***** Official Houston Astros 2018 Season Thread *****

3,179,268 Views | 44067 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dshedd41
tremble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bleh
ClickClack
AG
Keuchel is struggling with his location
ClickClack
AG
Yeah can we stop with the JD Davis experiment for a bit
Hulla Baller
AG
Keuchel needs to get his **** together already. He is not looking sharp.
Ag_07
AG
Dallas at 82 pitches through 3.2

4 walks on all 3-2 pitches
AstroAggie15
AG
Bad Keuchel makes me sad
CSWendt
AG
So far our defense has been really good at the extraordinary plays, but struggled at routine ones that have lead to runs
Marvin
AG
I lost my fandom over Keuchel when he ran his mouth at the trade deadline last year. Him sucking it up so far, and in his contract year, is not hurting my feelings. I hope every game he pitches this year is a 10-9 comeback win for the Astros, and then let him express his disappointment with management in some other town.

I admit that's not an overly logical opinion as an Astros fan, but his whiny little ***** attitude last year irk me to this day.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
W
AG
Keuchel is the weak link in the rotation
Marvin
AG
Am I wrong, or do the Astros seem to strike out WAY more in the early going than they did last year? Seems like a flashback to 2-3 years ago.
ClickClack
AG
RISP with no outs. Two strikeouts and a foul pop out. Beautiful.
Ag_07
AG
I think you're just dwelling on this game.

I haven't noticed them striking out a lot so far. Seems to me like they're having a lot of those good long grinding ABs we saw so much of last year.
ClickClack
AG
Keuchel missing high is not good. We gonna see a DL stint soon..?
Marvin
AG
Ag_07 said:

I think you're just dwelling on this game.

I haven't noticed them striking out a lot so far. Seems to me like they're having a lot of those good long grinding ABs we saw so much of last year.

Just checked. They averaged 6.7 K's per game last year. They're running about 2K's per game higher this year. Small sample size, so probably too soon to be concerned.
The Milkman
AG
We are 3rd in the league right now for most Ks

But also 2nd in the league in runs scored
ClickClack
AG
Slick DP there. Needed it.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
The Milkman said:

We are 3rd in the league right now for most Ks

But also 2nd in the league in runs scored
1st in AL for runs scored... that is all that matters to me.
ClickClack
AG
Marwin didn't set his feet and rushed that throw for no reason. 2nd E this game for him?
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Marvin said:

Am I wrong, or do the Astros seem to strike out WAY more in the early going than they did last year? Seems like a flashback to 2-3 years ago.
This year isn't off to a great start, but it seems even worse because last year was extraordinary.

Strikeouts per game:
2012: 8.43
2013: 9.48
2014: 8.90
2015: 8.59
2016: 8.96
2017: 6.71
2018: 9.33
E
AG
ClickClack said:

Yeah can we stop with the JD Davis experiment for a bit

We will... once Yuli gets back
Mathguy64
AG
Fisher, Davis and Marwin are all over 30%K Getting Yuli back every day will lower the rate. He was 11% K all of last year
ClickClack
AG
And Bregman *almost* threw that one away.

Keuchel mouthed "g**damn" while chuckling frustratingly about the fielding while he walked off the mound. That's what it looked like to me at least.
Marvin
AG
Half empty or half full?

In five innings, the Orioles have 5 hits, 4 walks, plus 2 Astros errors... and only have 2 runs on the board.
tjack16
AG
"bad keuchel" .... lol he's given up 2 runs in 5 innings. Calm down
The Milkman
AG
Like many others I've had enough of JD Davis. Even the limited exposure we saw of him last year was awful too.

So many of our fans seem to be really expecting that he and AJ Reed and Fisher will all be MLB caliber players. I frankly dont have any faith in any of those three
Ag_07
AG
Oh JD Davis...That was awesomely bad.

Just completely flails at it and walks off with head down.
Marvin
AG
The Milkman said:

Like many others I've had enough of JD Davis. Even the limited exposure we saw of him last year was awful too.

So many of our fans seem to be really expecting that he and AJ Reed and Fisher will all be MLB caliber players. I frankly dont have any faith in any of those three

Fisher has speed, which helps keep him out of that AAAA group, in my opinion.
Hulla Baller
AG
Those at bats were terrible.
irish pete ag06
AG
Has anyone ever talked to anyone in the know or gotten an explanation as to why AT&T Sports is not phocking available on a streaming service. I use Playstation Vue and MLB.TV with a DNS workaround to watch the Astros, but I have had lots of folks in my area who are older or casual fans who root for Rangers and Astros ask me how I watch them. Cord cutting is growing exponentially, especially with the younger crowds and the funnest team to watch in baseball is not available.

AT&T has a streaming platform (DirectvNOW) and it's not even available there! WTF.

Meanwhile the Rangers and Fox have been available for 2 seasons. Just irks me, man.
Marvin
AG
I blinked and the half-inning was over, haha.

PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Well we have a great team still but hey we cannot win them all. BUT we have plenty of time to come back and win this one.
irish pete ag06
AG
I felt like Tyler White was on the verge of being a respectable bench/platoon bat last year. Really thought he would break camp with the Astros until JD Davis had a great spring.
Frok
AG
We will win this game
ClickClack
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Has anyone ever talked to anyone in the know or gotten an explanation as to why AT&T Sports is not phocking available on a streaming service. I use Playstation Vue and MLB.TV with a DNS workaround to watch the Astros, but I have had lots of folks in my area who are older or casual fans who root for Rangers and Astros ask me how I watch them. Cord cutting is growing exponentially, especially with the younger crowds and the funnest team to watch in baseball is not available.

AT&T has a streaming platform (DirectvNOW) and it's not even available there! WTF.

Meanwhile the Rangers and Fox have been available for 2 seasons. Just irks me, man.

Agreed it's unacceptable how difficult they make it at times. It's 2018 get with it.
The Milkman
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

I felt like Tyler White was on the verge of being a respectable bench/platoon bat last year. Really thought he would break camp with the Astros until JD Davis had a great spring.
I forgot about him. Lump him in with those others.

Tyler White
JD Davis
AJ Reed
Derek Fisher (the best of the bunch, but really only for speed on the bases)
First Page Last Page
Page 41 of 1260

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.