***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,313,448 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
screw-tu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank God Yu is not openly gay. Otherwise, the LGBT would have us forfeit the entire damn series. SJW's and social media sucks so hard.
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
For some reason, I'm thinking a bunch of white women from LA (the not hot kind) are way more upset about this than any genuine "China."
StaffRat
AG
Pull your eyes back, roll your r's, have a lazy tounge, punch each other in the nuts. It's what guys do. Let guys be guys. Take your sjw sheet to Harvard. Let us live our lives.
Farmer1906
AG
StaffRat
AG
See the above.
Frok
AG
Just make him apologize and move on. Enough of this stupid SJW crap, let's play ball.
Coby
AG
Let's shift the narrative. If we're all about cultural relativism, then we're unfairly applying American PC culture to someone from a culture with completely different values. We should celebrate our differences in values, not suspend or fine people for acting them out.

Sure, this crumbles when it stands up to logic, but so does almost everything else about that ideology.
Cappy407
AG
The only people up in arms about this are black's and whites. Just skimmed a bunch of comments on the internet and don't see any Latins or Asians even commenting on it.

So you remember when in America, every Asian was "Chinese"? Same thing still exists in Cuba and Puerto Rico. It's not like there's bunch of Asians in Cuba fighting for cultural sensitivity over there. The guy didn't mean any disrespect, and there was certainly no malice. Educate him and move on.
maca1028
Reading the comments below Rosenthals tweet makes me want to fight somebody.
Ag_07
AG
If he did it in the dugout IDGAF.

Now if he ran the bases making fun of Yu then it'd be an issue. In the dugout whatever.
CW Griswold
F*** apologies. Yu should make some joke about Cuban boat people and then move on. No one is cool anymore though.
dcaggie04
AG
If Yuli is suspended, it should only be half a game since he only made fun of half of Yu.
Buck Compton
AG
That is one of the worst translations in history. It's "chinita", not "china" - among other things and general typos.
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Negating a Harvard education because of your hatred for a political party is exceptionally ignorant, but I applaud your epically failed attempt at a straw man.
iBrad
AG
maca1028 said:

A guy I worked with used to say, "imagine a guy of average intelligence, and then realize that about half the population is dumber than him." I'll add to that and say that most of those people are on twitter and posting in the comment sections of articles. Do yourself a favor and just ignore the stupidity.
BowSowy
AG
maca1028 said:

Ha, never read twitter replies. Take the dumbest people in society and put them in a barrel, scrape the bottom of that barrel and you have the people who reply on twitter.
jopatura
AG
Apparently Yuli admitted to calling him "chino" since that's what they say in Cuba. That translation was awful. Sounds like someone hit speech-to-text, didn't proof and threw up the screenshot on twitter.
maca1028
iBrad said:

maca1028 said:

A guy I worked with used to say, "imagine a guy of average intelligence, and then realize that about half the population is dumber than him." I'll add to that and say that most of those people are on twitter and posting in the comment sections of articles. Do yourself a favor and just ignore the stupidity.

LOL, I think I asked myself about 5 different times, "why are you reading this?"
astros4545
AG
Rangers pitcher

Jake Diekman on twitter

"Gurriel that's trash"

Rangers butthurt overflowing
Ag_07
AG
WGAS...Sit him for a game.

We'll beat these hippy ass tofu eating pot smoking liberal ass wannabees without Yuli anyways.
maca1028
I usually don't...alcohol made me do it.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Ag_07 said:

WGAS...Sit him for a game.

We'll beat these hippy ass tofu eating pot smoking liberal ass wannabees without Yuli anyways.

No dude. No.
n_touch
I may be wrong but when did they allow crying in baseball?
titanmaster_race
themissinglink said:

So MLB has a team named the "Indians" and people want to suspend yuli for perpetuating a racial stereotype?

How can you as the MLB suspend yuli for the gesture if you promote this as the official logo for one of your teams?

astros4545
AG
I haven't even seen Yuli mentioned on TV, only on twitter

this will blow over
annie88
AG
Why the **** does everything have to do with racism these days? What a stupid ******* thing for him to do I don't care if it was in the dugout now that's all the series is gonna be about the racist Astros, the racist Astros, thank God really hes not an a white American but *******it I'm so sick of racism playing a part in every ******* thing these days. Football, baseball every damn thing every damn day is about racism. He did a dumb thing I think I would definitely sit him tomorrow. course nobody cares that he came from Cuba and has a different culture himself. God I'm so sick of this racism bull**** everywhere
Ag_07
AG
Forget all this BS

Our manager loves a good bar brawl and our 1Bman is a biggot.

Bottom line is we just have to win 2 more, with 2 starts by Keuchel and Verlander.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I like our chances to win a World Championship.

Oh yeah..To hell with cone.
titanmaster_race
astros4545 said:

I haven't even seen Yuli mentioned on TV, only on twitter

this will blow over

Mentioned it on the fs1 postgame...
titanmaster_race
Worried that even if he's not suspended this will affect Yuli's performance. Maybe even stoke a fire in the dodgers as well.
n_touch
titanmaster_race said:

Worried that even if he's not suspended this will affect Yuli's performance. Maybe even stoke a fire in the dodgers as well.

Same with the Stros if they suspend him
astros4545
AG
Eyes aren't even racist

Every race has eyes

This is stupid
astros4545
AG
annie88 said:

Why the **** does everything have to do with racism these days? What a stupid ******* thing for him to do I don't care if it was in the dugout now that's all the series is gonna be about the racist Astros, the racist Astros, thank God really hes not an a white American but *******it I'm so sick of racism playing a part in every ******* thing these days. Football, baseball every damn thing every damn day is about racism. He did a dumb thing I think I would definitely sit him tomorrow. course nobody cares that he came from Cuba and has a different culture himself. God I'm so sick of this racism bull**** everywhere

You would sit him?!?!

What a ***?
CW Griswold
Agreed. Don't sit him, don't apologize. In this SJW infested world never show weakness in your public image. When **** like this happens either own it and double down, attack your opponent, obfuscate, or lie about your intentions.

There is no good that ever comes from apologizing.
Memphis 7
Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

As someone who is way more liberal than you crazy ass conservative ****s, suspending Yuli for that would be totally absurd. It was clear we had been hitting Japanese pitchers like ****, so he decided to have a little fun with it. I work for a Japanese company and we have tons of Japanese nationals in our office. If us crackers in our office ever did what Yuli did they'd laugh and make fun at how we lack peripheral vision. While its a bit insensitive, its not nearly insensitive enough to warrant suspension.

I don't think you know what liberal means anymore...
titanmaster_race
CW Griswold said:

Agreed. Don't sit him, don't apologize. In this SJW infested world never show weakness in your public image. When **** like this happens either own it and double down, attack your opponent, obfuscate, or lie about your intentions.

There is no good that ever comes from apologizing.

Spoken like a true Griswold
First Page Last Page
Page 1403 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.