***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,313,415 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If MLB wants this to be blown out of proportion, they'll suspend him. Otherwise, make a statement that it was a in the heat of the moment,, wasn't intended to offend anyone, and that he's learned from his mistakes and fricken move on. Sounds like he's already apologized and Darvish is down playing it.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Yuli is gonna get suspended. This loss will be immeasurable.
HossAg
AG
Calm your tits
astros4545
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

You are so much more Nuke Laloosh than Crash Davis
CW Griswold
I doubt it if Yuli plays it right. Stand firm that the league doesn't understand Cuban culture.

He can make it appear the league is racist by suspending him.
annie88
AG
astros4545 said:

annie88 said:

DWhy the **** does everything have to do with racism these days? What a stupid ******* thing for him to do I don't care if it was in the dugout now that's all the series is gonna be about the racist Astros, the racist Astros, thank God really hes not an a white American but *******it I'm so sick of racism playing a part in every ******* thing these days. Football, baseball every damn thing every damn day is about racism. He did a dumb thing I think I would definitely sit him tomorrow. course nobody cares that he came from Cuba and has a different culture himself. God I'm so sick of this racism bull**** everywhere

You would sit him?!?!

What a ***?
Lighten up Francis. If they don't I'm fine with it but my point is in today's ******* world where everything is about racism they're gonna make this such a big issue is going to overshadow the game blah blah blah. I just wish the **** he hadn't done it I'm sure he does now too I just saw his apology that he issued and I do hope that people realize he's from Cuba and he has a different view of things. I also saw Yus statement and he's trying to downplay it too but it's too late in this ****ing moronic world we live in now.

But this is what really rallies up the ****ing liberal media including the sports world and I guarantee you're going to hear about this all ******* day tomorrow Instead of focusing on the good win, so I was thinking maybe just for that and taking all the attention away from the team and his teammates and this falling on him maybe sitting wouldn't be the worst thing. This world is too ******* sensitive as it is. I just hate that it's going to overshadow the series at this point. But hopefully will just come out strong and win tomorrow.
MelvinUdall
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Umm, given the Astros and most teams are about analytics, I am fairly certain it is measureable. Also, don't be such a b****.
annie88
AG
CW Griswold said:

I doubt it if Yuli plays it right. Stand firm that the league doesn't understand Cuban culture.

He can make it appear the league is racist by suspending him.
It could be a very ironic situation actually. All the snowflakes today are constantly *****ing about how racist of all the white people are ans Americans are but he's not from America and he's Cuban he doesn't even speak English well enough to say his statement in English. So where are they going to get off between defending cultures and downing white people. Somehow it twists into the Astros are racist and evil white people again, like when they kept calling George Zimmerman a white Hispanic. You just watch all the hoops to jump through tomorrow.

It's just a shame it had to overshadow such a good win in a positive feeling. I know he probably feels horrible now wishes he hadn't done it because when it takes away from your teammates that's when it really sucks. 10 years ago this probably wouldn't even of been an issue but in today's ******* bull**** world it does sadly. And I ****ing hate it it does.

I just hope will be a regular game tomorrow this will blow over and will keep on winning not have to go back to Los Angeles
MAROON
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

There is not a chance in the world he gets suspended - go to sleep Francis
Beat40
The problem is this won't blow over. If the league suspends him, the story will still continue because it won't be as long as some think. There are literally people calling for the league to BAN him or suspend him for the remainder of the series.

If they don't suspend him, it will be even worse.

Darvish made his he's human comment, but then in another interview said the league should punish him. That will add fuel to the fire.

Honestly, it's hard to see how he isn't suspended for one game in this age.
annie88
AG
MAROON said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

There is not a chance in the world he gets suspended - go to sleep Francis
In today's ****ed up everything is racist PC world yeah there is more than a chance. But we will see I hope not but seeing the bull**** out there every day and the constant calls of racism you're Very optimistic.
Beat40
To add to my previous post, currently one of the top headlines on ESPN is about Yuli apologizing for mocking Darvish. Hard to see this going away by game time tomorrow.
MOCO9
AG
dmtoney said:

This may not help things
Of course he was shocked, normal people with happy lives don't take offense to this kinda thing
MAROON
AG
All the talking heads on MLB.com basically said it was a non event (WHICH IT IS) - nothing going to come of it.
mAgnoliAg
AG
jopatura said:

Apparently Yuli admitted to calling him "chino" since that's what they say in Cuba. That translation was awful. Sounds like someone hit speech-to-text, didn't proof and threw up the screenshot on twitter.

We have a Mexican co-worker with slim eyes and all the guys call him in chino. It's a thing and it's not an insult like *****
annie88
AG
MOCO9 said:

dmtoney said:

This may not help things
Of course he was shocked, normal people with happy lives don't take offense to this kinda thing
Since when is the liberal media normal or happy?
DVC2010
AG
I don't understand. I thought Latinos were a more oppressed class than Asians and therefore the former could not offend the latter.

I'm going on the record right now: Yuli is still one of my favorite players on this team. An insensitive but harmless joke doesn't change that. I hope he gets three hits tomorrow.
screw-tu
Reading LA Times. Bil Plaschke such a whining little beech. Says Yuli should be "suspended immediately ". How these people get and hold these jobs blows my mind. Yes, I'm a dumb*** for ever reading it, but I relish Dodger tears.
Beat40
For how long? Did he say?
screw-tu
He was only saying he was hoping for a suspension. I'm sure his beech ass would want the remainder of the series. Plaschke a poster child for liberal f****t media
Beat40
Yeah, I went and read it and saw he didn't specify. If he does get suspended, he gave himself room to say the suspension was too much or too little depending upon public opinion.
klsmith89
AG
I ****ing love Yuli.

What a win today at home. Now let's go get 2 more!
Proc92
I thought racism could only be by those with power over the other. What power does a Cuban have over a half Japanese? Maybe a insult, but not racism. Unless the term just floats around blows with the wind.
JYDog90
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I like the language that Ken Rosenthall chose and it seems to me to signal where this is going. There's no indication that Manfred's meeting with Yuli is official. No "Manfred has called a meeting with Yuli," just he will "speak with him."

I think this is going to be a "Yuli and I spoke this morning and he's truly sorry for his actions and understands the cultural context in which he acted are different. He has asked for forgiveness from Yu and he will learn from this and move on." Ten minutes later, Yuli will announce he's making a $50,000 donation to some interest group and move on.
BMX Bandit
nhayden said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Umm, given the Astros and most teams are about analytics, I am fairly certain it is measureable. Also, don't be such a b****.
Nuke's level of insufferableness cannot be measured.
cone
AG
HOU -122
BMX Bandit
tons of pre-game commentary was "this is a different Yu Darvish than Astros have faced in the past"

they were right. This Darvish sucked.
maca1028
Fox Sports site...nothing
http://www.foxsports.com
MLB...very small mention
https://www.mlb.com
And of course espn the Facebook of sports media, you don't have to scroll far...
http://www.espn.com
If any one is going to blow this out of proportion it will be espn. This is the same group that pulled an Asian American from the booth because his name was Robert Lee and admitted it in doing so! Hell, they wouldn't even make Lee available for a comment at the time! If that's not racist I don't know what is.
cone
AG
now the Doyers are back on the right side of history

great

and it arcs towards justice

great
BMX Bandit
Its mentioned prominently also on:

yahoo
cbssports
si

cone
AG
so what do you think?

suspended for game 4?
BMX Bandit
make him do an essay on "The Last Samurai"
agsquirrel97
AG
You know how people say, "going to the World Series is a once in a lifetime event, Cherish it!"

Yeah, well those people don't have friends like me. I'm Going To Game 4!!!!!

I am gonna be 20 something rows behind Nolan Ryan.

In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
Buttermaker
AG
If he's suspended for this, what BS. Was it wrong, yes, but give me a break.
cone
AG
so I got you down as a not suspended vote

good cuz you're papa texags and you know stuff
First Page Last Page
Page 1404 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.