***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,313,435 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Moving forward in the future I think we should all keep our eyes wide open for this type of behavior so it wont happen again.

DirtyMikesBoys
AG
It's sad to me how much people pimp these type of things out for clicks. People who like to hear themselves talk love that this happened, but what does blowing it up accomplish? Actually nothing. If he was racist, does making this the storyline make him less racist? No. Does it make it like it didn't happen? No.
jr15aggie
AG
Enough of this offended crap... God bless the wives that let us men celebrate the right way tonight!
Agmaniacmike12
jr15aggie said:

Enough of this offended crap... God bless the wives that let us men celebrate the right way tonight!
I'll drink to that. Hopping on for some drunk Rocket League?
titanmaster_race
A yuli suspension is the 1 thing that could turn the tide of the series in LA's favor.

Yuli is a dumbass for doing it, but to suspend a guy for doing something when he was in the dugout (and not seeking attention) is crazy. I mean, Reddick pulled down his pants and showed full on dick on live tv in the dugout earlier this season. He didn't get punished for exposing himself on national tv. (I know thats not the same situation as Yuli, just pointing out how players act differently when they have (or think they have) some privacy. Doesn't excuse what Yuli actually did, but hopefully it will insulate him from a suspension.
Ag_07
AG
What did Yuli do? Someone help me out.
Coppell97
AG
Ag_07 said:

What did Yuli do? Someone help me out.
made fun of Darvish in dugout and it was caught on TV.
jopatura
AG
Slanted his eyes in the dugout with his fingers and called Yu a "chinito". Cameras were dialed close up on Yuli and he didn't realize it.
R-Dog
AG
You can't suspend him when you can't even be sure what he was really doing or what message he was trying to convey.

What if he was trying to say Darvish (or Japanese pitchers in general) had owned him? There's probably a better way to convey that message, but that's hardly a suspendable offense
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
On another note, this Fox panel is the funniest sports show I have ever seen.
Cappy407
AG
CorpsAg11 said:

In Hispanic countries they are very blunt about race
They call their black friends "negro / negra" and their asian friends "chinito / chinita" and no one cares. He should apologize and everyone should move on.

Yup. Same in Asian communities.
E
AG
Holy crap, Yuli isn't going to be suspended!
CW Griswold
Draymond Green is a whiny little bi*** and needs to stfu about Bob McNair.

Of wait, wrong sports social justice topic.

All sports topics are social justice related so I can't help but mix them up.
Memphis 7
Lol. I just saw this. It wasnt directed at yu. This will be the biggest dumbest suspension ever.. but it will happen.
iBrad
AG
What I've learned from listening to all of the pro anthem kneelers is that freedom of speech shouldn't have repercussions. Yuli was just exercising his rights. Rights he didn't have in his home country.
jr15aggie
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

jr15aggie said:

Dang man... I'd hop on too but I have to work early tomorrow. Small business owner has to do it all sometimes.
n_touch
jr15aggie said:

Agmaniacmike12 said:

jr15aggie said:

Dang man... I'd hop on too but I have to work early tomorrow. Small business owner has to do it all sometimes.

Aint that the truth
Coppell97
AG
I expect a suspension in today's crazy world. Plus, the bad thing is it takes away from the dialogue about the Astros' awesome play today. Further, if he's suspended it gives the Dodgers an unneeded advantage (just what MLB probably wants). And it is also something the Dodgers can use to fire themselves up whether justified or not. I don't like this.
jjdad1111
FS1 on rewind?
EastCoastAgNc
AG

This may not help things
Coppell97
AG
What if he's not suspended but Hinch decides not to play him based on "manager's decision"?
Coppell97
AG
This = suspension
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
As someone who is way more liberal than you crazy ass conservative ****s, suspending Yuli for that would be totally absurd. It was clear we had been hitting Japanese pitchers like ****, so he decided to have a little fun with it. I work for a Japanese company and we have tons of Japanese nationals in our office. If us crackers in our office ever did what Yuli did they'd laugh and make fun at how we lack peripheral vision. While its a bit insensitive, its not nearly insensitive enough to warrant suspension.
BowSowy
AG
Then Hinch is the dumbest mother****er alive
Coppell97
AG
We don't disagree with you, but this is solely Roger Goodell's decision right now.
bearkatag15
AG
Ken Rosenthal was just on MLB Network being asked about the outcome of this... He said situations like this in the past have resulted in teams suspending a player, however he said he highly doubts the Astros or the MLB would suspend Yuli in the middle of the World Series.
iBrad
AG
That was either poorly translated or poorly typed.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Roger Goodell's
I think you have the wrong league
Coppell97
AG
Coppell97
AG
AGnCS said:

Quote:

Roger Goodell's
I think you have the wrong league

yes notice the sarcasm sunglasses
Ag12thman
AG
I feel like a suspension is coming. Just have a bad feeling.
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
Lol the term "Chinas" doesn't seem like it would have a lot of alternate translations.
iBrad
AG
Moral of the story: if you don't want to get made fun of, don't get chased in the second.
bearkatag15
AG
In the crazy world where the MLB suspends Yuli for game 4, do we get to add a replacement player? Like a Tyler White?
themissinglink
AG
So MLB has a team named the "Indians" and people want to suspend yuli for perpetuating a racial stereotype?
First Page Last Page
Page 1402 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.