***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,314,913 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
InnerCityAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Frok said:

Totally forgot Rockets won at the buzzer too

TomballAg83
AG
I agree. Hated Lasorda. Hated.
gigemJTH12
AG
Farmer1906 said:

BowSowy said:

Curious if anyone has spent the majority of the morning going around and talking about this game with coworkers, or is it just me?
They're all coming to me because they know how big of a fan I am. It is funny everyone all of a sudden knows baseball and has all these grand opinions.
same. Everyone is coming to "check and see if I am doing okay"
Houston Lee
AG
Robert2014 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Robert2014 said:

Me at work.

You just think you are tired. Us old timers had to stay up for 14 in 05 and a loss on top of that.
I was around for that one too, but I had to go in to junior high the next day instead of work.
My son and I were at that game. We both skipped work/school the next day.
jr15aggie
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Not sure how many of you caught this last night, but check out the 5:09 mark of the video for Correa's home run. Check out the catcher tapping the dirt... he wanted that 0-1 pitch skipping off the plate... Fields.... yeah that's not where he put it!

And seeing his reaction, the catcher was less than pleased!
McInnis
AG
Reading all these posts from other olds this morning made me want to chime in. While the Aggies are my strongest sports love, the Astros were my first.

The earliest team I have a good memory of was 1967. Wynn, Morgan, Jackson, Staub, Aspromonte, and a good looking young pitcher named Larry Dierker that struck out Willie Mays in the first game he pitched. Went to sleep many nights listening to Gene Elston and Loel Passe (and that ball's an Astro Orbit!).

I've lived in Wyoming for 11 years now and have been able to make only one game in that time. But last week I went to StubHub and paid the ransom for tickets for my son (class of '05) and DIL that live in Houston.

I'll admit - I was too nervous to watch the extra innings last night. Kept checking for scoring updates on my phone but I couldn't watch. I'm a total whimp when it comes to that. But I'll be there Friday night yelling my lungs out, even if it kills me.
Ecce Homo
I think last night was the most excited I've ever been for any game ever. I literally couldn't sit still. I had to take the garbage out and do odd chores around the house while Devo was pitching.

I love the Ags, I like the Rockets, I like the Texans; but I don't care if it was the Louisville bowl game; beating Bama or what; but last night was the ultimate in exciting games.
Wabs
AG
My lucky routine is to sip whiskey when we're batting and I put a dip in when we're fielding. At some point last night, I must have lost track because when Altuve hit the HR in the 10th I jumped up and the dip flew out of my mouth. I then realized I forgot to take it out when the top of the inning started. Looks like I have a new routine for Game 3 now...

Bottom line: I'm glad my wife wasn't in there when the Skoal landed on the rug....
BowSowy
AG
I have no lucky routine. I have about 5 different astros shirts that I wear randomly. Sometimes I've got a beer, sometimes not. Sometimes I'm watching at home, sometimes at a bar. Sometimes I stop watching, other times I watch every out. Yet we still win
AggieLit
BowSowy said:

Farmer1906 said:

BowSowy said:

Curious if anyone has spent the majority of the morning going around and talking about this game with coworkers, or is it just me?
They're all coming to me because they know how big of a fan I am. It is funny everyone all of a sudden knows baseball and has all these grand opinions.
I work with a lot of Brits, a few of whom are really trying to get into and understand the game. It's made for some entertaining conversations.
If you watch a youtube video of the old British game of rounders, it's actually pretty similar. They made up the story that Abner Doubleday invented baseball in Cooperstown, NY, in 1839 in order to quelch rumors that baseball was just a variant of rounders.
aTm2004
AG
Quote:

While the Aggies are my strongest sports love, the Astros were my first.
This is me. I didn't become an Aggie fan until I enrolled. I grew up a sip fan and decided the night before I left for orientation at the 40 acres that going to A&M just felt right. Have never regretted that decision and will literally cry like a baby when the Ags win a NC in football.

The Astros were the team I grew up watching with my dad. We sat in the rainbow seats in the dome for several games and got to be behind the dugout a couple of times my dad won tickets on the local radio station he could get from his office in Conroe. I remember being in Dirty's with my parents when we heard that my favorite player, Glenn Davis, was going to Balitmore. The next season a scrub behind the plate became my new favorite player and took Davis' place at the front of my baseball card collection.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
tjack16
AG
MLB shop still hasn't shipped my order yet
NotGibbs
A little more insight on the fan who jumped into the bullpen. Must have been an Astros fan if he wanted to fight gregerson

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/259723914/astros-coach-helps-security-with-unruly-fan
BowSowy
AG
AggieLit said:

BowSowy said:

Farmer1906 said:

BowSowy said:

I work with a lot of Brits, a few of whom are really trying to get into and understand the game. It's made for some entertaining conversations.
If you watch a youtube video of the old British game of rounders, it's actually pretty similar. They made up the story that Abner Doubleday invented baseball in Cooperstown, NY, in 1839 in order to quelch rumors that baseball was just a variant of rounders.

It's actually kind of interesting listening to them. None of their major sports really involve throwing overhand, so none of them can actually throw all that well. I guess it never dawned on me that not every culture grew up throwing a baseball or football.
Pahdz
BowSowy said:

Farmer1906 said:

BowSowy said:

When I lived in Chandler, AZ I used to spend a lot of nights at the neighborhood sports bar with this crotchety old Brit who was there every night sitting at the bar. He'd always complain that baseball was confusing and had too many rules, that we should get into cricket which was way easier. How in the hell can a game that lasts DAYS be easier to understand and follow than baseball?
Wabs
AG
tjholley17 said:

No shipment notice here yet either. Do you know if you can cancel your order since they haven't shipped yet? I'm going to a game this weekend and I can just buy there...
astros4545
AG
AggieLit said:

BowSowy said:

Farmer1906 said:

BowSowy said:

ClickClack
AG
Farmer1906 said:

BowSowy said:

Same
ClickClack
AG
Wabs said:

tjholley17 said:

No shipment notice here yet either. Do you know if you can cancel your order since they haven't shipped yet? I'm going to a game this weekend and I can just buy there...

Just did this yesterday. You have to click on the customer support link in the order email at bottom then start a chat session.
03_Aggie
Wabs said:

tjholley17 said:

I called and cancelled mine with they couldn't tell me anything more specific than "before 10/31." Just got back from getting the hat at Dicks.
ClickClack
AG
Somehow someway academy, dicks, lids all had World Series Astros gear the night we won but the "official MLB shop" still doesn't. Just incredibly poorly run. Glad I canceled my order and gave it to dicks and lids instead.
TexasRebel
AG
ClickClack said:

Somehow someway academy, dicks, lids all had World Series Astros gear the night we won but the "official MLB shop" still doesn't. Just incredibly poorly run. Glad I canceled my order and gave it to dicks and lids instead.

Well yeah... where were they going to put that? The Yankees v. Dodgers stuff was in the way ready to ship.
tjack16
AG
Wabs said:

tjholley17 said:

I bought the same hat from Academy, and I logged into my account and did the chat with customer service. they removed the hat from my order since it hasn't shipped yet.
NotGibbs
Not cool

AggieLit
BowSowy said:

AggieLit said:

BowSowy said:

Farmer1906 said:

BowSowy said:

It's actually kind of interesting listening to them. None of their major sports really involve throwing overhand, so none of them can actually throw all that well. I guess it never dawned on me that not every culture grew up throwing a baseball or football.
When I lived in Europe I was amazed how unusual it was for guys to lift weights. No one had been taught to do it in school. I guess it goes with the lack of throwing sports, and the non-military culture.
ClickClack
AG
NotGibbs said:

Not cool

Loathe what they've done this year adding fake ads and basically changing the facade of the ballparks. And now our players' heads are falling off!
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I have to believe that Roberts was at least a little glad the game ended one way or another. He was about to be faced with either rolling with McCarthy for the whole game or burning a starter.

Can you imagine the hell he woulda caught if he had to pitch wood or darvish?
bobinator
AG
I think he was going to roll with McCarthy until his arm fell off.
Jackal99
AG
ClickClack said:

NotGibbs said:

Not cool

Loathe what they've done this year adding fake ads and basically changing the facade of the ballparks. And now our players' heads are falling off!
Yep. Even my four-year old noticed it. "Why did George Springer's head turn black, daddy?" "Uhm...because of the...TV thing.."
Johnsy3
AG
http://espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/84121/11-innings-eight-home-runs-and-one-wild-game-2-a-timeline-of-the-astros-improbable-victory
Buck Compton
AG
tjholley17 said:

I ordered from Academy online and it shipped the next day.
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
NotGibbs
I'm not even mad that the MasterCard screw up happened. Do I like the ads? Hell no. Do I get it? Sure. And **** happens. Fortunately it wasn't an important play that was completely missed because of it.

However, I am mad that MC is embracing it and turning it into a joke
tjack16
AG
Buck Compton said:

tjholley17 said:

it blows my mind that the official store takes longer to ship out stuff than places like Dick's or Academy
Farmer1906
AG
tjholley17 said:

Buck Compton said:

tjholley17 said:

it blows my mind that the official store takes longer to ship out stuff than places like Dick's or Academy
Why? The official store doesn't have the distribution network and manpower a major box store does.
gigemJTH12
AG
are we all in agreement that we dont see a reliever outside of Peacock, Musgrove or Harris for the rest of the series?
First Page Last Page
Page 1346 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.