**2018 Astros/Rangers Trash Talking Thread**

56,910 Views | 561 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Farmer1906
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I bet the players and all the many fans at this game are thankful the rangers decided to build an outdoor stadium in Texas.
gigem1223
At least 20k fools there today.
ClickClack
AG
Panama Red
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Silver boot update

4-4

I can't believe some Astros fans thought the silver boot race would be over by May or June. Our team is dog chit this year, but we've always played pretty well against the Astros.

I don't see it being decided until July.

Can we get an update on this?

Beileb it.
irish pete ag06
AG
Arlington
Mathguy64
AG
June 10. He meant June 10
agsquirrel97
AG
mike_ags_fan12

Haha Rangers don't know how to baseball
BowSowy
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Silver boot update

4-4

Ican't believe some Astros fans thought the silver boot race would be over by May or June. Our team is dog chit this year, but we've always played pretty well against the Astros.

It's June 10th and the silver boot has been decided
Farmer1906
AG
Who gives a **** about some silly World Series? We're the back to back (to back?) Silver Boot champions.
agsquirrel97
AG
titanmaster_race
Panama Red said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Silver boot update

4-4

I can't believe some Astros fans thought the silver boot race would be over by May or June. Our team is dog chit this year, but we've always played pretty well against the Astros.

Can we get an update on this?

Beileb it.
titanmaster_race
If you can get an std from looking at a picture, I think I just did.
shano0603
AG
titanmaster_race said:

If you can get an std from looking at a picture, I think I just did.

Wouldn't be your first
Buck Compton
AG
Nothing like a series against the hapless rangers to start a little winning streak.
Ag_07
AG
Ranger suck and Bannister is a tool
Mathguy64
AG
So just to recap, the Arlingtonians give up the winning run with a walk to lead off the 9th, a WP, a sac fly, followed by a balk on what was strike 3 to end the inning.

That's spectacular. I mean that's a unique way to lose a game.
_lefraud_
AG
It wasn't strike 3, the first base umpires said he did not go on the check swing on appeal.

Which makes the balk ruling even more ridiculous...after all that THEN they call a balk. He balked, but it was called WAY after the action.
gigem1223
Like I said on our thread, If there's a way to lose they'll find it. Congrats on another 1 run win.
Ag_07
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Which makes the balk ruling even more ridiculous...after all that THEN they call a balk. He balked, but it was called WAY after the action.

Serious question here...How was that balk call any different than the umps coming together and discussing if it was a foul ball or a HPB call or any other of the numerous calls the confer on and change.

Happens all the time
Mathguy64
AG
gigem1223 said:

Like I said on our thread, If there's a way to lose they'll find it. Congrats on another 1 run win.

We appreciate you teaching us how to win them.
_lefraud_
AG
Well for starters none of the FOUR umpires saw it to "question" it. Whereas on other players, there's at least a reason to come together. Since they all missed it live in this case, there would be no reason to come together.

Also, I'm not sure, but I don't think a balk can be challenged (maybe it can be) like other judgment plays throughout the game. Had just 1 of the 4 umps seen it live, then it would be a non issue.
gigem1223
mathguy86 said:

gigem1223 said:

You're welcome. Now run along and ***** some more about how lucky the M's are.
irish pete ag06
AG
gigem1223 said:

mathguy86 said:

gigem1223 said:

Big difference is that while yes that was a 1-run win, we do it with the best run differential by a mile.
Farmer1906
AG
gigem1223 said:

mathguy86 said:

gigem1223 said:

All the luck in the world won't help you or them. We're better. We're Daddy. It is how it is. Get used to it, bucko.
BowSowy
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Well for starters none of the FOUR umpires saw it to "question" it. Whereas on other players, there's at least a reason to come together. Since they all missed it live in this case, there would be no reason to come together.

Also, I'm not sure, but I don't think a balk can be challenged (maybe it can be) like other judgment plays throughout the game. Had just 1 of the 4 umps seen it live, then it would be a non issue.

Your saltiness is awesome
Farmer1906
AG
_lefraud_ said:

They actually all saw it, but thanks for playing.
_lefraud_
AG
Yea, cause the umps are gonna come out and admit that they **** bed. Come on man.

That's like JR Smith trying to tell everyone he knew what the score was last week in Game 1...
BowSowy
AG
Y'all lost. Y'all were swept at home. Y'all lost the season series. You can ***** about the initial call all you want but it doesn't matter because they changed it to the correct call...and y'all lost. Buck up little champion.
3B Paul 97
AG
3B Paul 97 said:

BMX Bandit said:

Silver boot ends in July this year

It will be over well before that.

Gonna bump my own response because it's true.
_lefraud_
AG
BowSowy said:

Y'all lost. Y'all were swept at home. Y'all lost the season series. You can ***** about the initial call all you want but it doesn't matter because they changed it to the correct call...and y'all lost. Buck up little champion.

For a second there I had forgotten that I was trying to have a rational conversation, but thanks for reminding me that the astro fan base is incapable of having a rational discussion without it ending like this.

Thanks!
titanmaster_race
Over-generalize much?
Farmer1906
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Yea, cause the umps are gonna come out and admit that they **** bed. Come on man.

That's like JR Smith trying to tell everyone he knew what the score was last week in Game 1...
That is a tasty melt.
Ag_07
AG
BowSowy said:

Y'all lost. Y'all were swept at home. Y'all lost the season series. You can ***** about the initial call all you want but it doesn't matter because they changed it to the correct call...and y'all lost. Buck up little champion cellar dweller.

FIFY

They aren't the champions of shlt.
AustinCountyAg
You're a funny guy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.