***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,314,133 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Hulla Baller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do we know if the roof is going to be closed? I am going to be pissed if it is open at all for these three games.
Texaggie7nine
TrillOBrien said:

archangelus2 said:

Just saw Marlin's man standing outside mmp with his gold digger. Early bird gets the worm I guess.
where does this guy get his money from
He's a Worker's Comp lawyer in Miami. Says he does most of his work on the plane and hotels while he travels.
7nine
Wizard
titanmaster_race
Closed tonight, conflicting reports for sat and sun
Texaggie7nine
Closed all 3 days.
7nine
Ag_07
AG
He's a big shot lawyer

Said he travels 300+ days a year and works from his hotel room. Sometimes he brings 'friends' along and sometimes he's solo.

When I grow up I wanna be Marlins Man.
R-Dog
AG
My concern is that LMJ probably can't go more than 6 innings and then we are turning it over to the dumpster fire.

Can't help but wonder if it would have been better to start Peacock or McHugh and see if you can get just 4 innings from them and then see if LMJ can take it the rest of the way like in game 7 of the LCS.

Say he gets you to the 7th with a 4-2 lead. Those are going to be 9 heart attack outs we'll have to get.

ClickClack
AG
Wizard said:

This was discussed at length a few pages back and it will be open for all 3 games.

You are not a wizard.
Texaggie7nine
Ag_07 said:

He's a big shot lawyer

Said he travels 300+ days a year and works from his hotel room. Sometimes he brings 'friends' along and sometimes he's solo.

When I grow up I wanna be Marlins Man.
He's like the grown up version of Red Hat Guy.
7nine
ClickClack
AG
R-Dog said:

My concern is that LMJ probably can't go more than 6 innings and then we are turning it over to the dumpster fire.

Can't help but wonder if it would have been better to start Peacock or McHugh and see if you can get just 4 innings from them and then see if LMJ can take it the rest of the way like in game 7 of the LCS.

Say he gets you to the 7th with a 4-2 lead. Those are going to be 9 heart attack outs we'll have to get.

And look what happened to the Dodgers bullpen against us. And the Yankees in games 6 & 7.

It's the World Series, anytime you have a lead it's going to be cheek clenching until the last out.
AustinCountyAg
ClickClack said:

Wizard said:

This was discussed at length a few pages back and it will be open for all 3 games.

You are not a wizard.

I'm pretty sure he gave the wrong information on purpose
DVC2010
AG
R-Dog said:

How is this different from getting 4 from Lance and letting McHugh and/or Peacock close it out?
Frok
AG
R-Dog said:

After McCullers performance in game 7 you HAVE to go with him.
Ag_07
AG
Don't forget about McHugh

If Lance only gives us 5 or 6 I expect McHugh to get the ball and pick up the slack.
coastalAg
AG
R-Dog said:

I am fine handing the ball to McHugh in that scenario. He was excellent against the Yankees. I also think mentally, he doesnt get shaken like some other guys.
AustinCountyAg
coastalAg said:

R-Dog said:

I am fine handing the ball to McHugh in that scenario. He was excellent against the Yankees. I also think mentally, he doesnt get shaken like some other guys.
R-Dog
AG
I am certainly not saying I don't want LMJ to pitch...I just think

Peacock/McHugh for first 4 innings
McCullers for last 5

is a better scenario than

McCullers for first 6
Harris/Gregersuck/Giles, etc trying to get the last 9 outs in a tight game

At least if Peacock or McHugh struggle a bit, you have time to make it up as well it would still be against the starter instead of trying to make it up late against their bullpen. I just don't think we can expect to light their bullpen up like game 2 on a regular basis.
Frok
AG
McHugh has pitched one time this post season and it was when we were losing by 8. Yes he pitched well but it was a very low leverage situation.

Meanwhile McCullers has pitched 3 times in high leverage situations and has done well. You go with him and hope he keeps it up.
titanmaster_race
AustinCountyAg said:

coastalAg said:

R-Dog said:

Ag_07
AG
Gregerson hasn't pitched in forever. I don't expect him to get he ball in a tight game.

Harris has actually been pretty good lately. He was nails in working out of that jam in Game 2.

Giles while not automatic is effective more times than not.

I'd expect if Lance goes 6+ I think we'll see some combo of Harris, Devo, Musgrove, Giles. Which I'm fine with
Beat40
I agree. And honestly, I'm not terribly concerned with Giles as long as he's only getting 3 outs. He can go hard for 3 outs instead of trying to conserve for 6.
NotGibbs
I really expected him to come in to close out game 2. I wasn't happy about it, but I was pretty surprised they trotted Devo out there to get the last 3
coastalAg
AG
McHugh has also started two postseason games(both on the road) and pitched pretty well. He has been rock solid for us every step of the way during the transition from perennial loser until now. He had a sub 3 ERA this season after returning from inury. Why are people so quick to discount him?
E
AG
Giles needs to not pitch more then one inning or pitch after sitting between innings. it seems he has been terrible once he has to go to the dugout then come back out 10 mins later
HossAg
AG
Peacock starting is a terrible idea. I feel good about McCullers.
Ag_07
AG
Always been that way.

He won 19 games for us in 2015 and lots of people still didn't consider him a solid #2 pitcher.

He quietly goes out and gives consistent, productive outings.
coastalAg
AG
That being said, if Lance pitches well and goes 6 its probably more likely we save McHugh for Game 4.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Guys I'm nervous as hell about this weekend. I'm nervous about lance tonight and whether we will get good or bad lance. I'm worried in similar fashion about Morton tomorrow, and most importantly I'm worried about how the bullpen will be forced to pitch a bunch of meaningful innings.
iBrad
AG
While Peacock had a great season, he's been shaky in the playoffs. I think he's better suited for the pen.
Frok
AG
I'm not discounting McHugh. But the reality is he hasn't pitched much lately. Starting him over McCullers would be ridiculous at this point after what has happened.
bearkatag15
AG
790 just tweeted out a link to a playlist featuring the Astros Batting Lineup music...

https://www.iheart.com/playlist/houston-batting-lineup-music-312064750-M1gqh4WaKVgB5Q2vwubhE9/
coastalAg
AG
I dont think anyone is advocating for starting McHugh. I just think he can be a weapon from the pen for us at some point. He has pitched in big spots for us before.
titanmaster_race
coastalAg said:

I dont think anyone is advocating for starting McHugh. I just think he can be a weapon from the pen for us at some point. He has pitched in big spots for us before.
Mathguy64
AG
Hinch and Roberts both adhere to the concept that you dont want a pitcher seeing a lineup third time through. Roberts seems to do it religiously. Hinch seems more flexible, especially with Keuchel and Verlander. Morton he is really strict about it. My guess is Lance will be on a very tight leash on that third time through. Tomorrow is almost certainly a tandem start. Today may be. And that idea is a big difference between Roberts and Hinch. Roberts just runs BP arms out Hinch and the Astros are more likely to go the tandem route I think. And they have arms in McHugh and Peacock (and even Musgrove) who are stretched out enough to do that.
First Page Last Page
Page 1352 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.