***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,313,309 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Nino Brown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok
cone
AG
what I really mean to say is you're a bleeding gash
Hi, Im Brett
AG
titanmaster_race said:

themissinglink said:

So MLB has a team named the "Indians" and people want to suspend yuli for perpetuating a racial stereotype?

How can you as the MLB suspend yuli for the gesture if you promote this as the official logo for one of your teams?

AustinAg2K
Even if they suspend Yuli, he'll just appeal and it will get heard after the World Series, so he's going to play regardless. Most likely he gets fined and has to go to some sort of training.
cone
AG
loss
win
loss
win

the end
BowSowy
AG
TXAG14 said:

Won't be shocked if we see Kershaw tonight. Dave Roberts might feel a little panicked and see tonight as a must win.

I would LOVE if they pitched Kershaw tonight. A lot of his past playoff struggles had a lot to do with pitching on short rest.
Ecce Homo
Newsflash, nobody really cares about the eye thing, everyone just think we have to care. Asian people have slanted eyes, it's not an insult. If some dude was making fun of Yuli and put a pineapple on top of his head it wouldn't be an insult.

Hes going to rake tonight, the stros will go up 3-1, Darvish will eat a bland dinner and will be hungry again in 30 mins.
Nino Brown
Ok thanks. Parents should teach their own children what is right and wrong. I think if the Astros did suspend it would to put the focus back on baseball with the damn media. Maybe I'm wrong. Glad Yuli isn't white. Enjoy your day
Ag_07
AG
One thing is for sure...Yuli's translator needs to be fired.
aTm2004
AG
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
coastalAg
AG
I could see us agreeing to sit him one game with no appeal to try and make this go away. I don't like it, but if a suspension is appealed until next season then the media won't let it go. They are like a dog with a bone. We may not want to deal with the distraction the rest of the series.

I hope we tell MLB to shove it though
cone
AG
wait

glad he's not white?

get this racist trash outta here, mods
TrillOBrien
AG
Do y'all think the Dodgers take a shot at Yuli tonight?
BowSowy
AG
coastalAg said:

I could see us agreeing to sit him one game with no appeal to try and make this go away. I don't like it, but if a suspension is appealed until next season then the media won't let it go. They are like a dog with a bone. We may not want to deal with the distraction the rest of the series.

I hope we tell MLB to shove it though

You really think the media would continue to hammer this story through the postseason? It's a talking point today but this will Be quickly forgotten. Also, LOL@ the idea of sitting him to get pressure off your back.
TrillOBrien
AG
Nino Brown said:

Ok thanks. Parents should teach their own children what is right and wrong. I think if the Astros did suspend it would to put the focus back on baseball with the damn media. Maybe I'm wrong. Glad Yuli isn't white. Enjoy your day
You probably shouldn't shoot yourself in the foot when trying to look like a saint
themissinglink
AG
titanmaster_race said:

themissinglink said:

So MLB has a team named the "Indians" and people want to suspend yuli for perpetuating a racial stereotype?

How can you as the MLB suspend yuli for the gesture if you promote this as the official logo for one of your teams?

Good call. And I almost forgot about the Atlanta Braves...

astros4545
AG
TrillOBrien said:

You really think any of the players give a flying ****?!?!
astros4545
AG
From 2003

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sfgate.com/politics/amp/Shaq-s-Apology-Not-Good-Enough-2640506.php
themissinglink
AG
TrillOBrien said:

Why not? It's cheaper than pitching to him. If you plunk him, he only gets to first base.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
please stop
TXAG14
TrillOBrien said:

No. This isn't a regular season game. Base runners are at a premium. They aren't going to give us a free base over stupid **** like this.
JABQ04
AG
MLB needs to put Yuli and Yu in a room and they can either hug it out, talk it over or fight it out. Once they come out of the room its over. Jesus Christ, the person he was referencing is the least offended one out there. SJW need to get a ****ing life and stay the **** out of business that doesn't pertain to them
Nino Brown
That is my point
DVC2010
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Who's going to the game today? I'll be a SRO wanderer. Wearing shorts and flip flops because that's what I wore to our other home wins.

Beers?

In the park or nearby? What time?
McInnis
AG
Last night was the greatest thing to happen in the Astros 55 year history. And we're still talking about this? Sometimes I'm really worried about our country.
n_touch
TrillOBrien said:

Have the benches ever cleared in a WS game? We are in the middle if earn history and been putting up historical numbers, no need to stop now.
Farmer1906
AG
Nino Brown said:

Loved Darvish response. Astros should squash this **** real fast and just sit Yuli tonight. Don't throw gasoline on the fire
Why in the hell would they do that voluntarily?
Farmer1906
AG
TrillOBrien said:

Free baserunner and it lights a fire under our ass? Yes, please!
HossAg
AG
I hope so
cone
AG
and y'all call me a troll

i'm Just a black cloud that's trying to lift
Texaggie7nine
cone said:

and y'all call me a troll

i'm Just a black cloud that's trying to lift
I dunno. I still prefer dumb takes to chicken little takes.
7nine
cone
AG
tough but fair
bmocag
AG
I'm really tired of the pc crap. He was having a conversation and nobody knows what was in his heart when it happened. If he meant it as a dig at Darvish....he would have been at the rails in the dugout, and he would have made sure that Darvish saw it. If you look hard enough.......you can twist almost anything into a racist narrative. Unfortunately the media goes out of their way to do just that.

Frok
AG
How come it is okay to make fun of Altuve for being short but not okay to make fun of narrow eyes?

Texaggie7nine
Frok said:

How come it is okay to make fun of Altuve for being short but not okay to make fun of narrow eyes?

It's not a distinct racial feature. There are short people in all races.
7nine
First Page Last Page
Page 1406 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.