***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,332,615 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
1208HawkTree
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agproducer said:

1208HawkTree said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

agproducer said:

And this is a welcome distraction from the disappointing state of Aggie Football.

Aggie football is so far from being great. This team is ONE GAME away from achieving immortality.

No $#|+, Saturday night I didn't even think about the Ags until the 4th inning. By then it was over.

I should have put this comment in better context:

This is a welcome distraction. Think of all the years we've had just Aggie Football to watch and care about at this time of year.

I didn't even watch a second of the Mississippi State game, and didn't really care. The Astros were playing in the World Series. That was 100 times more important to me.

What I was saying, aren't we lucky we don't just have Aggie Football to talk about right now?

Exactly my point.
1208HawkTree
AG
dlance said:

InnerCityAg said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

InnerCityAg said:

I don't post often, but have followed most of this thread all season.

Please don't start Reddick tomorrow.

Reddick will start tomorrow. He will ****ing rake.

But he hasn't. This whole series. He is rattled.

You have to start someone else in that spot.

You know he started 4/11 with 3 runs scored in the first three games right?

Pop ups end now. WHOOOOO!!!
BoxingAg84
He picked the Dodgers to win in the postgame...

Ags #1
AG
Maybin should start for reddick but he won't. Hope reddick shows up tomorrow but he looks ducking lost right now
InnerCityAg
dlance said:

InnerCityAg said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

InnerCityAg said:

I don't post often, but have followed most of this thread all season.

Please don't start Reddick tomorrow.

Reddick will start tomorrow. He will ****ing rake.

But he hasn't. This whole series. He is rattled.

You have to start someone else in that spot.

You know he started 4/11 with 3 runs scored in the first three games right?

Yes, but Reddick looks completely lost at the plate.

We need anyone else there in a NL situation.
Coby
AG
astros4545 said:

digging tunnels said:

Can't believe Altuve is batting 0.214 this series.
If he goes 2-2, then he is batting like .300

Its only 6 game sample

R.E.L.A.X.

What he's given us so far this series has been disappointing. He's had a few big ones no doubt, but multiple times he's come up in moments to do something big and he's looked lost. Tonight I don't think he ever went up in a big situation, but we need more from him and Correa tomorrow. They're our 2 best players. Right in the heart of the order. We need them to come through Wednesday night.

I'm a whiny b*tch I know, but I'm still very frustrated we lost game 4. Shouldn't have even been in question at home with Alex freaking Wood starting. Just...ugh. But gotta move on. We moved on for game 5. Move on for game 7. We've won all of the crazy games. Let's win an easy one.
redline248
AG
Y'all know who else looks lost at the plate? Bellenger. Outside of one game he's completely sucked, and he's their clean up.
TexasRebel
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

He picked the Dodgers to win in the postgame...

Makes me think of the coin flip thread.
agdaddy04
AG
cobizzle said:

astros4545 said:

digging tunnels said:

Can't believe Altuve is batting 0.214 this series.
If he goes 2-2, then he is batting like .300

Its only 6 game sample

R.E.L.A.X.

What he's given us so far this series has been disappointing. He's had a few big ones no doubt, but multiple times he's come up in moments to do something big and he's looked lost. Tonight I don't think he ever went up in a big situation, but we need more from him and Correa tomorrow. They're our 2 best players. Right in the heart of the order. We need them to come through Wednesday night.

I'm a whiny b*tch I know, but I'm still very frustrated we lost game 4. Shouldn't have even been in question at home with Alex freaking Wood starting. Just...ugh. But gotta move on. We moved on for game 5. Move on for game 7. We've won all of the crazy games. Let's win an easy one.

He had chance with Fisher on 3rd to tie it back up and didn't come through. It's not impossible but hard for this team to win when Altuve and Correa go 0fer. Good news is I don't see that happening in game 7.
Coby
AG
Ah I think you're right. Dammit.
Your Mom And Them
Pederson needs to be earholed in his first AB tonight.
Rex Racer
AG
I blame the guys on Sportstalk 790. On Monday morning, they were acting like it was over. Saying "when" the Astros win the series, etc. I was thinking "It's not over yet, guys."
saltydog13
AG
Let's do this!
jetch17
AG
At airport to LAX ... here's to hoping the streak continues, they've won the 2 ALCS and WS game 3 I've been to
AustinCountyAg
****ing Redding. No outs and runners on second and third and you strike out. That's the kind of **** that gets you benched on most teams. Put the ball in play. ****!!!

Big Al 1992
AG
Up now after terribly disappointing Game 6. And then remembered we are playing Game 7 in The World Series. The entire country will be tuned in. TMZ is gonna have a field day at Dodger stadium with bandwagoningncelebs there. And won't matter.

Astros are the best team in baseball. And they are gonna play like it. And bring Houston a Championship!!!

Bring it home boys!!!
Bassmaster
AG
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Today is the day.
mwm
Who was it that wanted the 'stros to play in November? You are banned.

I literally hate the dodgers.
maca1028
Bassmaster said:

I feelings exactly.
aTm2004
AG
Can't go through another day of this ***** At least yesterday I felt confident.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
Ag_07
AG
For those clamoring for Reddick to sit...It's Game 7 of the WS and you honestly think he should be benched for a guy hitting .210 and only what maybe 2-3 ABs this postseason and who's defense costs us a game? Or for a rookie with no ABs?

Yeah I'll let you go break that news to Josh.

Yes Reddick has been bad and that's not what I'm arguing, but at this point you ride him out and if it's him that costs us you live with knowing that you had your best 9 out there.
ClickClack
AG
12 hours.
BowSowy
AG
NM
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
McCullers/Morton/Keuchel triple headed monster on the mound for us today...

Best hitting team in baseball at the dish...

Just gotta perform. Game 7, gents.
JYDog90
AG
If I told you in February that we were gonna be in Game 7 and neither team had their ace starting there's not one person on this thread that wouldn't take that scenario. Earn history.
Ag_07
AG
What I like about our chances is that we'll be loose. We rake when we're loose.

The guys need to take the attitude of either way this is the last game of 2018 and we're going home no matter what. Might as well go home champions. Just go get it
iBrad
AG
Just to put things into perspective, Barnes soft liner to lead off the 6th had an exit velocity of 81.1 mph. Taylor's double to score him had an exit velocity of 72.4.

Marwin's line out to end the top of the 6th had an exit velocity of 89.6 and Altuve's ground ball to end the top of the 7th had an exit velocity of 98.5.

Coming through in clutch situations involves quite a bit of luck, too. If Marwin pulls his just a little more or if Altuve finds the hole between short and third or pulls it past Turner for a double, we're not having this conversation.

Reddick is the only one who truly sucked with a chance to do some damage. Striking out removes all luck from the equation.

BowSowy
AG
iBrad said:

Just to put things into perspective, Barnes soft liner to lead off the 6th had an exit velocity of 81.1 mph. Taylor's double to score him had an exit velocity of 72.4.

Marwin's line out to end the top of the 6th had an exit velocity of 89.6 and Altuve's ground ball to end the top of the 7th had an exit velocity of 98.5.

Coming through in clutch situations involves quite a bit of luck, too. If Marwin pulls his just a little more or if Altuve finds the hole between short and third or pulls it past Turner for a double, we're not having this conversation.

Reddick is the only one who truly sucked with a chance to do some damage. Striking out removes all luck from the equation.

We had this exact conversation after game 1 (which was also a 3-1 loss) and look how our bats turned up for the games after that.

Fact is, we have a bunch of ***** ass *****es in here who overreact to one game and suddenly declare our bats as sucking.
maca1028
I'm nervous as hell but going in to game 5 I predicted whoever won that one would win the series and I'm sticking with that prediction. Let's get it!
AustinCountyAg
Motto is earn history. They damn well are gunna have to earn it now.

I don't smoke week but I feel like this evening might be the ideal time for me to try it.
rosco511
AG
Wow. I knew the Taylor ball was a lucky jam shot, but not sure if they makes me feel better or worse that we lost game 6 because of a 1-2 HBP and two "hits" that were not hit that well.
CT75
AG
iBrad said:

Dodgers batters, as a whole, seem to have more patience at the plate, seem to work the count better and make our pitcher work harder. They look to want to put the ball in play more often and will go opposite field on you....that's good BB.

Springer and Bregman, to my eyes, are good at this also. During the series, my untrained eye sees the rest of the lineup trying to pull the ball instead of just putting the bat out there and taking what you can get by putting the ball in play. I realize that's an over-generalization....but that's what my eyes see.

Balls that drop for productive run scoring hits that aren't "hit well" are a part of the game we seem to be missing. To me that shows a good AB, patience at the plate and fighting off great pitches. The Dodgers seem to be doing a better job of that.

GO ASTROS
Harry Stone
AG
Game 1 was 3-1 on a Tuesday, Game 6 was 3-1 on a Tuesday. Is game 7 gonna be 7-6 on a Wednesday?
Ag_07
AG
I heard Verlander post game commentary and absolutely loved what he said.

He said he made two mistakes...Getting behind on Barnes and hitting Utley. He said getting behind on Barnes cost him with having to come back in and giving him something to hit. Said hitting Utley was a mistake but one he could live with because he wasn't gonna get beat on a slider that was just spinning down the middle. Said he'd seen it all series (slick balls) and wanted to make sure he buried it and yanked it a bit, but he was adamant that a hanging slider wasn't going to be the pitch that beat him.

Also said he was fine with AJ pulling him when he did and understood that if we aren't behind or in a NL park he stays in, but down a run and in a NL park he was fine with it.

We're damn lucky to have JV on our side.
First Page Last Page
Page 1579 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.