***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,332,525 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
03_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here you go:

Quote:

After Tuesday's game, Hill said it was all a thought-out plan.

"That's a subject that's disheartening," Hill said. "I think it's something ... unfortunately, I don't think the punishment fit the action. I think, rightfully so, the fans spoke out and understood what was going on. I gave them their time to voice their opinion."
Mr.Bond
AG
spadilly said:

Game 6 did a 41.8/60 in the Houston market. Insane.
(41.8% of all homes w/ tvs had the game on and 60% of those tvs that were actually turned on at the time had the game on)

It's only going to go up tonight with game 7 and no Halloween
Baseball Gods.....Please. This city needs this, and we all know LA is NOT the city of angels.....its the city of Judas'
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Post removed:
by user
redline248
AG
For the record, in the World Series:

Turner - .130
Puig - .167
Bellenger - .167
------------------------------
Reddick - .182

Think Dodger fans are clamoring to bench any of those guys? That's the 3-4-5 batters! We're talking about our 8 hole. Yes, he's failed in some big opportunities, but that's baseball.
Mr.Bond
AG
ClickClack said:

AgFan1999 said:

Basically that Gurriel wasn't punished enough.

I wonder what the suitable punishment for throwing a much more visible temper tantrum in the dugout last night should be? Grounded for a week from tv?

What a chode.
Exactly, Im beyond ****ing tired of where this society is headed/is. I genuinely fear for my two kids futures in this country. God help us, now GO STROS BTHO la!!!!!
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Schrute
03_Aggie said:

Here you go:

Quote:

"That's a subject that's disheartening," Hill said. "I think it's something ... unfortunately, I don't think the punishment fit the action. I think, rightfully so, the fans spoke out and understood what was going on. I gave them their time to voice their opinion."

Ok, so the you gave them a chance to "voice their opinion". So no booing tonight since they've "had their time"?
BowSowy
AG
redline248 said:

Turner - .130
Puig - .167
Bellenger - .167
------------------------------
Reddick - .182

Think Dodger fans are clamoring to bench any of those guys? That's the 3-4-5 batters! We're talking about our 8 hole. Yes, he's failed in some big opportunities, but that's baseball.
You have to forgive some of these people, they just learned about batting average last week.
n_touch
SoupNazi2001 said:

Darvish will have an extremely short leash tonight and they will bring Kershaw in. They are going to go with the Giants Baumgartner strategy that won them Game 7 that year. Kershaw would normally be throwing today in the pen anyway during the regular season.

Hopefully they get to Kershaw quick then. He was tired in the last inning he ptiched and started making mistakes. He has been shelled on short rest. If he comes in and starts getting pounded that will put more pressure on their hitters and expand the zone for our pitchers.

Its either going to be a low scoring game due to the hitters being tight or buckle up and we are in for another 12/13 run game from both teams with the pitchers being wild.
agproducer
AG
Is it wrong that I come to this thread each night I go to bed and each morning I wake up?

I think I have a problem. What the hell am I going to do when the season is over?!!
Ag_07
AG
redline248 said:

Turner - .130
Puig - .167
Bellenger - .167

I love these numbers.

We've done an nice job of holding down their best players. I was legit scared of Turner and Puig and so far besides a couple HRs they've kept quiet.

It's the 2nd fiddle guys like Forsyth, Pederson, and Barnes that are a being thorn in our side. Hell even Culberson has doubled his season hit total this series.
Know Your Enemy
AG
astros4545 said:

Just performed a Fire In the Hole at In and Out because fook LA
Is this slang for gay butt sechs?
screw-tu
T&P. Know how ****ty that can be.
screw-tu
Not just Reddick's psyche, but the entire team. Let them finish what they started together.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Remember the last time we wanted a guy benched/moved around the lineup?

George Springer. I'd say he's been pretty decent.
Texaggie7nine
Guys on MLB at the plate podcast saying it's not smart to keep the same rotation with Morton to Mccullers since LJM has proven he can come out of the bullpen and Morton hasnt.
7nine
Aust Ag
AG
John E said:

Attended my 1st World Series game last night and even though we lost, I had great time. Sat by some cool Dodger fans and had some good baseball conversation. Crowd was pretty loud but there were more empty seats than I was expecting.

Reddick striking out with runners and 2nd ad 3rd 0 outs killed us last night. I can't believe he couldn't put it in play. They got the clutch hits and we didn't and that's why we're headed to game 7

Got several "**** Houston" and Houston we have a problem" comments but 99% of the fans were cool.

Ready for game 7 !!

What does that mean, "more empty seats"...why would there be ANY empty seats? Totally stumped here. I' know it's LA, but come on....Game 6.
ClickClack
AG
03_Aggie said:

Here you go:

Quote:

Thanks
Schrute
agproducer said:

Is it wrong that I come to this thread each night I go to bed and each morning I wake up?

I think I have a problem. What the hell am I going to do when the season is over?!!
Go into debt buying Astros World Champions gear
tjack16
AG
So this is a weird observation. We have yet to wear our orange jerseys during the world series.... and MLB shop and fanatics.com are not selling Orange world series jerseys. Is there a rule that you can only wear white/gray this year?

I know the Cubs wore their blue and so did the indians in last season's world series.
rosco511
AG
Ag_07 said:

While I understand the need for offense late in games, it doesn't make a lot of sense to weaken the defense in a close game by pulling him.

I rather keep him in for the defense to preserve a close game and depend on our 1-6 to produce behind him.

At the end of the day Hinch could play it either way, but it's not a cut and dry case of 'You gotta pull him'.

Plus, we are talking about a guy who hit .314 this year so he clearly can get it done so have to let him work out of it. Hinch would simply be gambling and hoping wih Maybin and Fisher if you put them in the lineup because there is no doubt they are worse hitters than Reddick.
Schrute
tjholley17 said:

So this is a weird observation. We have yet to wear our orange jerseys during the world series.... and MLB shop and fanatics.com are not selling Orange world series jerseys. Is there a rule that you can only wear white/gray this year?

I know the Cubs wore their blue and so did the indians in last season's world series.
My son bought an orange Springer jersey with a WS patch when we went to Game 3.
ClickClack
AG
I'm pissed. Let's win this thing and send these dorks home crying. LET'S GOOOOOO
tjack16
AG
Schrute said:

tjholley17 said:

The only place I've seen them online are at Academy ... but I'm more curious as to why we haven't worn them yet. It seems like we have worn Orange on the road more than Gray up until this series
Schrute
tjholley17 said:

Schrute said:

tjholley17 said:

The only place I've seen them online are at Academy ... but I'm more curious as to why we haven't worn them yet. It seems like we have worn Orange on the road more than Gray up until this series
Yeah, don't know why we haven't worn them yet. Like you said, the Cubs and Indians did. Would like to see them tonight...
bmocag
AG
I'd throw Peacock before Keuchel. Just my opinion.
gigemJTH12
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Guys on MLB at the plate podcast saying it's not smart to keep the same rotation with Morton to Mccullers since LJM has proven he can come out of the bullpen and Morton hasnt.
its a valid point. I dont think they would bring Morton in during an inning.

I think they believe Lance going out there and giving us 6-7 really good innings is our best shot at taking this thing down.
Schrute
gigemJTH12 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

its a valid point. I dont think they would bring Morton in during an inning.

I think they believe Lance going out there and giving us 6-7 really good innings is our best shot at taking this thing down.
Honestly, I hope we don't see Morton tonight. LMJ-Peacock-(Keuchel)-Devo
NotGibbs
Anyone else a little confused by Hill's comments? He's saying that if Yuli has any other job and did that, he wouldn't have a job.

I'm sure that if I had a bad day and walked into the break room, and started throwing the water cooler like he did last night, I'd get canned too
iBrad
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Last time, Morton was the one on full rest and McCullers was on three days. This time, it's flipped. I really think the coming out of the pen stuff is overblown. If McCullers gets into a jam, we're likely to go with Harris or Gregerson to finish the inning and then bring in Morton or Keuchel to start the next inning. As long as we aren't asking these guys to heat up quick and enter mid-inning, I think we'll be okay.
screw-tu
I believe starting LMJ gives us our best chance. But we have to have better ABs tonight. Made this POS journeyman Hill look much better than he really is.
Ag_07
AG
I like Peacock to close to seal the W and a WS MVP for him. How awesome would that be for Peacock?

Dude is a stud and he's faired well against them.
screw-tu
Hope the bats make all this talk about tge pen a moot point.
ClickClack
AG
Ag_07 said:

I like Peacock to close to seal the W and a WS MVP for him. How awesome would that be for Peacock?

Dude is a stud and he's faired well against them.

I vote McCullers to Peacock to WS trophy.

It feels right.
coop-aero-06
AG
bmocag
AG
We hit some shots against Hill but they were right at people. Last night just wasn' Meant to be. Besides.....this series is just too good to only go 6 games. Every time our guys have had their backs up against the wall they have fought their arse off and responded.
First Page Last Page
Page 1583 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.