***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,332,608 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
digging tunnels
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hinch did everything right tonight. Took out Verlander when he was clearly not getting it done. Put pinch runner for Gattis. Took gamble on Gregorson and Liriano being down

Bats lost the game tonight. And wrong timing of batting order as well. McCann being a lead off runner in the 4th, and the following double could have scored a quicker runner. Bases loaded with Bergman AB. Ninth inning at bottom of order.

We'll get em tomorrow
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Baseball is a great ****ing game isn't it?

Damn I love this shlt.

We are gonna get these *******s tomorrow.
Texaggie7nine
7nine
agproducer
AG
I think another thing we've overlooked this series is the lack of left-handed ABs for Marwin. With the exception of his double tonight, he hasn't done a while lot from the right side of the plate.

Also, again, the Astros seem to be weaker against left-handed pitching.
JABQ04
AG
?itemid=5440285
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Lance is gonna fkn rake
JABQ04
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

I saw that. This has me freaking pumped. That guy wants to win!!!! None of their ****** Ps are out getting ready for game 7
screw-tu
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Damn I love this shlt.

LMJ will roll tomorrow. These poosays scared of Darvish don't deserve to watch the game or bleed on this board.
Ag_07
AG
True

Altuve and Correa and their 0-8 didn't help either.

And to those asking for Reddick to sit...It's not just one person. It's a team sport and it's cliche but you win and lose as a team. Benching Reddick won't help Altuve, Correa, and Marwin get base hits.

They all have to step up when it's their turn.
PoppaB05
AG
This is one of the best played World Series of all time. There are 2 teams that refuse to lose. Most other Series you would never see a team hit one of the most unhittable relievers ever, not once but twice to win games. The other team would usually lose it at that point but the Dodgers have stayed in it and recovered to blow our bullpen too shreds. No lead is safe. 3 Cy young award winners have been hit well enough to not be a factor and the bullpen of both teams is in tatters. It sucks we didn't win tonight but this is are two teams that won 100 games. I have faith in this team. They would already be drenched in champagne most years but this is a really good LA team. One more game. Let's go
bullard21k
AG
The message I would have to the team would be simple. Rewind to spring training nearly 8 months ago. If I would have told that team they would be playing in game 7 of the World Series in Novemeber to win the whole damn thing would you take that?

You take that opportunity all day long. This is a 1 game series.

Everything that's happded over the last 8 months and in this series is in the past. The only thing we need to focus on our job in front of us and take this OPPORTUNITY that has been placed in front of us.

Game 7 is more mental than physical
JoeCephas1974
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Boiling Denim said:

Philip J Fry said:

Astros fan complaining about NL rules is mind boggling.
I'll freely admit I thought AL rules were dumb as hell and unnatural growing up

I've since grown up and seen the light.

Forcing a professional player to attempt something he can't realistically practice for is stupid

Imagine if the NFL randomly selected a player on the roster to kick Field Goals
Bob Gibson, one of the greatest pitchers of all time, had 24 home runs in the regular season, and 2 in the World Series.
That's Bob Puukceeng Gibson...
Boiling Denim

Boiling Denim said:

Philip J Fry said:

Astros fan complaining about NL rules is mind boggling.
I'll freely admit I thought AL rules were dumb as hell and unnatural growing up

I've since grown up and seen the light.

Forcing a professional player to attempt something he can't realistically practice for is stupid

Imagine if the NFL randomly selected a player on the roster to kick Field Goals
Bob Gibson, one of the greatest pitchers of all time, had 24 home runs in the regular season, and 2 in the World Series.

Cool that's over a 17 year career. Something a DH could accomplish in 1 season
agproducer
AG
And this is a welcome distraction from the disappointing state of Aggie Football.
Agmaniacmike12
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Listen. Get rid of the woe is me bull***** Get rid of the "the moment is too big" bull***** We are entering game 7 of the ****ing World Series. I've been a negative mofo in this thread a lot, but now is not the fkn time. We have a SECOND chance tomorrow to make history and fulfill many of our dreams, mine included, of winning a ****ing World Series.

GTFO with the negativity, GTFO with the woe is me shlt. Gear up and get ****in ready for game 7 of the best game in the world.

We may not come out on top, but God I hope we do. If so, it will be one of the greatest moments of my life and many of yours. If you can't hack it, please stay off this thread.

I'm gonna be here, and I think we will win the whole ****in thing tomorrow. In game 7 of the world ****ing Series.
That's what I'm ****ing talking 'bout!!!!
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
agproducer said:

And this is a welcome distraction from the disappointing state of Aggie Football.

Aggie football is so far from being great. This team is ONE GAME away from achieving immortality.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
And that brings us back to Reddick, doesn't it. If he doesn't have a little league AB, then what Verlander does doesn't matter.

Or maybe, just maybe, pitchers could practice hitting. Strange concept I know.
Beat40
Texaggie7nine said:

Lance 'bout to break'em off real bad.!

Ag12thman
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Damn I love this shlt.

I used to be an all football kinda guy. Now, especially with this kneeling bull **** in the NFL, I am watching baseball a lot more than football. In fact MLB >>>>>> NFL. I do still love college football, but NFL is about dead to me.
Coppell97
AG
Am I the only one expecting a heavy dose of Kershaw tomorrow?
1208HawkTree
AG
JABQ04 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

I saw that. This has me freaking pumped. That guy wants to win!!!! None of their ****** Ps are out getting ready for game 7

I think it was the fact that they got his motor running in the 6/7th, then he didn't go in, and he had to throw some so he could sleep tonight after being named starter for game 7.
Buck Compton
AG
Coppell97 said:

On 2 days rest? Bring it.
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Ok I just saw the last strike on Beltran. Yes I was peeing during it real time. That ball was literally in his eyes. I can count on less than one hand the times I've seen that in an MLB game.

I love what you bring to the table Beltran, but it's not at the plate.
Coppell97
AG
Buck Compton said:

Coppell97 said:

I believe they will.
1208HawkTree
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

agproducer said:

Aggie football is so far from being great. This team is ONE GAME away from achieving immortality.

No $#|+, Saturday night I didn't even think about the Ags until the 4th inning. By then it was over.
Ag_07
AG

And that brings us back to Reddick, doesn't it. If he doesn't have a little league AB, then what Verlander does doesn't matter.

Or maybe, just maybe, pitchers could practice hitting. Strange concept I know.

Please leave
Beat40
1208HawkTree said:

JABQ04 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

I think it was the fact that they got his motor running in the 6/7th, then he didn't go in, and he had to throw some so he could sleep tonight after being named starter for game 7.

Yeah, for sure. Think we know that, but it still looks baller!
Johnsy3
AG
So are we sticking to ONLY rally Kate tomorrow? And does it begin in the first? Do we start with Astros Kate then slowly take clothes off as each inning passes? Important questions here.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Beat40 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Lance 'bout to break'em off real bad.!

1208HawkTree
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

And **** the bullshlt about your teams being cursed. They aren't cursed, they just haven't been good enough. this team is ****ing good enough and they get another chance tomorrow in GAME 7 IF THE WORLD SERIES to make my and many of your dreams come true.

This team did not "choke." This team did not underperform. This team has reached the apex of competitive sports.

Baseball is the only game in existence without a time limit to it. There's no running out the clock, kneeling the ball, or calling timeouts.

You throw the ball over the fkn plate and hope the guy standing 60 feet and 6 inches away doesn't hit it and crush your dreams. Equal chance for everyone.

WE HAVE THAT ****ING CHANCE TOMORROW.

I can't blue star this enough.
Ag12thman
AG
Coppell97 said:

Buck Compton said:

Coppell97 said:

I believe they will.
Let them try. I think we can hit him especially if he's not fresh, which he won't be 100%.
Beat40
Let's just plate 7 tomorrow in the first and take care of business.

No, realistically - hopefully this loss will help them loosen up and play to keep the train moving rather than hit it over the fence. Just put the ball in play and let whatever happen happen.

Altuve and Correa cannot go 0-8 tomorrow. They cannot. They need to focus on shooting the ball the other way.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
And quit complaining about no DH. You know the rules, don't make excuses.
1208HawkTree
AG
So I will give it a blue diamond.

1208HawkTree said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

And **** the bullshlt about your teams being cursed. They aren't cursed, they just haven't been good enough. this team is ****ing good enough and they get another chance tomorrow in GAME 7 IF THE WORLD SERIES to make my and many of your dreams come true.

This team did not "choke." This team did not underperform. This team has reached the apex of competitive sports.

Baseball is the only game in existence without a time limit to it. There's no running out the clock, kneeling the ball, or calling timeouts.

You throw the ball over the fkn plate and hope the guy standing 60 feet and 6 inches away doesn't hit it and crush your dreams. Equal chance for everyone.

WE HAVE THAT ****ING CHANCE TOMORROW.

I can't blue star this enough.
digging tunnels
AG
Love seeing Lance warming up right now!!! I'm sure he was expecting to come in tonight and gotta release some of that build up/tension of tonight. He's ready to rock
First Page Last Page
Page 1577 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.