***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,321,012 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
BowSowy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd add McHugh and Devo to that list, but it's a pipe dream anyway.
BowSowy
AG
Did anyone get a free stitched jersey from Uber today?
gigemJTH12
AG
a tweet from during the Vin Scully pre game bull***** I laughed my ass off at this

ClickClack
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjholley17 said:

Buck Compton said:

tjholley17 said:

MLB shop still hasn't shipped my order yet
I ordered from Academy online and it shipped the next day.
it blows my mind that the official store takes longer to ship out stuff than places like Dick's or Academy
Why? The official store doesn't have the distribution network and manpower a major box store does.

What? They should be getting / have gear the same as academy or dicks. They're endorsed by the freaking MLB as the official shop. They absolutely should be able to ship things quicker. That's their whole business.

If anything, academy should be slower than MLB shop because they are a brick and mortar chain. If fanatics or MLB shop or whatever doesn't make online sales they have zero revenue.
Mathguy64
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

are we all in agreement that we dont see a reliever outside of Peacock, Musgrove or Harris for the rest of the series?
I would not be shocked to see a tandem start of Morton/McHugh in Gm 4.
Premium
AG
Do the Dodgers have a board? Dodger "tears"
Beat40
mathguy86 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

are we all in agreement that we dont see a reliever outside of Peacock, Musgrove or Harris for the rest of the series?
I would not be shocked to see a tandem start of Morton/McHugh in Gm 4.
Talking to a guy at work today, and I had the same thought.
DVC2010
AG
My dad's birthday was last night. We were watching the game an hour behind because of the birthday dinner, so I just spent half a workday catching up on this thread.

1. Dinner was awesome, the Astros won, and Dad had literal tears in his eyes when I gave him his World Series tickets. This morning he said it was the best birthday he's had.

2. I'm definitely in for pregame beers Saturday.

3. As crazy as that game was, I'll forgive y'all for not discussing how important it was that Bregman robbed Turner's line drive in the 11th.
Big Al 1992
AG
Other crazy things from last night
- Verlander pitched 6 innings of 2 hit
Baseball!
- at one point Astros outhit Dodgers 12-4 and we were still down
- the ball off Puigs glove - if doesn't bounce in stands, triple easy, although didn't matter since Bergman still scores
- Maybin was nailed in the arm by the catcher's throw when he stole the base, hit his arm first before the glove, and that SB was huge to help Springer out next AB
- Altuve, Correa, and Puig Homers all into the same exact section in left center field.

Such a great game!!
Farmer1906
AG
ClickClack said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjholley17 said:

Buck Compton said:

tjholley17 said:

MLB shop still hasn't shipped my order yet
I ordered from Academy online and it shipped the next day.
it blows my mind that the official store takes longer to ship out stuff than places like Dick's or Academy
Why? The official store doesn't have the distribution network and manpower a major box store does.

What? They should be getting / have gear the same as academy or dicks. They're endorsed by the freaking MLB as the official shop. They absolutely should be able to ship things quicker. That's their whole business.

If anything, academy should be slower than MLB shop because they are a brick and mortar chain. If fanatics or MLB shop or whatever doesn't make online sales they have zero revenue.
Takes longer to ship out or gets more stuff? Two very different things.
Big Al 1992
AG
Saw someone else mention this - Astros built this team around Altuve, Springer and Correa and all 3 homer in extra innings!
shhopkins
AG
Got invited to the Friday game this morning.

I'm pumped. I went to the superbowl earlier this year and was about 1/10th as excited.
Jaydoug
AG

BowSowy
AG
I know this has been discussed elsewhere, but I actually think our pitching has done a pretty good job of shutting them down. Of particular interest is our bullpen (minus Giles):

4.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 5 Ks

I know it's a very small sample size, but it's an encouraging sign especially since we're heading home where we seem to do more damage on offense.
BowSowy
AG
6 edits?
Jaydoug
AG
BowSowy said:

6 edits?

I'm an old
byfLuger41
AG
Never forget:

gigemJTH12
AG
anyone else get actually emotional while watching these big moments with the Titanic music in the back?? they are funny until its the team you love and then they just make you want to cry lol.

This screen shot was in the middle of the video. I thought its pretty cool.

bearkatag15
AG
I thought this was funny:

bearkatag15
AG
TXAG14
Full game if you are like myself and can't get anything done.

bearkatag15
AG
Gold Glove finalists were just announced... 0 Astros are finalist. Really surprised no Altuve, Springer or Bregman

NotGibbs
Keuchel too
TXAG14
I don't think Springer played enough innings to qualify.
astros4545
AG
Aaron Judge ?
bearkatag15
AG
That might be it.

Quote:

Player Qualifications
To qualify for consideration for a particular position, a player must have played a minimum number of games or innings (based on position) at that position:
All pitchers must have pitched in at least 138 innings by his team's 138th game;
A catcher must have played in at least half of his team's games by his team's 138th game (a minimum of 69 games);
All infielders and outfielders must have played in the field for at least 698 total innings through his team's 138th game: this equates to playing in the field for approximately 7.5 innings per game in approximately 67% of his team's games by his team's 138th game; this ensures that only full-time players are considered);
All infielders and outfielders with at least 698 total innings played qualify at the specific position where he played the most innings (i.e. where his manager utilized him the most)

Farmer1906
AG
astros4545 said:

Aaron Judge ?
Is this a joke?
John E
AG
Anyone notice the douchbags fans behind the plate waiving their arms around trying to distract the Astros pitchers?
tjack16
AG
Hypothetical question for fellow Astros/Aggies....

Let's say that you had this choice, and you could only choose one.

1. Attend college football playoff final that A&M is playing in.
2. Attend world series game 7 that the Astros are in.

if you could only choose one to go to, which would you choose? In this hypothetical let's say you knew 100% that both the Aggies and Astros would win their respective game for their first championships (well since 1939 for A&M)
byfLuger41
AG
Oops:

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Jaydoug said:

Quote:

As thick as possible - while still being swan-shape-foldable.
astros4545
AG
Farmer1906 said:

astros4545 said:

Aaron Judge ?
Is this a joke?

I know right?

Did they get Silver Slugger and Gold Glove confused
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
ClickClack said:

Somehow someway academy, dicks, lids all had World Series Astros gear the night we won but the "official MLB shop" still doesn't. Just incredibly poorly run. Glad I canceled my order and gave it to dicks and lids instead.
now what is this about dick lids you're talking about? I'm intrigued.
HossAg
AG
tjholley17 said:

Hypothetical question for fellow Astros/Aggies....

Let's say that you had this choice, and you could only choose one.

1. Attend college football playoff final that A&M is playing in.
2. Attend college world series game 7 that the Astros are in.

if you could only choose one to go to, which would you choose? In this hypothetical let's say you knew 100% that both the Aggies and Astros would win their respective game for their first championships (well since 1939 for A&M)

A&M 100%. Only in football. if it was any other a&m sport, I'd be at the world series.
tjack16
AG
that's what I would go with too... also there's a more likely chance of the Astros repeating than A&M would have
First Page Last Page
Page 1347 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.