***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,313,153 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
HossAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm so torn on whether to go to the A&M game or not.
Texaggie7nine
HossAg said:

I could have gone to the A&M game and tailgated in the RV lot. I could have gone to the WS, I had a ticket.

I'm going to a concert.

How lame am I.
7nine
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
No disrespect to anyone, but we need some more Jap plays - Bill Parcells

We are officially the United States of Butthurt
lead
Dude!
Texaggie7nine
I did go to the game last night, and probably sunday. So it's not like I missed my one chance to go to the WS.
7nine
n_touch
Texaggie7nine said:

I did go to the game last night, and probably sunday. So it's not like I missed my one chance to go to the WS.

Can I have your ticket so i dont miss my chance? I promise to be good and make no inapropriate gestures.
lead
Quote:

"But I think, like I said, everyone is available, and we've got Kersh (ace left-hander Clayton Kershaw) going Game 5. They'll be available. They'll be fine."

http://www.espn.com/mlb/preview?gameId=371028118
lead
Texaggie7nine said:

This is failed rationalization.
Texaggie7nine
n_touch said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Can I have your ticket so i dont miss my chance? I promise to be good and make no inapropriate gestures.
Sorry, already spoken for.
7nine
LB12Diamond
AG
Is he misses a WS game that is crazy.

He better not.

Can you only imagine at what is said on the sidelines of all major sports. I'm sure its all PC.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
DVC2010 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Who's going to the game today? I'll be a SRO wanderer. Wearing shorts and flip flops because that's what I wore to our other home wins.

Beers?

In the park or nearby? What time?

I'll be leaving clear lake around 2, and I'll be around the stadium somewhere...
McInnis
AG
It looks like Alex Wood had a great season. 16-3 record with a 2.72 era. But went on the DL and hasn't been the same since. He has the Dodger's only loss in post season prior to this series. Anyone have more info on him?
annie88
AG
Nino Brown said:

Ok thanks. Parents should teach their own children what is right and wrong. I think if the Astros did suspend it would to put the focus back on baseball with the damn media. Maybe I'm wrong. Glad Yuli isn't white. Enjoy your day

Oh I'm glad he's not white too. Of course this makes the SJW's have a little bit of a delimma because he's not white so they can't just be out right horrible about it. Shouldn't make a difference but it does.

I'm going to the A&M game tonight but will definitely be checking in on the WS score constantly. Go Astros!
irish pete ag06
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Who's going to the game today? I'll be a SRO wanderer. Wearing shorts and flip flops because that's what I wore to our other home wins.

Beers?

In
Texaggie7nine
Jebber said:

Is he misses a WS game that is crazy.

He better not.

Can you only imagine at what is said on the sidelines of all major sports. I'm sure its all PC.
I certainly don't think he should miss a game, but it needs to be made clear that what he did was wrong.

I know how un PC locker rooms are but when you are in the dug out, especially for the WS you should know you are being watched all game.

Imagine the asian kids that are astros fans watching and see that. I would feel pretty crappy if I were one.
7nine
cone
AG
Astros -225 for the series

-135 for tonight

last night was huge
ZEEB
AG
cone said:

what I really mean to say is you're a bleeding gash

I laughed
annie88
AG
Canyon99 said:

What great times we live in when this story is getting more press than the game. Start Yuli tonight and kick some more Dodger ass.

We are living in some sick and frightening times my friend. Just heard today that a church is taking down a plaque honoring George Washington IN a church that Washington actually attended because people are getting uncomfortable about it and feeling unsafe. How the **** a plaque can make someone feel unsafe is beyond me. We are through the damn Looking Glass now people. It's sad.
annie88
AG
I would feel pretty crappy if I were one.

Wow you would feel crappy if you were Asian? Isn't that racist?
Nino Brown
I think it would great if they hit him. Would fire up the Stros bats even more
texpdx
On the Alex wood loss.... I was at the Cubs game when he lost. Jake Arrieta was pitching for the Cubs and he pitched his ass off. Cubs scored off of 3 HRs but otherwise had no base runners. Wood pitched a great game but Arrieta matched him and kept the Dodgers offense in check. If I remember correctly Wood only made it through 5. If we can get the lead early and get 5-6 out of Morton I like our chances. Tonight is a must win for LA so Wood will be on a short leash and we have shown he can hit their pen.
irish pete ag06
AG
My prediction. Yuli us suspended. Enforced in 2018 season.

Hoping Charlie brings that curve tonight. I'm loving this tandem start stuff!
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Looks like I'll be avoiding this thread during the game tonight. Radio silence will start at 7pm to avoid the score of the Ags game. Recording them and won't watch a snap until the world series game is over.

Worked for game 7 of the ALCS so I'm sticking with this plan.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

My prediction. Yuli us suspended. Enforced in 2018 season.

Hoping Charlie brings that curve tonight. I'm loving this tandem start stuff!
Get 5 out of Morton and 3-4 out of McHugh.
astros4545
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Frok said:

How come it is okay to make fun of Altuve for being short but not okay to make fun of narrow eyes?

It's not a distinct racial feature. There are short people in all races.

So you think Asians have small eyes??

Racist!
annie88
AG
Safe at Home said:

Last night was the greatest thing to happen in the Astros 55 year history. And we're still talking about this? Sometimes I'm really worried about our country.

I actually think game two was A little "greater "
annie88
AG
BMX Bandit said:

tons of pre-game commentary was "this is a different Yu Darvish than Astros have faced in the past"

they were right. This Darvish sucked.

And we thank him for it
ClickClack
AG
Lots of credit to our fans in this article. Proud of this city and all of our part in this postseason run. It's being noticed how great an environment Minute Maid is for this team:

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/259937556/astros-improve-to-7-0-at-home-in-postseason/
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

HossAg said:

I could have gone to the A&M game and tailgated in the RV lot. I could have gone to the WS, I had a ticket.

I'm going to a concert.

How lame am I.
we understand.

McInnis
AG
Without game 2 last night wouldn't have been so special. But Astros have never been this close before.
rosco511
AG
Wow, just read that since statcast started measuring, there had been 18 balls hit with Springer's combo of exit velocity and launch angle and all were homeruns. His shot last night was the first one out of 19 that ended up as an out.
Mr.Bond
AG
Yulis next Homer

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

ClickClack
AG
rosco511 said:

Wow, just read that since statcast started measuring, there had been 18 balls hit with Springer's combo of exit velocity and launch angle and all were homeruns. His shot last night was the first one out of 19 that ended up as an out.

Roof would've blown off. Bad luck.
irish pete ag06
AG
I couldn't help but laugh at this when catching up on what I missed this morning...

That was when Taylor caught Springer's would have been grand slam to end the inning. Got a full surrender and the rare half cardiac cobra on the bottom left.

Also, about Springer's shot...

spadilly
S
Anyone know if Dicks locations have low profile WS hats in yet?
First Page Last Page
Page 1407 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.