***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,312,850 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
CoachRTM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking positive...

I just saved a bunch of money on not buying tickets for tomorrow..... or if I do, they'll be at 1/3 the price they would have been.
jopatura
AG
Tomorrow the batters need to slow the **** down and work the count. Earlier you get to the pen, the better especially since Morrow should be unavailable. If you draw some walks to work with, great. Kershaw's beatable but you can't let him establish quick innings.
bearkatag15
AG

He better be no where near the mound tomorrow...
Post removed:
by user
Frok
AG
I hope the team isn't as down in the dumps as I am right now. I feel like we missed our chance. However I've felt that way at least two other times this post season and we bounced back.

Need Dallas and JV to give us one more epic performance.

bearkatag15
AG
Ag_07
AG
I respect Giles a ton.

He's always been able to man up and take the blame for when he screws up.
screw-tu
bearkatag15 said:

He better be no where near the mound tomorrow...

Are you ****ing kidding me?! I never thought I'd say Giles has balls. But he's got balls. You can't make this **** up
bullard21k
AG
That's fake courage. That dude has looked like a scared puppy dog for 5 straight outings.

He wants no part of taking the mound the rest of this series.
screw-tu
bullard21k said:

That's fake courage. That dude has looked like a scared puppy dog for 5 straight outings.

He wants no part of taking the mound the rest of this series.

Wish he just had tge balls to tell Hinch "no thanks". This guy praying for complete games from starters so he won't have to go in.
astros4545
AG
astros4545 said:

Remember when this thread used to be about the Astros

Morton goes 6 innings tonight
Springer dings
And Gattis triples in 2 runs
Giles gets a 1-2-3 save
It was going so well
tjack16
AG
Honestly I'm not even angry that the Astros lost tonight ... anybody who didn't think this series was going to 6 or 7 games, has not watched either of these teams play all season
screw-tu
Dodgers had this **** served up on a silver platter tonight. We didn't hit, and that didn't help. But only thought in my mind when Giles was sent out was "Ballgame"
HossAg
AG
We should have won tonight.
tjack16
AG
HossAg said:

We should have won tonight.

We got outplayed tonight. No hit through 5 innings. Two hits the whole game. Dodgers took advantage and came up clutch in the end.
Just wasn't our night. We will win tomorrow night and then Verlander will have a chance to clinch it
HossAg
AG
Why would we be more confident about a game where we face Kershaw? That's why we should have won tonight. Hinch ****ed up with the bullpen decisions.
screw-tu
Even though Harris **** the bed those 2 hits would have been enough. Until numbnuts was summoned. Nobody is arguing that we didn't play well. But that game was still ours. Why Hinch went away from the piggyback starters that has worked so well 2x this postseason is anybody's guess. But we let this one slip away. Big time.
tjack16
AG
HossAg said:

Why would we be more confident about a game where we face Kershaw? That's why we should have won tonight. Hinch ****ed up with the bullpen decisions.

I'm coming confident because Keuchel. As well as it being at home where we are 6-1 this postseason

His only bad decision was Giles for Devo
Always_Right
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Giles comes across creepy af.
All my hope is in Jesus, thank God my yesterday's gone.
Roy coy
AG
Didnt think it was possible but I have even less confidence in him now after watching that interview.

Why did I click that link.

Damn.
Texaggie7nine
After I've heard a few of his interviews, he really strikes me as very low intelligence.
7nine
screw-tu
He does not have it upstairs. How many times this year did we hear Sparks say Giles ran into some trouble but hung on for the save"? My sphincter slams shut every time I see this guy walking to the mound.
When Billy Wagner trotted out there the only thought was "we got this". No matter the lead or situation. He is just plain scared. No matter what bull**** he is spouting in this interview. Nobody is perfect, but damn. This guy is guaranteed to **** op in high leverage situations.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Giles earned the right tonight to never pitch in an Astros uniform ever again.

Why we didn't go with the tandem start like yesterday (like I've been calling for for weeks) will always baffle me. Hinch blew it, Giles blew it, the offense blew it. Damn what a pathetic showing.
BTKAG97
AG
cobizzle said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Love all the second guessing from the Texags keyboard managers who can predict every at bat and inning. If it was up to Texags, Springer and Marwin would have never played to get out of their mini slumps. The offense got 2 hits tonight, maybe the bigger issue.
Not much second guessing tonight. It was all first guessing. The decision didn't make much sense. He's pitched 6 times this post season and given up 7 ER before tonight. Hinch didn't even let him warm up last night!

And this all comes 1 night after everyone praised him to high heavens about going with what felt right and not over managing.

I'm glad you can be happy in tonight's loss, though.
Heck, I thought Morton should have been pulled after 6. I was a little surprised he came back out for the 7th. What Giles did was highly predictable.
BMX Bandit
Didn't Giles do fine in his first inning his last outing?
Davanji84
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Didn't Giles do fine in his first inning his last outing?
Nope. Gave up two runs in LA IIRC.
BMX Bandit
Not in his first inning

Struck out Seager
Turner ground out
Bellinger fly out

I'm not saying I was okay with the move. In fact, I didn't like it. But he did no good for one inning last time out. That game, everyone rightly complained Hinch sent him back out
cone
AG
LAD -145

i'll see you at the crossroads

peace
3B Paul 97
AG
cone said:

LAD -145

i'll see you at the crossroads

peace

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
mwm
The 'stros offense, Hinch's decision & Giles' performance yesterday were absolutely pathetic.

However, how many of us would have been ecstatic with a 3-2 lead going back to LA?

Just win today. Our guys can beat their guys including Kershaw.
Beau Bevers
AG
BMX Bandit
dlance said:

jopatura said:

Tomorrow the batters need to slow the **** down and work the count. Earlier you get to the pen, the better especially since Morrow should be unavailable. If you draw some walks to work with, great. Kershaw's beatable but you can't let him establish quick innings.

If you try to work the count against Kershaw you will quickly be 0-2 as evidenced in game 1.

Yep

Watching strikes 1 & 2 go by, then swinging at a pitch in the dirt was productive game 1
6-4-3
AG
Just find a way to win tonight.
Ecce Homo
We needed to win 2 at home, our best shots to do that were the non-Kershaw games. However, if we beat Kershaw tonight, it completely absolves this loss (except has we done both it would have won us the Series).

So the only thing to do is beat Kershaw tonight, and then ride Verlander like a thoroughbred
Frok
AG
Bats need to come alive tonight. That is all.

Reddick is going to resurface at some point. I think tonight is the night.
First Page Last Page
Page 1432 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.