***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,330,494 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rausr said:

Hulla Baller said:

Do you think Beltran will retire now?

New bench coach?

We apparently already filled that position
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

BowSowy
AG
W said:

bobinator said:

Okay that was fun but let's go shore up the bullpen am I right?
yes, and make big decisions about Altuve and Keuchel.

lock them up long term now? or wait until they hit free agency the following year
Jesus Christ. Just enjoy it tonight.
mazag08
AG
Guys I don't mean to brag, but I kind of have to start every season thread for now on right?
Tx-Ag2010
AG
BuddysBud said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

Obligatory:

SI not only called the winner of the series but they also nailed the MVP

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then...
That being said this was an amazing series.
3 Toed Pete
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

Was the proposal planned even if we lost? Curious to know if Correa had that in mind...

No, it was a spur of the moment thing. Carlos ran out and bought the ring between innings.
He ordered it off of Amazon Prime Now during the 7th inning stretch.
tremble
AG
Would be a brilliant move for the Astros. Keeps Correa happy and get a good guy to help the team.
bobinator
AG
I was kidding...
annie88
AG
rausr said:

SHE SAID YES!!!
Could you imagine if she said no?
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
AustinAg2K said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

Was the proposal planned even if we lost? Curious to know if Correa had that in mind...

No, it was a spur of the moment thing. Carlos ran out and bought the ring between innings.
BS. He played the entire game with the ring in his back pocket
klsmith89
AG
Omg guys I'm so ****ing happy right now. This is a dream.
wangus12
AG
moneyag7 said:

JJxvi said:

Apparently the jinx for that cover went to US Soccer
As a die hard soccer fan.... way too ****ing soon.
Even tonight
Same. But **** it. World ****ing Champions!
. . .

annie88
AG
bobinator said:

DirtyMikesBoys
AG
I've cried off and on multiple times. Never experienced a championship. Especially with all that's happened over the past few months in this city, it just means more.
Psych
AG
TheAggiesAreWe03 said:

Psych said:

So I've never had a team win a championship.

Question for everyone. If I go to a Houston area academy tomorrow morning when they open, will they have the championship shirts?

No chance.

Not so fast my friend

https://www.google.com/amp/abc13.com/amp/sports/world-series-champs-gear-arrives-at-academy-stores/2585384/
Bonfired
AG
What a ride this has been, and it was truly earned.

Houston Astros, 2017 World Series Champions

It''s beautiful.

Some interesting symmetry and coincidences tonight:

* To get to our first World Series, we won on the road in St. Louis by a score of 5-1.

* To win our first World Series, we won on the road in Los Angeles by a score of 5-1.

* The Rockets beat the Knicks tonight...the same team they defeated in 7 games to win their first NBA title.
Mr.Bond
AG
https://www.fanatics.com/mlb-houston-astros-houston-astros-new-era-2017-world-series-champions-parade-9fifty-adjustable-snapback-hat-graphite/o-2354+t-69005307+p-79434049302+z-9-1519867030
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Betoisafurry
I can't believe it. Been waiting my whole life for this. Go go astros!

mazag08
AG
HoustonAg15 said:

I've cried off and on multiple times. Never experienced a championship. Especially with all that's happened over the past few months in this city, it just means more.

Me too man. Broke down in tears a little while ago.. smiling the whole way. My mom had season tickets for 10 years in the 70's and 80's. She watched every game. I'm so happy for her. Lifelong Houston and A&M fan.
CFTXAG10
AG
W
AG
htownag08 said:

Ah for the memories. Pour one out for Fiers...World Series ring indeed.

yep, Sipp, Clippard, J.D. Davis, Tyler White --- they all get a ring too
Martin Cash
AG
MVP should have gone to Darvish.
Zamacuco
Great series!!!
bjork
mazag08 said:

HoustonAg15 said:

Me too man. Broke down in tears a little while ago.. smiling the whole way. My mom had season tickets for 10 years in the 70's and 80's. She watched every game. I'm so happy for her. Lifelong Houston and A&M fan.

I held it together until the slow-mo Gattis breaking down shot. Love that lumber boi so much.
tremble
AG
Brutal
. . .
CoachRTM
AG
Academy will have a one time shot of inventory tonight. (A LOT of inventory) and will get a second shot tomorrow morning. Timing will depend on which store you are going to.

The store on Kirby/ 59 is the number one Astros store in the company, so it should have the most inventory, but also the most people.

Store at 99/ I-10 probably has the second most

(I used to work there in the corporate office)
shano0603
AG
Psych said:

TheAggiesAreWe03 said:

Psych said:

Question for everyone. If I go to a Houston area academy tomorrow morning when they open, will they have the championship shirts?

No chance.

Not so fast my friend

https://www.google.com/amp/abc13.com/amp/sports/world-series-champs-gear-arrives-at-academy-stores/2585384/

I believe academy said they would be open immediately following a win.
bobinator
AG
People can laugh all the want, but Fiers was huge during a part of the season when we really needed someone to step up. He helped keep the AL West from ever being in doubt.
Cappy407
AG
shano0603 said:

Psych said:

TheAggiesAreWe03 said:

Psych said:

No chance.

Not so fast my friend

I believe academy said they would be open immediately following a win.

Yup. I would go now.
wangus12
AG
Any chance the Dallas stores will have merch or do I need to order online. I hate being this far away
NE PA Ag
I went to my first Astros game in 1972 as a 7 year old, it was batting helmet night. Cesar Cedeno hit a huge homerun, I threw my batting helmet in the air and it landed about 8 rows down the old gold seats. The Astros beat the Cubs 7-2.

All those years as an Astros Buddy in the 70s, disappointment in '80 and gut wrenching disappointment in '86 and '04. In '05 just happy to get there.

I still can't believe it finally happened! I'm just numb right now. Half of downtown Manhattan must have heard me screaming with the last out.

ASTROS ARE 2017 WORLD CHAMPS!
W
AG
TrueAggie42 said:

Thank you Jim Crane for buying this team and hiring Jeff Lunhow. Thank you Jeff Lunhow for sticking with "the process" and your great drafting and shrewd pickups. Thank you AJ Hinch for managing this team to victory. Thank you Astros.
wonder where those people are...who back in 2011 that didn't want Crane to buy the team because of some E.O. complaint
Wizard
bobinator said:

People can laugh all the want, but Fiers was huge during a part of the season when we really needed someone to step up. He helped keep the AL West from ever being in doubt.

You are right. That stretch was incredible.

Some hammered Ag called it under the hospitality tent before the Ags played Iowa in the Regional back in June.

Shoutout to that guy.
ABATTBQ11
AG
TMACsDaMan said:

Milo Hamilton is smiling from above!!!

"Astros win! Astros win! Astros win again!" I'll never forget that being played as part of the ads for all of their games on the radio.
First Page Last Page
Page 1666 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.