If your team is a seller at the deadline...

5,189 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Farmer1906
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Not going to go round-and-round

Yeah, okay.
TXAggie2011
AG
Freddie Freeman is interesting. Love to have him on my roster but yep, certainly so much contract.

What would the Braves want for that?
TXAggie2011
AG
$78 says Royals don't win 78 games
Quincey P. Morris
AG
So Pete if the worst happens, who do you think the Astros let go?
Aggie1205
AG
Braves:

Brandon Phillips
Bartolo Colon
RA Dickey
Nick Markakis
Jim Johnson
Kurt Suzuki
Eric O'Flaherty
They would like to trade Matt Kemp but his contract probably doesn't allow.

In fact, the Braves will most likely be sellers and have been very active with trades. It wouldn't be out of the question for at least half of those guys to be gone.
irish pete ag06
AG
Lucky #007 said:

So Pete if the worst happens, who do you think the Astros let go?
Carlos Beltran and Luke Gregerson are UFA's in 2018, so I would say they would both for sure be goners. That would probably get the Astros a couple of Low A lottery tickets.

Outside of those 2, these are all free agents in 2019
  • Evan Gattis
  • Nori Aoki
  • Marwin Gonzalez
  • Dallas Keuchel
  • Tony Sipp

Of that list, I could see Evan Gattis moved... maybe even Nori Aoki.

All of that is very unlikely since 2017 World Series Champs and all.
Farmer1906
AG
MSFC Aggie said:

Quote:

Hamels & Darvish just may be what the Astros are looking for for our playoff push.
What do you think the Astros would have to give up for Hamels or Darvish?

I think the price tag is dropping. If the Astros can inflate Yu's ERA, it'll keep going down.
The Anchor
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Freddie Freeman is interesting. Love to have him on my roster but yep, certainly so much contract.

Kids have gotten in the way of watching much baseball these days. But, I wouldn't consider 4 years at $21 mil/year much for his ability. And he's still somewhat young (27).
John 14:6
TXAggie2011
AG
The Anchor said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Kids have gotten in the way of watching much baseball these days. But, I wouldn't consider 4 years at $21 mil/year much for his ability. And he's still somewhat young (27).
I think he's a very good player, he was off to a epic start...but I guess I just mean trading for a $100 million commitment is something you have to think a lot about.

In the case, of say, my Nationals, with $130+ million locked up for next season already...Freeman's contract takes us out of the free agent market this winter.
Farmer1906
AG
RetiredAg said:

So, let's just assume worst-case scenarios for your team and they completely fall apart and out of the race by the trade deadline. They've decided to become sellers. Who are your most tradeable assets? Not just who your best players are, but who would your team actually be willing to trade at the deadline?

As a Rangers fan, I'd rank them in this order:
Darvish - obvious, given his impending free agency
Lucroy - same as Darvish
Hamels - I would say it's unlikely they'd deal him, but w/ 2 years remaining on his contract, I'm sure they'd be willing for the right price
Bullpen pieces - no telling who this could be since the BP has been pretty sketchy so far, although Dyson is the main culprit.
Anyone you'd like to add?
Aggie1205
AG
Braves are still potential sellers and could also sit it out. Doubt they are buyers. Johnson, Garcia, Dickey, Phillips, and Markakis are probably the most valuable chips.
E
AG
E
AG
Dammit! Don't pay attention to my emoji on previous post. Messed up my post
Aggie1205
AG
Looks like Garcia will be the first Brave to go. Looks like it will happen today. Chaz Roe was moved in a minor deal earlier this week.
PacifistAg
AG
aggie1906 said:

RetiredAg said:

So, let's just assume worst-case scenarios for your team and they completely fall apart and out of the race by the trade deadline. They've decided to become sellers. Who are your most tradeable assets? Not just who your best players are, but who would your team actually be willing to trade at the deadline?

As a Rangers fan, I'd rank them in this order:
Darvish - obvious, given his impending free agency
Lucroy - same as Darvish
Hamels - I would say it's unlikely they'd deal him, but w/ 2 years remaining on his contract, I'm sure they'd be willing for the right price
Bullpen pieces - no telling who this could be since the BP has been pretty sketchy so far, although Dyson is the main culprit.
Anyone you'd like to add?
Nah. I'll stick w/ the top 3. Darvish, Lucroy and Hamels. Other than that, not much to float out there in the trade market. Choo and Andrus are having serviceable seasons, but those contracts are too cost prohibitive to move. I don't see them moving Beltre, but honestly I think that will be up to Beltre. It's no secret Beltre wants a WS more than anything, even more than the HOF. It gnaws at him. If he wants to move to a contender for that chance, I think the Rangers will move him. Boston makes sense if they do. I also don't expect they'd move him before he reaches 3,000 hits though.
Buck Compton
AG
He better hurry, then.... Could wind up trading him the day (or day or two after) he get his 3,000 hit, which would be interesting.
PacifistAg
AG
Buck Compton said:

He better hurry, then.... Could wind up trading him the day (or day or two after) he get his 3,000 hit, which would be interesting.

That brings up an interesting question. Has any member of the 3000 hit club ever been traded in their 3000th hit season?
Farmer1906
AG
aggie1906 said:

For the Astros it would be Beltran, Gregerson, Friers, & Gurriel. Gregerson might be worth something, but the rest, probably not.

I am not worried about it. 'stros will be buyers come the deadline. Left-handed bullpen and another horse for the playoffs.

Edit: Hamels & Darvish just may be what the Astros are looking for for our playoff push.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.