***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,311,764 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
CT75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
R-Dog said:

Farmer1906 said:

So its 5-4 in the bottom of the 8th and you just PH for an exhausted Verlander. Who do you go to finish the job? Devo? McCullers? Morton? Harris?
You're going to think I'm crazy. I think I'm crazy.

But I think you go with Gregerson because of what Harold Reynolds was saying. We've barely used him so they have not had a lot of looks at him. I don't have any confidence in anybody we could throw out there, even him. But if he gets shelled, at least I feel like there was a rational reason to go to him instead of seeing the same guys continue to get their tits ripped off.

You're not bringing your game 7 starter McCullers in. Too unusual of a situation to use Morton...that would be outside his comfort zone. Everybody else is a crapshoot.

Most important, they just need to figure out who is responsible for locking Giles in the sh***er before the game starts.
I agree.....

I think we get AT LEAST 7 out of Verlander.

I go

Gregerson
Devo
Musgrove

.... In some order I'm not wise enough to call. I do think there is something to the Dodgers not having seen much of Gregerson.
Drew_Hill
bullard21k said:

Throwing mcculers 1 innng doesn't "burn" him for game 7. Thats the point. And Morton had a better outing than mcculers did this series so that's hardly throwing up the white flag. A case could be made that Morton is a better option in game 7 anyways.

You have only 3 outs to go for a world championship I roll the dice with the guy with the best stuff in mcculers.

Whose to say you try and save him for game 7 and mcculers gets run by the 4th inning?

There is no right answer here so can we stop talking in absolutes?
There is definitely a right answer and it is not throwing mccullers in game 6.

Morton on 3 days rest is a better option than mccullers for game 7? Yikes.
KC_Ag14
AG
I think both JV and Hinch have every intention of him going the distance tomorrow... but I also think 4 runs is probably the number. As long as Verlander is holding them to 3 or less, you'll have to pry the ball out of his hand. This is what he's always wanted and what he came here for: The ball in his hands to win the World Series.

Game 7 formula needs to be the exact same as the ALCS... Morton --> McCullers. Would be nice if we never know
AustinCountyAg
My heart beat is finally starting to slow down and return to normal. What a game and what a series it has been.

I pray emotions will level out and Verlander comes out ready to clinch it. Their is no doubt in my mind he will bring his A game tomm. He is a veteran, and the moment shouldn't be too big for him tomm. I think we crush Hill and send his ass out early like we did Yu.

jkag89
astros4545 said:

Buck Compton said:

Based on the latest stats, Springer would be the WS MVP if it was over today. Time to go win the whole damn thing tomorrow.

I'd give the nod to Bregman taking into account defense as well

Also I have $5 on Bregman for MVP at 33-1

I also have Springer at 20-1

Those were the only 2 bets I made
So in other words you are hoping for co-MVP shared by Bregs and Springer so you can rake in the cash.
CT75
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

I think both JV and Hinch have every intention of him going the distance tomorrow... but I also think 4 runs is probably the number. As long as Verlander is holding them to 3 or less, you'll have to pry the ball out of his hand. This is what he's always wanted and what he came here for: The ball in his hands to win the World Series.
Yep....and that's what I want to see.
Farmer1906
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Quote:

I hate baseball parks where they have to have effing gimics to excite their lower mentallity fans,,,,,trains or giant Coke bottles or moving sculptures,,,,why can't they build ballparks like ours

You mean a characterless **** hole?!

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We can't huh?

Left field 325 feet (99 m)
Left Center Field 375 feet (114 m)
Center field 400 feet (122 m)
Right Center Field 375 feet (114 m)
Right field 325 feet (99 m)

Left Field 330 ft (101 m)
True Left-Center 375 ft (114 m)
Center Field 395 ft (120 m)
True Right-Center 375 ft (114 m)
Right Field 330 ft (101 m)
Ags #1
AG
where can you watch in online? Thanks
CT75
AG
Switching gears a bit....I have followed this franchise since their inception in '62; however, lost touch some when MMP was first opened. Questions:

1) wasn't there a hill or some weird built in anomaly in deep center when the park first opened?
2) when was it removed and why?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Just got a text saying that sports talk said fisher missed 3rd base. Any validity to this?
Farmer1906
AG
CT75 said:

Switching gears a bit....I have followed this franchise since their inception in '62; however, lost touch some when MMP was first opened. Questions:

1) wasn't there a hill or some weird built in anomaly in deep center when the park first opened?
Yes, there was a hill with a flag in play. It was a stupid 436.
It was removed this year because they wanted to fix it up (more rev) and get rid of that stupid deep center that was hurting the team.
Farmer1906
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Just got a text saying that sports talk said fisher missed 3rd base. Any validity to this?
No. Someone made a thread about it.
Mr.Bond
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Doubtful,
First glance it looked close but either way...... DONT MATTER HOMIE
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

jkag89
Farmer1906 said:

Mr.Bond said:

Quote:

I hate baseball parks where they have to have effing gimics to excite their lower mentallity fans,,,,,trains or giant Coke bottles or moving sculptures,,,,why can't they build ballparks like ours

You mean a characterless **** hole?!

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We can't huh?

Left field 325 feet (99 m)
Left Center Field 375 feet (114 m)
Center field 400 feet (122 m)
Right Center Field 375 feet (114 m)
Right field 325 feet (99 m)

Left Field 330 ft (101 m)
True Left-Center 375 ft (114 m)
Center Field 395 ft (120 m)
True Right-Center 375 ft (114 m)
Right Field 330 ft (101 m)
Actually the Dome apart from the crappy turf was not a bad baseball stadium, well at least until they effed it up to appease Bud Adams, Also the county did a horrendous job of maintaining the Dome while the Dodger Organization have done an excellent job of keeping Dodger Stadium a nice park to visit.
AustinCountyAg
Nuke LaLoosh said:

yeah and I cheated on my 6th grade states quiz......WGAF. Too late now!!!!
coastalAg
AG
I dont really understand what people are seeing that make them think he missed 3rd. At first glance, maybe. But after going back and watching the video, no way.

He is looking down at the bag, he lengthens his stride to reach the bag, and his ankle flexes when he touches it. Nothing to see here.
Schrute
Then the Dodgers are dumb asses for not throwing over there to see if they could get the call. They didn't, we won, deal with it.
bullard21k
AG
Drew_Hill said:

bullard21k said:

Throwing mcculers 1 innng doesn't "burn" him for game 7. Thats the point. And Morton had a better outing than mcculers did this series so that's hardly throwing up the white flag. A case could be made that Morton is a better option in game 7 anyways.

You have only 3 outs to go for a world championship I roll the dice with the guy with the best stuff in mcculers.

Whose to say you try and save him for game 7 and mcculers gets run by the 4th inning?

With 3 outs to go to win the whole freaking thing I personally don't think hinch is worried about a "potential game 7" he is going to want to end it right there and who gives you the best possibility.

And again having mcculers throw a handful of pitches doesn't burn him for appearing in game 7. Morton threw 76 pitches so I don't think rest is a giant overriding factor.

So no you can't say either option is 100% the right call imo
Mr.Bond
AG
Joel Embiid wearing dodgers jersey....while going nuts for the astros

https://sports.yahoo.com/joel-embiid-goes-nuts-wild-140230651.html
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

jkag89
Mr.Bond said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Doubtful,
First glance it looked close but either way...... DONT MATTER HOMIE
If there was any question, you don't think the Dodgers would not have done an appeal play? And if Fisher did miss third the loss is on them for not doing so.
Harry Stone
AG
bullard21k said:

Drew_Hill said:

bullard21k said:

With 3 outs to go to win the whole freaking thing I personally don't think hinch is worried about a "potential game 7" he is going to want to end it right there and who gives you the best possibility.

And again having mcculers throw a handful of pitches doesn't burn him for appearing in game 7. Morton threw 76 pitches so I don't think rest is a giant overriding factor.

Why not go JV/CM in game 6 and LMJ/BP in 7 (if needed)
The Milkman
AG
One of the things I love about this series and this postseason is that we are obviously winning over some new baseball fans. I have heard from so many people who know how big of an Astros fan I am things like "I've never really been much of a baseball person before but that was the most fun game Ive ever seen" and how tense every pitch is. Non-baseball people are starting to see the beauty of the game. And having so many young stars on so many teams like Correa, Altuve, Springer, Bellinger, Judge bodes well for many years to come.
Schrute
Harry Stone said:

bullard21k said:

Drew_Hill said:

bullard21k said:

Why not go JV/CM in game 6 and LMJ/BP in 7 (if needed)
Very dependent on the situation, primarily the score. If we have a lead, then you go with your very best option to win game 6. To me that would be LMJ.
diehard03
Quote:

Non-baseball people are starting to see the beauty of the game

Except that they will turn it off when they don't see football scores anymore.
jkag89
Farmer1906 said:

CT75 said:

It was removed this year because they wanted to fix it up (more rev) and get rid of that stupid deep center that was hurting the team.
Both the flag pole in play and the silly hill were features found in old long gone parks. Of course these features in the old parks were due to the fact of fitting a park into available space while putting them into MM was just gimmicky.
75AG
AG
jkag89 said:

Farmer1906 said:

CT75 said:

CSwitching gears a bit....I have followed this franchise since their inception in '62; however, lost touch some when MMP was first opened. Questions:

Both the flag pole in play and the silly hill were features found in old long gone parks. Of course these features in the old parks were due to the fact of fitting a park into available space while putting them into MM was just gimmicky.
Like the stupid train. I was hoping Crane would junk that toy.
diehard03
I think the garage doors in left center seem odd when there's a play there, but that's a minor nitpick when the rest of the stadium is on point.
jkag89
75AG said:

jkag89 said:

Farmer1906 said:

CT75 said:

CSwitching gears a bit....I have followed this franchise since their inception in '62; however, lost touch some when MMP was first opened. Questions:

It is something I could do without and certainly fans in other cities like to make fun of it but I personally don't mind it too much since kids like it.
R-Dog
AG
If I am not mistaken, in a walk off situation like that....since you can't put the ball in play again on the rubber like you would in a normal appeal situation, doesn't the umpire immediately call the runner out in that situation?

I can't remember my procedures but I think that's it. What if it's a walk off home run and the batter misses a base? You don't even have a ball to throw to the base in the first place.

Cromagnum
AG
The Milkman
AG
jkag89 said:

75AG said:

jkag89 said:

Farmer1906 said:

CT75 said:

It is something I could do without and certainly fans in other cities like to make fun of it but I personally don't mind it too much since kids like it.
I have only ever heard good things about it from other fans, and how cool they think it is.

The only complaint I hear is bitter fans like Dodgers ones today about how tired they get of hearing the train horn blow on HRs. But hey... thats music to my ears
BowSowy
AG
The Milkman said:

jkag89 said:

75AG said:

jkag89 said:

Farmer1906 said:

CT75 said:

I have only ever heard good things about it from other fans, and how cool they think it is.

The only complaint I hear is bitter fans like Dodgers ones today about how tired they get of hearing the train horn blow on HRs. But hey... thats music to my ears
I imagine a few of their bullpen guys will have PTSD triggered by train horns after this weekend.
Silent For Too Long
The Train is bad ass. Opposing fans aren't suppose to like the choo choo reminding them every time the Stros knock in a few.

If you don't like run celebrating trains I'm not sure if you are an American, and probably not human.
979BTXAG
AG
If I get 1000 likes I'll pay every one 1
backintexas2013
AG
I would think it would be a live ball appeal where they throw over and step on the bag instead of the step on the rubber, step off and throw over.

(I know in both cases it's during a live ball but for some reason I think it's called a live ball appeal if you automatically throw over.)
First Page Last Page
Page 1517 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.