***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,314,313 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
third coast.. said:

Wait what happened to vine
Twitter bought it and shut it down awhile back. It's just a skeleton site with like a best of left, but there's no more uploading and no more access to user pages.
7nine
saltydog13
AG
No mas
Post removed:
by user
exp
AG
WelchAg said:

Blows my mind that the roof decision is anything other than the Astro's sole decision. I may sound like a baby saying this, but I find it completely unfair that either MLB or the networks would force this.

Astros facility guy should break the gears that operate it. Fix it in the off-season.
BowSowy
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Bleacher Report picked it up... could blow up soon.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2740913-aj-hinch-reportedly-involved-in-altercation-at-bar-after-world-series-game-1?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Meh, who gives a **** if it blows up. There aren't any recruits' tender feelings to worry about and I highly doubt Hinch getting into a shouting match at the bar will distract the team.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
WelchAg said:

Blows my mind that the roof decision is anything other than the Astro's sole decision. I may sound like a baby saying this, but I find it completely unfair that either MLB or the networks would force this.
perhaps the motors that open the roof could "malfunction"

who's going to go sabotage them?
bearkatag15
AG
Hinch denied that it was an altercation and refused to comment further. Said "fabrications suck" and said it is rediculous

Also said roof is closed for tomorrow but didn't mention Saturday or Sunday. McCullers and Bregman both commented that they want it closed.
astros4545
AG
Extremely Reddickulous
bearkatag15
AG
My spelling abilities are well below avg..
bearkatag15
AG
MLB Network just said roof is closed all 3 days!

They said that was MLB's decision.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
bearkatag15 said:

coming to post exactly that
astros4545
AG
bearkatag15 said:

They said that was MLB's decision.

I want it open now

**** Selig

And don't forget people, Giles spelled backwards is Selig, conspiracy is evident
EastCoastAgNc
AG

bearkatag15
AG
dmtoney said:

Brian needs better sources
MosesHallRAB04
AG
saw a stat that the dodgers are hitting .167 or something like that against curveballs
Wizard
Wizard
Mathguy64
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

saw a stat that the dodgers are hitting .167 or something like that against curveballs

If he's got what he had in game 7 they will hit 0.000. He's was unhittable that night.
Agnzona
Game 3 is essentially the series. Winner of this game will most likely win the series.
badharambe
AG
Bregman has been playing out of his mind since game 7 (minus one throwing error)
His defensive plays in game 7, and that line drive snag in extra innings last night were huge.
He's also seeing the ball pretty well, which has lead to a being a few runs and rbi's in this series.
Wizard

lead
Agnzona said:

Game 3 is essentially the series. Winner of this game will most likely win the series
Don't be dumb.
jkag89
Agnzona said:

Game 3 is essentially the series. Winner of this game will most likely win the series.
Reasoning behind for this thinking is ...
Agnzona
Its huge. Stats wise its nearly 70% winners in a 1-1 series.

If we win Doggers really on their heals if we lose gave home field right back.
AustinCountyAg
Agnzona said:

Statements like these are ridiculous
Buck Compton
AG
Agnzona said:

Its huge. Stats wise its nearly 70% winners in a 1-1 series.

If we win Doggers really on their heals if we lose gave home field right back.
Don't be an imbecile. While "most likely" may be the correct term... that means practically nothing in baseball. No one had come back from 0-3 until the Red Sox did it.

Every game is important right now. But the series isn't over if we lose. "Essentially the series" couldn't be farther from the truth. Don't come spout some random 70% statistic that just tells us what we already know (a 2-1 lead gives you an advantage)
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
Mathguy64
AG
If we win tomorrow Roberts will be under immense pressure to throw Kershaw in game 4 on short rest. I don't think Hinch will be under quite the pressure to roll Keuchel if we lose.
NotGibbs
I think the best way to look st the remainder of the series is that it's a 5 game series and we have Home field advantage. Dropping the first home game won't kill you, but it could definitely make the remainder of the series a whole lot easier
Agnzona
Anything can happen. But game 3 is huge...and the chances of the anything happening decrease significantly for the loser. As the first two games have shown so much has to go right pitch to pitch, inning to inning and being down a game after 3 amplifies those moments.
Agmaniacmike12
mathguy86 said:

If we win tomorrow Roberts will be under immense pressure to throw Kershaw in game 4 on short rest. I don't think Hinch will be under quite the pressure to roll Keuchel if we lose.
I don't see this happening. Dodgers know about Kershaw's struggles on short rest.
AustinAg2K
In 2005 the vibe seemed to be that the Astros didn't belong. There was a lot of talk before the series about how baseball was meant to be played outside, and how the Astros were basically cheating having the roof closed for every game. Add to that Bud Selig, who I always thought was somewhat jealous of the Astros success (and Milwaukee's lack thereof).

This time around the vibe was much different going into the series. I think because the Astros have basically been in first since opening day. Also, no more Selig. I think MLB realized this time around having a crazy atmosphere in Houston is better for the game. I still expect Joe Buck to comment on how baseball should be played outside, though.
Agnzona
Astros fan in left center? The one in the Rainbow jersey. He had 3 homers within 10 feet of him in 2 innings in the World Series. That dude is living right.
cone
AG
I'm trying not that guy but I agree

games 2-3 swing the series

win tomorrow and you're going to be completely in the driver's seat

2 home games and a Verlander start to get two wins
BMX Bandit
I don[t think Kershaw will be considered for game 4 if they are down 2-1.
Bonfired
AG
NotGibbs said:

Not cool

Yeah, I wondered what the hell was going on with that...I didn't really think my television decapitated George, but I'm never too sure anymore.

My sister who lives in Tennessee offered to chip in for a ticket to a game, so I pulled the trigger for game 5. Another bucket list item checked off.
First Page Last Page
Page 1349 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.