*****Official Texas Rangers 2018 Season Thread*****

337,985 Views | 4317 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mr Gigem
mhayden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I imagine the grass/no-grass debate comes down to the amount of big weekend concerts they want/hope to do.
Mr Gigem
AG
Season ticket holders will be satisfied with the price increase going into 2020
TXAggie2011
AG
DallasAg 94. said:

I'm seeing Tom Hicks flashes right before me. Hicks did silly things like taking the parking and separating it from the team, showing lower revenue, in order to justify lower payroll.
That's not why the parking was "separate" before the bankruptcy (edit- or after, for that matter), if it makes you feel better.
DallasAg 94
AccidentProne said:

Season ticket holders will be satisfied with the price increase going into 2020
We can always count on you.
Schall 02
AG
Start of interviews:

https://www.lonestarball.com/2018/10/11/17966244/texas-rangers-interview-three-manager-candidates-per-reports
gomerschlep
AG
Yeah, none of those candidates move the needle for me. At all.
94chem
Beltre for manager, Choo for bench coach, Colon for pitching coach, and Chirinos for batting coach.
Schall 02
AG
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texas-rangers/rangers/2018/10/12/sources-rangers-interviewing-former-yankees-manager-joe-girardi#_ga=2.260838216.439522334.1539318626-1276148424.1494030793
94chem
Girardi's first questions to management: "We get to buy whomever we want, right? Which MLB club is our de facto minor league team?"
Mr Gigem
AG
I like Girardi, but doesn't fit the "connects with younger players" mold

His daughter goes to TCU though
alvtimes
Wait .... did I just read season ticket holders will be satisfied with price increase after a 95 loss season?????
KT 90
AG
Alvarado Times said:

Wait .... did I just read season ticket holders will be satisfied with price increase after a 95 loss season?????

This "Season ticket holders will be satisfied with the price increase going into 2020"?

Going into 2020 would be going into the new stadium. Next year will are still in the current stadium. Prices are definitely going up for the new digs, regardless of the on the field results.
cmiller00
AG

Friend heard CFO of Rangers at a presentation saying grass will be difficult because playing surface is two stories below ground level plus want to be concert venue.
Mozart Paintings
AG
I saw where diamondbacks are switching to turf next year.
Mr Gigem
AG
I would be shocked if it wasn't turf. It would be much more cost effective
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's crazy to me that the price tag on this thing is as much as JerryWorld, Also, the $191MM TBIA would cost just over $300MM in today's todays dollars. So even inflation adjusted, they are spending 4X
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Baseball on turf is blasphemy.
Mr Gigem
AG
Just saw Michael Young in the lobby signing some papers
gomerschlep
AG
AccidentProne said:

Just saw Michael Young in the lobby signing some papers
MSFC Aggie
AG
New hitting coach?
Joe Cole
How many concert venues do we need ?

Fenway hosts plenty of summer concerts on their grass. I realize easier to take grass out of the equation, but it would be disappointing if they go turf
KT 90
AG
MSFC Aggie said:

New hitting coach?

Did anybody notice that the Cubs signed Iapoce today as their hitting coach?

KT 90
AG
Bell and Baldelli interview for Rangers Manager opening. That would be David Bell, former Ranger Buddy's son.
[url=https://www.mlb.com/news/rangers-interview-bell-baldelli-for-manager/c-297883804][/url]
https://www.mlb.com/news/rangers-interview-bell-baldelli-for-manager/c-297883804

94chem
Nice. Keep Boo and Beltre, then hire Toby Harrah, Michael Young and Dean Palmer.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Dean Palmer was my favorite player growing up.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Pete Incavalgia in charge of concessions?
Juan Gonzalez in charge of rehab\medicine cabinet?
Kenny Rogers in charge of camera positions in new stadium?

KT 90
AG

PatAg
AG

Don't I remember hearing something like this the past few years, along with numerous other things
PatAg
AG
I'm also not really sure I care. Is that really cheating? It's not like doctoring baseballs to make your pitchers perform better.
jtstanley4621
AG
PatAg said:

I'm also not really sure I care. Is that really cheating? It's not like doctoring baseballs to make your pitchers perform better.
Yeah not really sure what to make of that/what specifically the benefit of doing that is. What do you gain from that tape that you wouldn't see from just game/film study of a pitcher? No idea.
94chem
Ryno01 said:

Pete Incavalgia in charge of concessions?
Juan Gonzalez in charge of rehab\medicine cabinet?
Kenny Rogers in charge of camera positions in new stadium?

My theme was that the Rangers have had 3 of the top 25 3rd basemen of all time. You digress...
Quincey P. Morris
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

PatAg said:

Yeah not really sure what to make of that/what specifically the benefit of doing that is. What do you gain from that tape that you wouldn't see from just game/film study of a pitcher? No idea.
It's not roids or corked bats, but having a player watching signs from the dugout or picking up pitches from second is one thing. Having an employee filming the other team's dugout just seems kinda bush league. Even moreso from the captains of "we do everything the right way". If they weren't so sanctimonious about everything it probably wouldn't be as big a deal.
mhayden
jtstanley4621 said:

PatAg said:

The benefit of stealing signs?

As a percentage increase in win probability, it likely increases your chances more than any doctoring of baseballs.

And when now 3 teams have filed complaints about it (and a 4th team now involved) there's a pretty good chance it's been happening.

All that being said -- I think most fans (myself included) don't have much of a problem with that aspect of the game even if it is against the rules. If direction needs to come from the dugout in the form of signs, then those giving them should do a better job of making sure they are kept secret.
DannyDuberstein
AG
If a coach/player is stealing them from the dugout, field, or bullpen without the use of technology, that's one thing. When any tech is being used (phones, binoculars, cameras, etc), other organization personnel are doing it, or it's being done from a location that you don't find uniformed players or coaches, that is dirty as hell.
Schall 02
AG
1. Kershaw wins WS with LA.
2. Kershaw opts out.
3. Rangers bring him home.
4. Joy ensues.
First Page Last Page
Page 122 of 124

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.