***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,332,630 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was ****ing jacked for the game today, but in the back of my mind I knew tomorrow could possibly happen. We are gonna wreck this **** tomorrow.

Remember this post. Pull it up after the game. This **** is gonna happen.

Game 7 of the World Series. This is a damn dream come true.
JoeCephas1974
Boiling Denim said:

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Boiling Denim said:

Philip J Fry said:

Astros fan complaining about NL rules is mind boggling.
I'll freely admit I thought AL rules were dumb as hell and unnatural growing up

I've since grown up and seen the light.

Forcing a professional player to attempt something he can't realistically practice for is stupid

Imagine if the NFL randomly selected a player on the roster to kick Field Goals
Bob Gibson, one of the greatest pitchers of all time, had 24 home runs in the regular season, and 2 in the World Series.

Cool that's over a 17 year career. Something a DH could accomplish in 1 season
Playing every 5th game?
agproducer
AG
1208HawkTree said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

agproducer said:

And this is a welcome distraction from the disappointing state of Aggie Football.

Aggie football is so far from being great. This team is ONE GAME away from achieving immortality.

No $#|+, Saturday night I didn't even think about the Ags until the 4th inning. By then it was over.

I should have put this comment in better context:

This is a welcome distraction. Think of all the years we've had just Aggie Football to watch and care about at this time of year.

I didn't even watch a second of the Mississippi State game, and didn't really care. The Astros were playing in the World Series. That was 100 times more important to me.

What I was saying, aren't we lucky we don't just have Aggie Football to talk about right now?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Ag_07
AG
You should listen to him speak at the presser on live right now.

He'll be locked in that's for sure.
Texaggie7nine
This team hasn't let us down yet. No reason to believe they start now.
7nine
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Gordo14 said:

Junkhead said:

Gordo14 said:

Being a Houston sports fan and Aggie sucks. Hopefully, the prove me wrong tomorrow

Dude. Your team is playing a winner take all game in the World ****ing Series tomorrow night. I bet fans of every other team would gladly trade places with you in a heartbeat.

No team I have ever cared about has ever won a championship. I'm 25. Yeah of course fans of other teams would rather be in the world series in a given year. But my point still stands... Boston, new York, L.A., Denver, San Francisco, even ****ing Dallas, etc. have all won championships. It's getting depressing. Yeah we can still win tomorrow and I will be way too into your game... But if we don't. **** man. Not going to lie, I'm getting desperate over here.
Ag_07
AG
Watching the news and I'm seeing that everyone who won the GF drawings has an IQ below 50.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
iBrad
AG
I have this feeling that we blow tomorrow's game open early and pile it on for an easy win. Darsh gets knocked out in the second again. They bring in Wood and we turn all of those hard outs into hard hits. Kershaw comes in already down five and Bregman greets him with a 3-run bomb.

Astros coast to an easy 9-2 victory. Giles closes out the ninth for a little feel good pick me up to end the season. George wins the MVP. Yuli celebrates in a Japanese Speedo.
1208HawkTree
AG
Lance, here is your playlist tomorrow.

EDIT*** Watch past 0:50 if you've never heard the song.

EDIT 2 (I haven't watched the video in 15+ years) so don't watch, just listen from 1:20 on if you disagree with NFL players....

Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Ag_07
AG
At least the players know it's their last game no matter what so might as well ball out.

They'll play loose and they'll wreck.
KC_Ag14
AG
I literally love Nuke rn.
n_touch
Ag_07 said:

At least the players know it's their last game no matter what so might as well ball out.

They'll play loose and they'll wreck.

Honestly I think there is more pressure on them than our guys. We have never won, they are LA, mighty champions with a history and they deserve it.

I like that we are hitting first. Jump on Darvish grab a couple runs and the pressure will really be on. No walks or hit batters and we should be good to go.
Frok
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Beat40 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Lance 'bout to break'em off real bad.!

Reddick should go take BP
coop-aero-06
AG
Man, I'm pissed we didn't win tonight. So many opportunities with men on base, and verlander had a quality start.

But you know what, this is most likely the only time in my entire life that I will get to see the Astros in game 7 of a World Series. So I'm going to enjoy every moment of it.

I'm going to stress out all day tomorrow and not get much done at work. I'm going to play my Bun B, Pimp C, Paul Wall, Scarface, and Mike Jones playlist all day tomorrow. I'm going to get drunk and probably embarrass myself in front of my wife and friends, and enjoy the **** out of game 7.

It's been an awesome season for me and my fellow Astros fans. Let's come out and win the damn World Series tomorrow.
InnerCityAg
I don't post often, but have followed most of this thread all season.

Please don't start Reddick tomorrow.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
InnerCityAg said:

Reddick will start tomorrow. He will ****ing rake.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
InnerCityAg said:

Dance with the one who brung you.
Buck Compton
AG
Going to need a brilliant tandem start from lance and chuck.... because I don't know how much we get from this offense.

Maybe they turn it around like game 5 (and I hope they do), but they had the same lost puppy dog look in their eyes as they did during game 4. Completely psyched themselves out. For whatever reasons lefties just confound our lineup most of the time.
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
iBrad
AG
Lucky #007 said:

InnerCityAg said:

Dance with the one who brung you.

But only with a 5+ run lead for Giles.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Buck Compton said:

Going to need a brilliant tandem start from lance and chuck.... because I don't know how much we get from this offense.

Maybe they turn it around like game 5, but they had the same lost puppy dog look in their eyes as they did during game 4. Completely psyched themselves out. For whatever reasons lefties just confound our lineup most of the time.

Good news brother: there's a righty goin tomorrow and the baseballs are slick AF.
astros4545
AG
Stopped looking at this thread after game was over

1 hour later, 185 replies

Guys, lets get to bed so we can party late tomorrow

titanmaster_race
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Listen. Get rid of the woe is me bull***** Get rid of the "the moment is too big" bull***** We are entering game 7 of the ****ing World Series. I've been a negative mofo in this thread a lot, but now is not the fkn time. We have a SECOND chance tomorrow to make history and fulfill many of our dreams, mine included, of winning a ****ing World Series.

GTFO with the negativity, GTFO with the woe is me shlt. Gear up and get ****in ready for game 7 of the best game in the world.

We may not come out on top, but God I hope we do. If so, it will be one of the greatest moments of my life and many of yours. If you can't hack it, please stay off this thread.

I'm gonna be here, and I think we will win the whole ****in thing tomorrow. In game 7 of the world ****ing Series.

Amen.

This team is good. They know what's at stake, and they know they'll have to #earnhistory

They will get it done. Lance will go deep. Darvish will get hit. Jansen will come in to try and keep things close in the 8th with the dodgers down 2 runs, and he will fail, and Houston will have a world series title.
digging tunnels
AG
Can't believe Altuve is batting 0.214 this series.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
This team has already made history.

Gotta earn immortality tomorrow.

Goodnight sweethearts. I love you all.
astros4545
AG
digging tunnels said:

Can't believe Altuve is batting 0.214 this series.
If he goes 2-2, then he is batting like .300

Its only 6 game sample

R.E.L.A.X.
tremble
AG
They had 6 tonight and the Dodgers had 5. Just couldn't string them together. I feel good about tomorrow. Darvish has been the Astros' ***** this whole season.
Post removed:
by user
Ag12thman
AG
Hope so. Please let them leave Darvish in too long again.
InnerCityAg
Nuke LaLoosh said:

InnerCityAg said:

Reddick will start tomorrow. He will ****ing rake.

But he hasn't. This whole series. He is rattled.

You have to start someone else in that spot.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 1578 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.