***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,312,145 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hell naw I love the Choo Choo!!!
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

HossAg
AG
Anyone know what Alex Bergman dips?
Wizard
Game 5 had higher TV ratings than Sunday Night Football
iBrad
AG
Was watching the game with my brother. He thought Fisher missed third, too. We went back and watched frame-by-frame and I thought it was pretty clear he got it with his toes. You could also see two umpires staring right at him rounding the bag.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Talk about battered Astros syndrome lol my old man said he isn't going to buy any gear for at least a week after if we win this thing.

Said, MLB hates Houston and will find someway to null it after the fact

That's 62 years of watching Houston sports for you folks
astros4545
AG
75AG said:

jkag89 said:

Farmer1906 said:

CT75 said:

CSwitching gears a bit....I have followed this franchise since their inception in '62; however, lost touch some when MMP was first opened. Questions:

1) wasn't there a hill or some weird built in anomaly in deep center when the park first opened?
2) when was it removed and why?
Yes, there was a hill with a flag in play. It was a stupid 436.
It was removed this year because they wanted to fix it up (more rev) and get rid of that stupid deep center that was hurting the team.
Both the flag pole in play and the silly hill were features found in old long gone parks. Of course these features in the old parks were due to the fact of fitting a park into available space while putting them into MM was just gimmicky.
Like the stupid train. I was hoping Crane would junk that toy.

**** you
What do you have against Bobby Dynamite?!?!?!?

That guy has worked for this just as hard as all the players
MosesHallRAB04
AG
R-Dog said:

Farmer1906 said:

So its 5-4 in the bottom of the 8th and you just PH for an exhausted Verlander. Who do you go to finish the job? Devo? McCullers? Morton? Harris?
You're going to think I'm crazy. I think I'm crazy.

But I think you go with Gregerson because of what Harold Reynolds was saying. We've barely used him so they have not had a lot of looks at him. I don't have any confidence in anybody we could throw out there, even him. But if he gets shelled, at least I feel like there was a rational reason to go to him instead of seeing the same guys continue to get their tits ripped off.

You're not bringing your game 7 starter McCullers in. Too unusual of a situation to use Morton...that would be outside his comfort zone. Everybody else is a crapshoot.

Most important, they just need to figure out who is responsible for locking Giles in the sh***er before the game starts.

No one thought Hinch would put game 5 starter in relief of game 4 in the ALDS but he did. If you're winning game 6 late and verlander has nothing left you sell out to win it
NotGibbs
These dodger tears are so delicious

Quote:

There's a train that goes by my house but it's extra loud today and I'm pretty sure it's taunting me.
75AG
AG
astros4545 said:

75AG said:

jkag89 said:

Farmer1906 said:

CT75 said:

ECSwitching gears a bit....I have followed this franchise since their inception in '62; however, lost touch some when MMP was first opened. Questions:

1) wasn't there a hill or some weird built in anomaly in deep center when the park first opened?
It was removed this year because they wanted to fix it up (more rev) and get rid of that stupid deep center that was hurting the team.
Both the flag pole in play and the silly hill were features found in old long gone parks. Of course these features in the old parks were due to the fact of fitting a park into available space while putting them into MM was just gimmicky.

**** you

I love Bobby Dynamite! I love Orbit. I loved Chester Charge! I loved those astronaut grounds keepers! And the usherettes with Astrodome-looking hats! I just think the train is cheesy.
ClickClack
AG
75AG said:

astros4545 said:

75AG said:

jkag89 said:

Farmer1906 said:

CT75 said:

ECSwitching gears a bit....I have followed this franchise since their inception in '62; however, lost touch some when MMP was first opened. Questions:

**** you

I love Bobby Dynamite! I love Orbit. I loved Chester Charge! I loved those astronaut grounds keepers! And the usherettes with Astrodome-looking hats! I just think the train is cheesy.

I think you're cheesy and we should get rid of you.
75AG
AG
ClickClack said:

75AG said:

astros4545 said:

75AG said:

jkag89 said:

Farmer1906 said:

CT75 said:

EEECSwitching gears a bit....I have followed this franchise since their inception in '62; however, lost touch some when MMP was first opened. Questions:

**** you

I think you're cheesy and we should get rid of you.
Been a 'stros fan since the '45's. You can't get rid of me. But the train is still cheesy. But ****mthe train discusssion. We win this thing tomorrow night!!!
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
astros4545 said:

75AG said:

jkag89 said:

Farmer1906 said:

CT75 said:

CSwitching gears a bit....I have followed this franchise since their inception in '62; however, lost touch some when MMP was first opened. Questions:

**** you

JakAg93
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

R-Dog said:

Farmer1906 said:

So its 5-4 in the bottom of the 8th and you just PH for an exhausted Verlander. Who do you go to finish the job? Devo? McCullers? Morton? Harris?
You're going to think I'm crazy. I think I'm crazy.

But I think you go with Gregerson because of what Harold Reynolds was saying. We've barely used him so they have not had a lot of looks at him. I don't have any confidence in anybody we could throw out there, even him. But if he gets shelled, at least I feel like there was a rational reason to go to him instead of seeing the same guys continue to get their tits ripped off.

You're not bringing your game 7 starter McCullers in. Too unusual of a situation to use Morton...that would be outside his comfort zone. Everybody else is a crapshoot.

Most important, they just need to figure out who is responsible for locking Giles in the sh***er before the game starts.

No one thought Hinch would put game 5 starter in relief of game 4 in the ALDS but he did. If you're winning game 6 late and verlander has nothing left you sell out to win it
It's these discussions that make the playoff baseball and the WS so great. Especially when your team is still alive on Halloween.
agproducer
AG
I'm finally catching up on this thread. I participate in it, pretty much every game -- except for last night. I was just on briefly because I was at the game.

I grabbed a single ticket. I wasn't sitting around anyone I knew. The guy sitting next to me happened to be Class of '09. I quickly got acquainted with people in our section. We also had lots of Dodgers fans around us.

LAST NIGHT WAS THE BEST SPORTS EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.

What a roller coaster of emotions. When we were down early, I thought we'd just need to chip away at the lead. When Yuli hit his HR, I started high-fiving people around me. When Altuve hit his blast, we also went nuts. I was hugging people I didn't even know at the end of the game.

My voice is raspy and almost gone after that game. I've yelled at Aggie Football games before, but not until I've lost my voice. My throat is sore. I'm really tired at work -- but it is all worth it.

It seemed like every time the Astros were down, they'd get right back up. I thought they were dead in the water after Springer's dive attempt, but then he blasted that HR on the first pitch of the bottom of the inning.

Astros pitchers couldn't find the zone all night. I kept thinking they were getting squeezed. But, it happened to the Dodgers, too. It was so deflating for the Astros to catch up, then blow the lead.

I thought we were in trouble when Hinch put in Maybin to run for Yuli, and then again when Fisher was put in for McCann. But, I was wrong. Good work, Hinch.

Speaking of McCann, that guy was on it at the plate last night. He missed a second HR by pulling a ball during one AB, and barely missed a double in another. I hope it carries over to Game 6.

The feeling after the game was fantastic. Fans were yelling, "Woo!", "Let's go Astros!" and "Dilly Dilly!" as they were walking out. Dodger fans were dejected -- especially some of the cocky fans we had in our section. So, that was awesome.

I LOVE THIS TEAM.

ONE MORE! ONE MORE!

95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

I loved those astronaut grounds keepers! And the usherettes with Astrodome-looking hats! I just think the train is cheesy.
lol ... how about the parking attendants in astronaut uniforms? That must have been hot. Or the vocal group Apple Pie (that was a cheap imitation of Starland Vocal Band) ?

Compared to all that the the train is the least cheesy.
Mr.Bond
AG
SIAP

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210392327584986&id=1246961890
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

75AG
AG
AGnCS said:

Quote:

I loved those astronaut grounds keepers! And the usherettes with Astrodome-looking hats! I just think the train is cheesy.
lol ... how about the parking attendants in astronaut uniforms? That must have been hot. Or the vocal group Apple Pie?

Compared to all that the the train is the least cheesy.

Good point. Those were cheesier times!
Ecce Homo
Mr.Bond said:

SIAP

What was it? It looks like it has been taken down.
Here4Beer
AG
Dilly Dilly
saltydog13
AG
HossAg said:

Copenhagen Long Cut. The only choice
ClickClack
AG
So should we be worried about a "slick" world series ball affecting Verlander's ability to throw an effective slider?
backintexas2013
AG
Based off what I heard last night and applying it to Morton he could come in game 6 because it's usual bullpen day between starts.
Schrute
Let's send the Dodgers to the pit of misery!!! Dilly! Dilly!
Kashchei
AG
Collard Greens said:

Talk about battered Astros syndrome lol my old man said he isn't going to buy any gear for at least a week after if we win this thing.

Said, MLB hates Houston and will find someway to null it after the fact

That's 62 years of watching Houston sports for you folks

How is everyone's BAS? Still one more game before mine is cured. I will not give in!
Mr.Bond
AG
Ecce Homo said:

Mr.Bond said:

SIAP

Puig shot the double rods to the fans rounding 2nd base

MAGA

Schrute
Mr.Bond said:

Ecce Homo said:

Mr.Bond said:

SIAP

I'm offended and outraged. He should be suspended for 5 games to start next season.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Verlander legend adds the final and definitive chapter tomorrow night.
i am hoping JV pitches a complete game, 2 hit shutout with the Stros winning 3-0 in 2.5 hours.
AgDC
NotGibbs
Mr.Bond said:

Ecce Homo said:

Mr.Bond said:

SIAP

Not entirely surprising. The fans in right had "Puig you suck" chants going all night
Clavell
AG
Still remember going to Astrodome in late 60's when my Grandfather would visit. He was big baseball fan. Then in 80's sitting through a 22 inning game against these Dodgers. Then sharing season tickets with brother and friends about 10 years ago. Please win this Astros!!!
Ecce Homo
NotGibbs said:

Mr.Bond said:

Ecce Homo said:

Mr.Bond said:

SIAP

Not entirely surprising. The fans in right had "Puig you suck" chants going all night
that was in the Cleveland game I think. Did he do it again?
Schrute
AGnCS said:

Quote:

Verlander legend adds the final and definitive chapter tomorrow night.
i am hoping JV pitches a complete game, 2 hit shutout with the Stros winning 3-0 in 2.5 hours.

My heart and blood pressure say Amen
aTm2004
AG
HossAg said:

Sale Jansen Long Cut
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
NotGibbs
Ecce Homo said:

NotGibbs said:

Mr.Bond said:

Ecce Homo said:

Mr.Bond said:

SIAP

I'm not sure what the link is about. I just assumed it was last night, but I could be wrong. The Puig you suck chants were definitely going last night though
Schrute
NotGibbs said:

Ecce Homo said:

NotGibbs said:

Mr.Bond said:

Ecce Homo said:

Mr.Bond said:

SIAP

I'm not sure what the link is about. I just assumed it was last night, but I could be wrong. The Puig you suck chants were definitely going last night though
He is pissed and guaranteed a game 7. Just the way we want him - gripping to do something big.
First Page Last Page
Page 1518 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.