***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,313,021 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
gambochaman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ALL that homerun did was piss me off even more thinking it could have been a walkoff
Everyone but hinch knew that giles was going to blow that
Bonfired
AG
Well, that sucked.

Need DK to be an ace of aces tomorrow.
Always_Right
AG
Keuchel needs a complete game gem tomorrow.
All my hope is in Jesus, thank God my yesterday's gone.
n_touch
Where can we see the press conference?
astros4545
AG
cone said:

if you lose tomorrow you're losing the series

simple as that

Unless you win 6 and 7
mazag08
AG
n_touch said:

Where can we see the press conference?

Why you would want to watch that is beyond me. You know that stubborn piece of **** will only make excuses. He won't admit that his stupidity killed any chance of a win.
jopatura
AG
It's been on Facebook Live on the Houston Astros page every night.
rgt99
Keuchel wins tomorrow, Verlander mows them down in game 6 to stun the liberals!!!
Beat40
TXAG14 said:

He has been excellent this series leaving guys in to do their thing. Devo was rolling. I don't get it.

SO, I can see where Hinch would want to know if he had bounced back after game 2. With no one on is the best time to do that.

HOWEVER, if you decide to go that route, they should have stalled as long as possible after that walk and got Joe in without the runner on 3rd.
klsmith89
AG
That was ****ing infuriating. Hinch better cry himself to sleep tonight. Giles better not see the ball again in 2017
cone
AG
so to revisit my question from after game 2 that I caught so much **** for

is giles still your closer?

my response remains: nfw
AustinCountyAg
Updated team photo of Ken Giles :

n_touch
cone said:

NO
jopatura
AG
We should have been leading this game by 4 runs going into the 9th. Alex Wood is not a good pitcher. We've seen a lot of Morrow. Their bullpen was fried and their starter came out before 6 innings again. We should have made something out of that.
mazag08
AG
cone said:

He just earned himself another chance. Because apparently the World Series is the time to throw a guy out there so you don't hurt his feelings.
cone
AG
I suspect this will be over in 6, either way

this has been a good run, regardless
Ecce Homo
Someone find one of those "Stand up to Cancer" pages and write "Ken Giles" on it.
KC_Ag14
AG
I honestly hope that's the last time we see Giles in an Astros uniform period. Don't care what his contract is. Guy just doesn't have it. Mental midget that can simply throw a baseball hard. That's it.

See y'all tomorrow night. Need the best from DK and MMP tomorrow. Go Stros!
n_touch
Ecce Homo said:

Someone find one of those "Stand up to Cancer" pages and write "Ken Giles" on it.
I still think this was a turning point in the game. There was no reason for that to throw a pitcher out of his rhythm in the middle of an inning. It could have waited or been done at the beginning of the game. Guess Mastercard paid enough for it.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Frok said:

Probably would have won if we left Devo in

Should've would've could've, can't really do that in baseball in my opinion. You'll just leave yourself disappointed from it.
PoppaB05
AG
Luhnow knew we needed a closer, from all reports we had a deal for Britton done until the last minute. The owner of the Orioles reneged. F*** Peter Angelos. I'm so pissed. That was a huge opportunity. He tried his best to f*** up game 2, he totally f***** this one, Giles needs to be done. He's not a closer. This team is too good in all other areas to continue to run him out there.
jopatura
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Frok said:

Probably would have won if we left Devo in

Should've would've could've, can't really do that in baseball in my opinion. You'll just leave yourself disappointed from it.

Devo's been touched up quite a bit lately. He was missing pitches in the 8th but he was able to get out of it. There was no guarantee that anyone else could have done better. It's the ****ing WS, not scrub night on a Tuesday. The Dodgers were hungry and weren't going to go down without fighting.
Post removed:
by user
Wabs
AG
100% blame goes to Hinch and Luhnow. Hinch for being blind and dumb, Luhnow for not closing a trade to bolster the BP,
bearkatag15
AG
Probably no way Peacock is available tomorrow huh?
Beat40
The other thing. On Bellinger's first double, why in the world did they not just pump a curve down and in again?
jopatura
AG
Beat40 said:

The other thing. On Bellinger's first double, why in the world did they not just pump a curve down and in again?

Off Morton right? He tried and missed. His first bad pitch of the night.
Beat40
iBrad said:

Kershaw is prone to giving up the long ball, so yeah, tomorrow is definitely winnable. Need Keuchel to give us seven or eight solid innings and hope someone in the pen can pitch effectively.
The offense needs smart ABs. Especially Altuve. There have been some ABs where he has looked really bad in the World Series.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Updated team photo of Ken Giles :

jopatura
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Probably no way Peacock is available tomorrow huh?

Guessing not. I expect we see McHugh tomorrow even in a later inning situation. Peacock should be ready for Verlander's start.
Hugo Stiglitzz
I'd rather see JJ Watt on the mound, pitching on one leg, than Giles or Harris.
Beat40
jopatura said:

Beat40 said:

Yeah. I guess I am misremembering. I thought it was a fastball away and he didn't get it far enough outside. They've done that to Bellinger all series. Hammer the curve down and in, fast ball outside, come right back in with the curve.

Mortons curve is so good I would have tried to live there that AB.

Also, at least Giles could have thrown a dang slider down and in to Bellinger...
n_touch
Would rather them lose this game and win tomorrow. Win tomorrow and pull some momentum back going into LA.
Coby
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Love all the second guessing from the Texags keyboard managers who can predict every at bat and inning. If it was up to Texags, Springer and Marwin would have never played to get out of their mini slumps. The offense got 2 hits tonight, maybe the bigger issue.

Not much second guessing tonight. It was all first guessing. The decision didn't make much sense. He's pitched 6 times this post season and given up 7 ER before tonight. Hinch didn't even let him warm up last night!

And this all comes 1 night after everyone praised him to high heavens about going with what felt right and not over managing.

I'm glad you can be happy in tonight's loss, though.
titanmaster_race
Beat40 said:

jopatura said:

Beat40 said:

Yeah. I guess I am misremembering. I thought it was a fastball away and he didn't get it far enough outside. They've done that to Bellinger all series. Hammer the curve down and in, fast ball outside, come right back in with the curve.

Mortons curve is so good I would have tried to live there that AB.

Also, at least Giles could have thrown a dang slider down and in to Bellinger...

This. All the talking heads are yakking themselves about bellinger finding his stroke again when the only thing that changed was we inexplicably stopped throwing him breaking balls down and in.

So frustrating. He is an auto out if you go down and in with a slider or curve.
First Page Last Page
Page 1431 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.