***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,312,641 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
rgt99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This team has bounced back from every obstacle they have faced. No need to doubt them now. If they pull it out tonight, I have faith we will win in six.
W
AG
that should be it for Giles in the world series -- no more
titanmaster_race
BMX Bandit said:

Not in his first inning

Struck out Seager
Turner ground out
Bellinger fly out

I'm not saying I was okay with the move. In fact, I didn't like it. But he did no good for one inning last time out. That game, everyone rightly complained Hinch sent him back out

Bellinger was literally 2 feet from walking it off. He hit Giles hard, just like nearly everyone else this postseason.
BMX Bandit
W said:

that should be it for Giles in the world series -- no more

No doubt.
CT75
AG
BMX Bandit said:

dlance said:

jopatura said:

Tomorrow the batters need to slow the **** down and work the count. Earlier you get to the pen, the better especially since Morrow should be unavailable. If you draw some walks to work with, great. Kershaw's beatable but you can't let him establish quick innings.

If you try to work the count against Kershaw you will quickly be 0-2 as evidenced in game 1.

Yep

Watching strikes 1 & 2 go by, then swinging at a pitch in the dirt was productive game 1

I don't think of patience as watching or taking pitches. To me......many of the batters seem to be "amped up" and overswing pitches. I look at patience as just trying to put the bat on the ball and put it in-play....and not trying to swing for the fences every pitch. I realize that's probably an over generalization; however, my eyes have the sense they are many times swinging for the big hit instead of advancing runners.
k20dub
AG
This is the dude who kneeled during the anthem.

TXAG14
Only time I would want to see Giles is in relief where we have a significant lead. Devo should have closing responsibilities.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Watching the game last night I knew the Astros had a lot of hard hit outs but damn.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/260003480/astros-have-little-success-on-game-4-hard-hits/?topicId=27118122
rosco511
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Watching the game last night I knew the Astros had a lot of hard hit outs but damn.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/260003480/astros-have-little-success-on-game-4-hard-hits/?topicId=27118122
Wow, that really puts it in perspective. As the article states, our outcomes/results were unprecedented with that many well hit balls. Just shows how much "luck" can impact a baseball game and does not support the narrative that our hitters were not doing their job. As a hitter, the main thing you want to do is hit the ball hard, and we he hit it really hard 10 times and only had one hit to show for it, crazy.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Guys I am barely alive right now, and about to suit up and head to Minute Maid for what will easily be the most important sporting event I've ever attended.

Here's a tweet that gives me hope:

Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Has this been discussed yet?

astros4545
AG
Disclaimer:

Article written by Jenny Stiles
tremble
AG
THats ****ing egregious if true. You don't change balls for the WS of all ****ing things.

No wonder Giles has been a ****ing mess, if he can't throw his slider he has nothing but his flat fastball.
Mr.Bond
AG
tremble said:

THats ****ing egregious if true. You don't change balls for the WS of all ****ing things.

No wonder Giles has been a ****ing mess, if he can't throw his slider he has nothing but his flat fastball.

Giles has given up runs in 6 of his last 7 outings....... It's not the balls
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

tremble
AG
The original article notes that all balls starting from the ALDS have been different. Indians pitchers were also complaining.

Look, if they switch balls and it's killing sliders, we might as well not pitch Giles ever in the postseason. Without that slider he's useless.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Has this been discussed yet?

I've noticed the sliders have been by far the least effective pitch in the playoffs. Fastballs look good, curveballs are working, but most of the sliders I've seen look like cement-mixers.
ClickClack
AG
I want this game bad.
awall11
AG
Verlander threw a few filthy sliders against the Yankees. Just saying...
Frok
AG
ClickClack said:

I want this game bad.

Me too.
testosterbone
AG
Going tonight, can't wait.
n_touch
Would be interesting to know the breakdown of pitches that were thrown and how far off from their target they were.
Mr.Bond
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Drew_Hill
Roof closed tonight?
Frok
AG
Drew_Hill said:

Roof closed tonight?

I almost want it open so balls travel further.
bearkatag15
AG
Ciboag96
Giles on the list
Farmer1906
AG
I'm nervous AF.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Definitely forgot deodorant today. Let's see if this pays off.
mwm
But he's the last name on that particular list and it is not in alphabetical order.
spadilly
S
Biggest game in franchise history. Let's do it.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Keuchel and peacock only today.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Giles on the list

Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I was too "lit" to complain about hinch last night, but it's perhaps the worst hinching of all time that occurred. He allowed runs in 6 of his last 7 appearances BEFORE last night.

Buck Compton
AG
Last night was tough to stomach in person. Every single person in my section knew what was going to happen in the 9th. As soon as we saw Giles warming up in the 8th, the guy behind me says, "we better score 3-4 more runs or this **** is over."

I'm just numb now. I was physically mad last night walking to the truck. I haven't even brought myself to read the ~800 posts here. Pretty frustrating night of batters looking tight under pressure.

But this team has fought back from every disappointment this season. They better have one more left in them. BTHO Kershaw and those morons from LA.
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
screw-tu
Ciboag96 said:

Giles on the list

At the bottom of it, at least. Better than nothing. We all want him off it.
First Page Last Page
Page 1433 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.