why?

Look closer.

Question everything.

3-1.

"Oh, the Rangers are a front for Satanists! It all makes sense now!"
ClickClack
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

ClickClack said:

irish pete ag06 said:

This is true. Oh well, still gonna do it. I'll keep asking for the manager. Haha.

I'm with you. Good luck.
gougler08
AG
titanmaster_race said:

friscodick said:

Robot umps within 5 years
Frok
AG
Ohtani off to go good start in Anaheim. Competition could be a little tougher within the division this year.
JDUB08AG
AG
I'm still not sold on Ohtani sustaining success doing both.
titanmaster_race
gougler08 said:

titanmaster_race said:

friscodick said:

That's my dream
irish pete ag06
AG
titanmaster_race said:

gougler08 said:

titanmaster_race said:

friscodick said:

That's my dream

Same here.
tjack16
AG
W said:

AstroAggie15 said:

3-4 with a HR and 3 rbis
also a certain outfielder that made the all star game last year, as well as won World Series MVP
bobinator
AG
Yeah, major props to you for posting this because that's what we do now and it works great. But, it's still annoying to have to do it.
First Page Last Page
Page 44 of 1260

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.