***** Official Houston Astros 2018 Season Thread *****

3,179,714 Views | 44067 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dshedd41
Billy Baroo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brad F'ing Peacock
JABQ04
AG
Teddy Perkins
AG
W
AG
vintage Peacock this afternoon
zgood10
AG
Sweeeeep

6-1
Ag_07
AG
Peacock throwing straight filth
jetch17
CFTXAG10
AG
Gotta let him fly!
WES2006AG
AG
Peacock looked great today.
mwm
Ballgame!
W
AG
don't have to worry about Machado, Schoop, and company until the last week of September
ClickClack
AG
Peacock is a dirty mofo.
linkdude
AG
Machado might not still be with the Orioles, either.
Marvin
AG
Great series!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Beau Holder
AG
6-1
DVC2010
AG
W said:

vintage Peacock this afternoon

This is New and Improved Peacock. Vintage Peacock is not so good.
YellAg2004
AG
suburban cowboy
AG
Sweep
rosco511
AG
Peacock is the freaking man!
iBrad
AG

iBrad
AG
Give credit to Hinch for leaving Peacock in to close it. So many managers would have gone to their closer there just because.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
AgDoc03
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ClickClack
AG
iBrad said:

Give credit to Hinch for leaving Peacock in to close it. So many managers would have gone to their closer there just because.

"Vintage" Hinch would've too. He's learning.

Is there any doubt Gregerson would've blown that?
Frok
AG
JABQ04 said:

Peacock > Giles in save situations
Cen-Tex
AG
Frok said:

agree
bobinator
AG
Good win men, I wasn't sure y'all had it in you when I had to go to meetings all afternoon, but you surprised me.
YellAg2004
AG
iBrad said:

I hope this is the new normal after watching it be successful in the playoffs. I'm so tired of seeing a guy mow through the 7th and/or 8th innings only to be yanked robotically for the "closer". Get rid of the ridiculous "defined roles," and use Giles just as you would any other bullpen arm.
irish pete ag06
AG
YellAg2004 said:

iBrad said:

I hope this is the new normal after watching it be successful in the playoffs. I'm so tired of seeing a guy mow through the 7th and/or 8th innings only to be yanked robotically for the "closer". Get rid of the ridiculous "defined roles," and use Giles just as you would any other bullpen arm.
dshedd41
S
Great job!
Gig’em Aggies!
Prosperdick
AG
YellAg2004 said:

iBrad said:

Absolutely...and if any team would go against conventional wisdom, it's this one. It doesn't hurt that our "closer" seems to get a case of the yips at least once every few outings (sometimes it costs us, many times it doesn't, especially during the regular season last year).

In that nice article on Hinch he talked about his first year managing and doing something similar with a reliever and was so proud of himself but the media didn't notice and they had such an awful year it didn't matter.

Don't worry AJ....WE NOTICE!!!
JJxvi
AG
So do yall think the numbers agreed with that squeeze bunt?
NotGibbs
Who is gonna make the gif?

R-Dog
AG
ClickClack said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Has anyone ever talked to anyone in the know or gotten an explanation as to why AT&T Sports is not phocking available on a streaming service. I use Playstation Vue and MLB.TV with a DNS workaround to watch the Astros, but I have had lots of folks in my area who are older or casual fans who root for Rangers and Astros ask me how I watch them. Cord cutting is growing exponentially, especially with the younger crowds and the funnest team to watch in baseball is not available.

AT&T has a streaming platform (DirectvNOW) and it's not even available there! WTF.

Meanwhile the Rangers and Fox have been available for 2 seasons. Just irks me, man.

Agreed it's unacceptable how difficult they make it at times. It's 2018 get with it.
Not sure if this was mentioned previously, but there is a new AT&T Sportsnet app for the phone that works...I have already watched parts of a couple of games on it. As long as you have it in your cable package, you can stream it that way. I had no idea until I just stumbled across it.

Ag_07
AG
Cen-Tex said:

Frok said:

agree

How do you know? We haven't had a save situation yet this year.

And I'm not saying I necessarily disagree. Just saying it's early to make this assessment.
First Page Last Page
Page 43 of 1260

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.