**2018 Astros/Rangers Trash Talking Thread**

56,496 Views | 561 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Farmer1906
AstroAggie15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Astros
100 loss seasons: 3
World Series Titles: 1

Rangers:
100 loss seasons: 6
World Series Titles: 0

Hmmm.....
Farmer1906
AG
Hopefully, this keeps the riff-raff off the world champions offseason & in season threads.
Ryan34
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

Astros
World Series Titles: 1

Rangers:
World Series Titles: 0

Hmmm.....
FIFY
ChipFTAC01
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Hopefully this keeps the rift raft off the world champions offseason & in season threads.

I'm sorry, but Rangers fans don't really care about your torn dinghy.
Farmer1906
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Hopefully this keeps the rift raft off the world champions offseason & in season threads.

I'm sorry, but Rangers fans don't really care about your torn dinghy.
Bet yall care about this?

This is as close as you're going to get.
Clavell
AG
I'm thinking this thread will not be very long. I mean what's the point? Two teams have to be somewhat equal for it to be interesting.

"Facts no longer exist. Everything is a "point of view" now."
Daniel Suarez's 2011 "Freedom"
Farmer1906
AG
Clavell said:

I'm thinking this thread will not be very long. I mean what's the point? Two teams have to be somewhat equal for it to be interesting.
Pretty much this. Any time Arlington get mouthy you point at the trophy or the soon to be large gap in standings. Anything other than that is pointless. We're still Daddy. Maybe we lose to Cleveland or Chicago in the postseason and it'll give Arlington fans someone else to dick ride. Guess we will have to wait for Oct for that.
DVC2010
AG
Clavell said:

They weren't terribly equal last year, but we still had a trash talk thread.
Farmer1906
AG
DVC2010 said:

Clavell said:

They were expected to be.
Carlo4
AG
Clavell said:

This thread will be just fine. Something about the past not mattering once the new season starts blah blah BS BS.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Interesting since you boys created this thread because some of you just couldn't help but jump on the Rangers thread and didn't want the opposite to happen.
Schrute
Oh, the memories......

Mathguy64
AG
DVC2010 said:

Clavell said:

And it got 2 way traffic for about 6 weeks. By mid May one side had already given up.
Brick Tamland
My Rangers fan wife just bought me (an Astros fan) club seats in Arlington in June (night game) for my birthday to see the Stros kick some ass again!
jkag89
What is the reason for starting the '18 trash talkin' thread so early? I mean pitchers & catchers haven't even reported yet.
TXAggie2011
AG
jkag89 said:

What is the reason for starting the '18 trash talkin' thread so early? I mean pitchers & catchers haven't even reported yet.
Pissing match season never stops.
Mr Gigem
AG
Mr Gigem
AG
jkag89 said:

Because it's 2018 and we're trash talkin'

Duh..you fuggin idiot
agproducer
AG
But don't forget, the Rangers have future Hall of Famer Roughned Odor! Things are looking up.
NotGibbs
You rangers fans have your calendars marked for free handjobs at the ballpark night?
jkag89
AccidentProne said:

jkag89 said:

Duh..you fuggin idiot

Fair enough, I was just wondering if something on one of the off-season threads riled things up earlier than usual. Never mind me, carry on.
gigem1223
jkag89 said:

AccidentProne said:

jkag89 said:

Duh..you fuggin idiot

Fair enough, I was just wondering if something on one of the off-season threads riled things up earlier than usual. Never mind me, carry on.

All you have to do is look at the last page of the Houston Astros thread. They can't help themselves from obsessing over how Ranger fans feel about their team. It's pathetic really.
astros4545
AG
agproducer said:

But don't forget, the Rangers have future Hall of Famer Roughned Odor! Things are looking up.

I think his younger brother can get the job done as well

Rougned Odor looks less like a rat face, compared to his brother Rougned Odor
jkag89
gigem1223 said:

jkag89 said:

AccidentProne said:

jkag89 said:

Duh..you fuggin idiot

All you have to do is look at the last page of the Houston Astros thread. They can't help themselves from obsessing over how Ranger fans feel about their team. It's pathetic really.
Er. . . um. . . I'm a "pathetic" Astros fan. I guess I could have just read the two off-season threads to see what is up before asking on this one but it seems that an Astros fan reading the Ranger off-season thread is somehow an indication of a desperate need for validation from Ranger fan. I wonder what a Ranger fan reading the Astros thread indicates?
Mr Gigem
AG
Do any of y'all have the time to go back and find the bet that I made with farmer1906 at some point last season?

Nvm I found it
https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/2845850/replies/49576859#49576859

Farmer1906, I'm still up for this wager if you are

astros4545
AG
AccidentProne said:

Do any of y'all have the time to go back and find the bet that I made with farmer1906 at some point last season?

Nvm I found it

Farmer1906
AG
AccidentProne said:

Nvm I found it

Quote:

I will bet you $100 right now the Rangers will be in the playoffs at least once within the next 5 years
You didn't accept.

Quote:

Send me 100 now and I'll send you 200 if they make the playoffs.

But you can still PayPal if you'd like to. The last bet on TA i participated in, the loser welched.
Mr Gigem
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AccidentProne said:

Nvm I found it

Quote:

I will bet you $100 right now the Rangers will be in the playoffs at least once within the next 5 years
You didn't accept.

Quote:

But you can still PayPal if you'd like to. The last bet on TA i participated in, the loser welched.

I don't need to prepay you $100. Just accept the deal and be a man of your word when the Rangers make the playoffs. And I'll do the same if they don't
Farmer1906
AG
AccidentProne said:

Farmer1906 said:

AccidentProne said:

Nvm I found it

Quote:

You didn't accept.

Quote:

I don't need to prepay you $100. Just accept the deal and be a man of your word when the Rangers make the playoffs. And I'll do the same if they don't

That is what they all say right before they disappear and change their handle.
Mr Gigem
AG
Is that why you changed your handle from aggie1906 to farmer1906?
Farmer1906
AG
Yeah I disgusted it well huh? No one had any idea at all. How could anyone figure it out.
NotGibbs
I think most people here would be pretty confident AP would pay up
BowSowy
AG
So what'll be the Ranger talking points this season?

• Tanked for three years which is terrible for the fans
  • Young players coming up for a contract
  • Usual expectation of players regressing

What else am I missing?
astros4545
AG
Carlos Gomez and George Springer are roughly equivalent players
AstroAggie15
AG
astros4545 said:

Carlos Gomez and George Springer are roughly equivalent players

Can't seem to find Carlos Gomez's World Series MVP award anywhere on the web

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.