***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,332,631 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
TXAG14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ecce Homo
Can't really blame this on Luhnow for not getting another bat. Really don't see why we can't hit ****ing Hill. Sick of watching an entire team of Rougned Odor's sequence themselves to victory while batting ****ing 178.

Sick of weird ****ing bloop hits, and the knowledge that my life as a sports fan is cursed for being both a Houstonian and an Aggie
fullback44
AG

Ok game 7 is prob worth $50-$100 million .. MLB didn't want the Astros to win tonight

It's on tomorrow, lets win the MF ing game 7!
rgt99
NO reason to doubt this team, we are in game 7 of the World Series. Let's sit back and enjoy this. We are almost there!! By this time tomorrow, we will be celebrating
CFTXAG10
AG
I agree. You gotta roll Maybin out there tomorrow night
TexAgsSean
AG
I'm with you. I was about 9 when the Rockets won but I don't remember anything from that except OJ Simpson.

The city of Houston needs this win tomorrow.
fullback44
AG
TXAG14 said:

Reddick is batting .008 in the postseason. It's a wasted AB. Plain and simple.

Amen amen... Take his arse out and play Maybin
TexasAggieJTL
AG
TXAG14 said:

Reddick is batting .008 in the postseason. It's a wasted AB. Plain and simple.

Couple that with no DH and it's 2 automatic outs at the bottom of the lineup.
n_touch
third coast.. said:

Tomorrow is going to be another completely unproductive morning. Good thing I'm the boss and can get away with it. Ugh.

Right there with you.
The D
AG
As miserable as anyone this will just make it that more ****ing awesome when we win tomorrow
Ag_07
AG
Verlander plunked a guy 0-2 and gave up an 0-2 double.

I know the offense didn't show up but those are mistakes that even Verlander will admit he shouldn't make.
JoeCephas1974
Ecce Homo said:

CuriousAg said:

reddick needs to be on suicide watch

Yeah, stabs himself 25 times in the back, and throws himself off a bridge.
He'll go 0 for 25!... I kid, I kid!
CoachRTM
AG
I'm confident about tomorrow. I think we pound Darvish again and he's pulled quickly, Wood comes in and does a little better, then we bomb Kershaw and all these over-used relievers.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Listen. Get rid of the woe is me bull***** Get rid of the "the moment is too big" bull***** We are entering game 7 of the ****ing World Series. I've been a negative mofo in this thread a lot, but now is not the fkn time. We have a SECOND chance tomorrow to make history and fulfill many of our dreams, mine included, of winning a ****ing World Series.

GTFO with the negativity, GTFO with the woe is me shlt. Gear up and get ****in ready for game 7 of the best game in the world.

We may not come out on top, but God I hope we do. If so, it will be one of the greatest moments of my life and many of yours. If you can't hack it, please stay off this thread.

I'm gonna be here, and I think we will win the whole ****in thing tomorrow. In game 7 of the world ****ing Series.
Engine10
AG
Nut up you Nancies, tomorrow is a new day. Dare to be great.
Goose83
AG
Ag12thman said:

BearJew13 said:

Well, LA did pitch everyone tonight
. But Buck reminded us that everyone will be available for his favorite team (LA) tomorrow night.
The sports world has always dumped on Houston - They think everyone down here is an undeserving, knuckledragging redneck (the reason why they hyped the Gurriel incident as hard as they did).

I remember when the Rockets won their first championship in the 90's, and fans literally had to beg Sports Illustrated to put out a souvenir championship edition, despite the fact that they had always had one ready and waiting to hit the newsstands before the championship series was over every year prior to that.

Scotty Appleton
Boiling Denim said:

Philip J Fry said:

Astros fan complaining about NL rules is mind boggling.
I'll freely admit I thought AL rules were dumb as hell and unnatural growing up

I've since grown up and seen the light.

Forcing a professional player to attempt something he can't realistically practice for is stupid

Imagine if the NFL randomly selected a player on the roster to kick Field Goals

Should football teams get a 12th player when they punt or kickoff? Punters and kickers can't realistically learn to tackle...
k20dub
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Listen. Get rid of the woe is me bull***** Get rid of the "the moment is too big" bull***** We are entering game 7 of the ****ing World Series. I've been a negative mofo in this thread a lot, but now is not the fkn time. We have a SECOND chance tomorrow to make history and fulfill many of our dreams, mine included, of winning a ****ing World Series.

GTFO with the negativity, GTFO with the woe is me shlt. Gear up and get ****in ready for game 7 of the best game in the world.

We may not come out on top, but God I hope we do. If so, it will be one of the greatest moments of my life and many of yours. If you can't hack it, please stay off this thread.

I'm gonna be here, and I think we will win the whole ****in thing tomorrow. In game 7 of the world ****ing Series.

Ag_07
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I like this Nuke!

Well said my friend
iBrad
AG
In his defense, the 0-2 double could have just as easily broken the bat. It was a weak ass jam shot. Probably got too much plate on 0-2, but it was a luck result.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I have a headache
Betoisafurry
Native houstonian, played ball throughout hs. Earliest memory of stros is running the bases at the dome sometime in the early/mid 90s. Still remember the worn out spot in right field on the astro turf stained yellow with tobacco juice.
My dad would take me and my friends to the exit ramp outside the dome after a lot of the games we went to and we would wait for the players to come out.
One night Bagwell and caminiti(rip) came up the ramp on Harley's and signed autographs, that was the coolest thing a 11yr old kid ever saw. I Haven't posted on this thread except for the post season, and I apologize for bleeding like a vag, but it's just because I love this franchise and this city so *********much. Let's go stros, let's win one of the most epic series in history and get the damn monkey off our backs!!
Ag_07
AG
iBrad said:

In his defense, the 0-2 double could have just as easily broken the bat. It was a weak ass jam shot. Probably got too much plate on 0-2, but it was a luck result.

I'll just respectfully disagree. He missed his spot and it was a double off the bat.

Not saying Verlander is at fault button say they won off bloop luck isnt completely correct. They cashed in on opportunities we gave them.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
And **** the bullshlt about your teams being cursed. They aren't cursed, they just haven't been good enough. this team is ****ing good enough and they get another chance tomorrow in GAME 7 IF THE WORLD SERIES to make my and many of your dreams come true.

This team did not "choke." This team did not underperform. This team has reached the apex of competitive sports.

Baseball is the only game in existence without a time limit to it. There's no running out the clock, kneeling the ball, or calling timeouts.

You throw the ball over the fkn plate and hope the guy standing 60 feet and 6 inches away doesn't hit it and crush your dreams. Equal chance for everyone.

WE HAVE THAT ****ING CHANCE TOMORROW.
JoeCephas1974
Jaydoug said:

TXAG14 said:

**** that moral victory ***** ***** We are here. Win the damn thing!

There is no oral victor. Just winning or soul crushing Houston-esque defeat. Here's hoping we shake that history tomorrow.
I beg to differ. I think Verlander has definitely secured an oral victory.
agproducer
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

This. Many times over. This.

I'm not talking moral victories here, but y'all have watched this series. We all knew tonight wasn't going to be a cake walk. The Dodgers win 104 games. They aren't going to go gently into the night. This was their season tonight. The Astros played tight and couldn't the key hits they needed. The Dodgers had a stroke of luck with the go ahead run coming from a weakly-hit single. It was so poorly hit, Taylor for to second. They got the blast later from a player who hasn't had an oppo-taco all year. Luck was on their side tonight like game 1.

**** happens. Regroup, have good ABs and fight for your teammates tomorrow.

I'm sure all of the players have dreamed about this moment more than the fans. I think they'll be ready. I certainly hope they are.

I'm proud of what they've accomplished. The ride they've given the fans all year has been amazing.

Just give us one more win.
Cheo
That's great hoo rah rah stuff for us fans, but the only thing that matters is if this team will show up tomorrow at the plate.
iBrad
AG
Ag_07 said:

iBrad said:

I'll just respectfully disagree. He missed his spot and it was a double off the bat.

Not saying Verlander is at fault button say they won off bloop luck isnt completely correct. They cashed in on opportunities we gave them.

For sure. Put the bat on the ball and good things can happen. Marwin's shot up the middle was a better hit ball, but just bad luck. The Reddick AB was the killer.
ArcticPenguin
Cheo said:

That's great hoo rah rah stuff for us fans, but the only thing that matters is if this team will show up tomorrow at the plate.
Shooz in Katy
AG
Yep. A lot of folks on here have gone full Caminiti.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Boiling Denim said:

Philip J Fry said:

Astros fan complaining about NL rules is mind boggling.
I'll freely admit I thought AL rules were dumb as hell and unnatural growing up

I've since grown up and seen the light.

Forcing a professional player to attempt something he can't realistically practice for is stupid

Imagine if the NFL randomly selected a player on the roster to kick Field Goals
Bob Gibson, one of the greatest pitchers of all time, had 24 home runs in the regular season, and 2 in the World Series.
Big Al 1992
AG
Winning Game 7 in one of the best World Series ever is just gonna make it that much sweeter.

Let's do this!!!
The D
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I'm holding our weekly meeting tomorrow morning. Thinking of just saying this and telling get the **** out
Big Al 1992
AG
Home teams are 18-19 in Game 7s.

We got this!!!
Engine10
AG

Lance just named the starter and already gettin loose! He's capable of dominating this whole thing, you know he'll give it everything he's got.

First Page Last Page
Page 1576 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.