***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,313,725 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
third coast.. said:

Stupid **** reporter asking about yulis racist gesture
Presser? I'm watching FS1.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
mm98 said:

Kashchei said:

Was it just me, or was the Dodgers' body language at the end of the game pretty bad? They looked beaten.

They haven't really faced any adversity all post season. And I agree they looked more defeated than pissed.
They did have a hella long losing streak.
Agmaniacmike12
Kershaw is as good as it gets, but I like our shot with his penchant for homers in the playoffs. We're putting together at bats and Minute Maid Park could be a major factor in getting to him.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
third coast.. said:

What was the answer to the question...I'm curious.
spadilly
S
third coast.. said:

What'd he say? I'm watching the FS1 postgame
Mathguy64
AG
WelchAg said:

Coppell97 said:

I expect Dodgers to pull out Kershaw tomorrow

The way Roberts has wet himself so far, I fully expect this.

I think it's 50/50. And if he does he really paints himself in a corner. Either he has to roll everybody back on short rest with a pen that's over used and he has to potentially use Kershaw again in game 7 short a second time or he uses Kershaw short then comes back with his #4 against Keuchel and he has a bad matchup and he still is forced to short Kershaw twice.
Pahdz
This interview with Peacock on MLB is greatness
champagnepapi
Gig em!
W
AG
c'mon MLB network...get a 4th chair on the set for the Astro guest
W
AG
Dodgers used 18 players tonight.

Astros used 11
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
A thing is happening.

HUGE props to hinch for sticking with peacock tonight. HUGE.
Farmer1906
AG
Pahdz said:

This interview with Peacock on MLB is greatness
"I didn't know if I was making the team out of Spring Training"

So great.
W
AG
also...the DH doesn't help the Dodgers -- don't have a quality 9th hitter
n_touch
I think they hold Kershaw for Sunday. You brong him on short rest and he gets crushed the rest of the team falls apart.
JDUB08AG
AG
Roberts thought he was still subject to NL rules
CoachRTM
AG
I think Kershaw in game 4 on short rest would be an awful decision for the Dodgers.

1. His numbers on short rest are pretty bad
2. You are guaranteed to be able to give him the ball in Game 5.

The ONLY arguments in favor of pitching him are :
1. Afraid of the momentum of what 3-1 would be.
2. Could potentially pitch him again in game 7 on short rest.

If it was a potential series clinching game and you could run the risk of not pitching him again, I could get it.
Aggie95
AG
j_davis01 said:

Does LA go with Kershaw tomorrow??

honestly, that would go down as one of the worst decisions in World Series history.

We have Morton going tomorrow. Slight pitching advantage to Dodgers tomorrow (knowing neither pitcher is going deep)

If Kershaw goes tomorrow and the Dodgers lose, the series is over.
R-Dog
AG
My chubby is as big as anybody's but let's tap the brakes a bit. 2-1 lead is great and they are not trotting Kershaw out there tomorrow. They need 3 wins and their chances are better with Kershaw once on regular rest than twice on short rest (which he would be if they had thoughts of bringing him back for game 7).

Even if we obliterate Wood tomorrow, he'd be out of the game as fast as Darvish tonight and we can't keep leaving a dozen guys on base and expect to hang on to a 3-4 run lead for 6 or 7 innings. Bullpen has pitched pretty good but the Dodgers are a great team. Need to keep our foot on the gas and break their spirit.

All that being said, so pleased with how we:ve played and pitched so far. Win tomorrow and it will completely lit for Sunday night with Keuchel on the mound.

Post removed:
by user
Mr.Bond
AG
I don't know what it means but.....

DILLY DILLY MOTHA FUC*AS!!!!!
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Seemingly little **** like throwing out puig at 2nd were ****ing enormous tonight
Canyon99
AG
Yuli is a foreign born player. He can't be racist. Problem solved and move on to the next game.
StaffRat
AG
Is Mark Berman one of the little people?
McInnis
AG
I'm standing in line trying to get out of MinuteMaid and would love someone to tell me WHAT YULI DID!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Hinch just said he's gonna release an apology later.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Canyon99 said:

Yuli is a foreign born player. He can't be racist. Problem solved and move on to the next game.
Yes its america, minorities can't be racist! Move along MLB
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
dmtoney said:

Missed that
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Safe at Home said:

I'm standing in line trying to get out of MinuteMaid and would love someone to tell me WHAT YULI DID!
http://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/Astros-Yuli-Gurriel-mock-Dodgers-Yu-Darvish-eyes-12313171.php?utm_campaign=twitter-desktop&utm_source=CMS%20Sharing%20Button&utm_medium=social
Aggie95
AG
Quote:

My chubby is as big as anybody's but let's tap the brakes a bit. 2-1 lead is great and they are not trotting Kershaw out there tomorrow. They need 3 wins and their chances are better with Kershaw once on regular rest than twice on short rest (which he would be if they had thoughts of bringing him back for game 7).
True. I love the 2-1 lead but even before the game started I was saying no matter what happens tonight, Game 4 is the bigger game. We can just play with more confidence tomorrow.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

dmtoney said:

Missed that
Presser here: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1OwxWMBOgwjGQ
StaffRat
AG
I got banned for posting a picture of a nearly nude woman with peacock body paintings on her boobs. How was your night?
Farmer1906
AG
Aggie95 said:

Quote:

True. I love the 2-1 lead but even before the game started I was saying no matter what happens tonight, Game 4 is the bigger game. We can just play with more confidence tomorrow.
You see what Peacocks heater did? Charlie is going to throw a bunch of fastballs. I give us the edge tomorrow.
DBill
AG
dmtoney said:

Safe at Home said:

http://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/Astros-Yuli-Gurriel-mock-Dodgers-Yu-Darvish-eyes-12313171.php?utm_campaign=twitter-desktop&utm_source=CMS%20Sharing%20Button&utm_medium=social

This makes me like Yuli a little more. Lol......
lead
Buck Compton said:

Anyone who is worried about McCullers should re-think things. We always say we don't know which LAnce we are going to get... Well look in the playoffs, even in 2015 against the Royals.

On the big stage, you get the big Lance. 6.2 IP, 2R, 4H, 2BB tonight is my prediction. And you would take that right now if it was guaranteed.

Not too far off: 5.1IP, 3R, 4H, 4BB

I definetly wouldn't have believed if you projected Peacock to go 3.2 with no hits.
First Page Last Page
Page 1399 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.