***** Official Houston Astros 2018 Season Thread *****

3,179,447 Views | 44067 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dshedd41
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Milkman said:

irish pete ag06 said:

I felt like Tyler White was on the verge of being a respectable bench/platoon bat last year. Really thought he would break camp with the Astros until JD Davis had a great spring.
I forgot about him. Lump him in with those others.

Tyler White
JD Davis
AJ Reed
Derek Fisher (the best of the bunch, but really only for speed on the bases)
add Tony Kemp to that one as well
Farmer1906
AG
W said:

Keuchel is the weak link in the rotation
Are we doing this after 2 starts?

The defense put him in a bad spot and made him throw extra pitches. He very well could still be throwing with a 1-0 lead without losing the ball in the sun and a bad throw by Marwin.

bullard21k
AG
Are most people bagging on Dallas watching the game or just listening watching the scoreboard?

I'm legit asking because the guy has had some awful breaks today. Even with all the traffic it should be 0 runs given up.

A infield fly altuve loses it in the clouds goes down as a earned run. A swinging bunt up the third base line and a dink bloop to RF both in the first.

2 errors and some other shoddy defense
TREX01
Fisher is light years better than White Davis or Reed. None of those three should be on this roster.
Farmer1906
AG
You're right. Because it should be TED.
Ag_07
AG
Dallas did walk a fair share today. He was grinding though. Not as bad as others are making it out to be.

And book it now...Rondon will end the regular season as the team's closer.
ClickClack
AG
bullard21k said:

Are most people bagging on Dallas watching the game or just listening watching the scoreboard?

I'm legit asking because the guy has had some awful breaks today. Even with all the traffic it should be 0 runs given up.

A infield fly altuve loses it in the clouds goes down as a earned run. A swinging bunt up the third base line and a dink bloop to RF both in the first.

I'm watching and it looked like he was lacking command. I only saw his last couple innings though. His stats for the day ended up being fine. He just didn't look as sharp as usual.
BowSowy
AG
Hoping we win every Keuchel game on a comeback 10-9 type score? Get the **** outta here with that dumb bull*****

Already ready to give up on a guy with fewer than 100 big league PAs (Davis) or fewer than 160 PAs (Fisher)? Man, there are some dumb people on this thread today.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Nice execution there. Bunts that get any kind of air usually scare me, but that one worked out well.
3B Paul 97
AG
why didn't we give Reddick his ring a week ago? He has been on fire since he got it. #TexAgsOverreaction
W
AG
need a clutch job from Jake
JJxvi
AG
Interesting bunt in that situation
bullard21k
AG
ClickClack said:

bullard21k said:

I'm watching and it looked like he was lacking command. I only saw his last couple innings though. His stats for the day ended up being fine. He just didn't look as sharp as usual.

Command was a little shaky. He also has that habit of nibbling way too much which was also the case.

I was just talking about all the bloops and dinks and errors he had behind him.
EagleAg19
If our main problem is choosing whether our last bench spot goes to Fisher, Davis, White, Reed, or TED... I think we'll be alright.

And we're already *****ing about Keuchel?? Pleeease
JJxvi
AG
Keuchel brings whatever bad luck he gets on himself for not shaving his beard like he said he would.
titanmaster_race
Schoop can't leave town soon enough. Sheesh.
TREX01
There is no reason for Tucker to be on the current roster.
Marvin
AG
BowSowy said:

Hoping we win every Keuchel game on a comeback 10-9 type score? Get the **** outta here with that dumb bull*****

Already ready to give up on a guy with fewer than 100 big league PAs (Davis) or fewer than 160 PAs (Fisher)? Man, there are some dumb people on this thread today.

Awesome thing about message boards, fellow Aggie, is that everyone is entitled to their opinion. I admitted that it was entirely emotional because of his complaining last year. It's how I view him, and your personal insults won't change that. You don't have to like every player on your favorite team. Nor do you have to like every other fan of your favorite team.

I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Marvin
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Schoop can't leave town soon enough. Sheesh.

Right?! He's been squaring some balls up the past few games.
agproducer
AG
I'd like to see Fisher steal a bag here.
agproducer
AG
Springer just missed that one.
Ag_07
AG
O's lineup is so top heavy.

Machado, Schoop, Jones - That's a solid trio

Then it's just crap after that.
agproducer
AG
Ag_07 said:

Eh, Mancini isn't too bad.
W
AG
fantastic clutch hitting by Bregman
ClickClack
AG
Marvin said:

BowSowy said:

Awesome thing about message boards, fellow Aggie, is that everyone is entitled to their opinion. I admitted that it was entirely emotional because of his complaining last year. It's how I view him, and your personal insults won't change that. You don't have to like every player on your favorite team. Nor do you have to like every other fan of your favorite team.

You are entitled to your opinion, but wishing failure on one of our top pitchers is probably not gonna go over well on this thread. Just a hunch.
Marvin
AG
Ag_07 said:

MLB Radio was talking about this very subject earlier today. They have some weapons- will they build around them or sell them off?
zgood10
AG
Boom shakalakaaaa
titanmaster_race
BREGGIE SMALLS
Marvin
AG
Understandable.
Kashchei
AG
Small ball
EagleAg19
it's my personal opinion that yours sux
Marvin
AG
EagleAg19 said:

it's my personal opinion that yours sux

Kindly noted!

(and yet it still won't change... irrational as it might be, haha!)
Farmer1906
AG
Sure there is if he's the best player, which I believe he is. The reason is to build the best roster possible and get him the most big league experience possible before another shot at the title.

Now, I fully understand the reasoning for holding off, but that doesn't change my opinion of wanting to see him now.

Mathguy64
AG
ESPN gamecast shows that last strike outside the LH batters box
W
AG
here's Schoop...Peacock needs 1 more out
First Page Last Page
Page 42 of 1260

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.