***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,314,514 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
JDUB08AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was like Podsedniks HR in 05. Dude didn't hit a HR all season and had a walk off on us in the World Series. Worked out for us this time.
JYDog90
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Buck Compton said:

W said:

now the Culberson guy last night in the 11th...he acted like he had won the game for L.A.
I'll give that guy a pass actually. He had two hits..... for the entire season. That HR is likely the best thing he will ever do in the majors.
He had 6 career HRs going into the game. He's been in the league since 2012.

And 5 postseason hits this year.
KC_Ag14
AG
Circling back to the bat flip... loved Puig's comments just as much as everyone else.
There is a distinct difference in what Correa did (flipping the bat and looking back at HIS dugout) than say what Jose Bautista does (shows up the opponent). I have zero issue with the former. You should be able to celebrate with your teammates; that isn't showing up your opponent.

Standing the box.. staring down the pitcher/fielders.. jawing at infielders around the bases... you're a tool. Flipping the bat and pumping up your dugout on the way by.. that's just fun baseball.
Forum Troll
AG
Girardi wasn't fired. Seems to be a mutual parting of ways. His post game 7 interview sounded like he wasn't sure if he wanted to continue managing.
irish pete ag06
AG
W said:

willie wonka said:

I think Roberts over-managing that game may be the biggest key in the Astros winning the series.
I listened to Larry Dierker on 610 Monday...talking about the double-switch...and how many times it doesn't do for the manager what he wants it to...or it doesn't create the future matchup you're hoping for.

taking Bellinger out after the 9th inning was a big mistake
It's what the "real baseball fans" love to see though cuz #strategy!
jr15aggie
AG
W said:

now the Culberson guy last night in the 11th...he acted like he had won the game for L.A.
Dude... I don't care what the situation was... if I hit a dinger in the World Series I'd probably be half naked by the time I did a full on slide into home and went immediately into a 'snow angel' behind home plate.

... the team would have to drag my half naked ass off the top of the dugout and lock me in the locker room.
JABQ04
AG
jr15aggie said:

W said:

Dude... I don't care what the situation was... if I hit a dinger in the World Series I'd probably be half naked by the time I did a full on slide into home and went immediately into a 'snow angel' behind home plate.

... the team would have to drag my half naked ass off the top of the dugout and lock me in the locker room.

I agree with this. Maybe I wouldn't be stripping my clothes off but isn't everybody's dream to hit an HR in the WS? With the way thyou game was going getting one run back was big for them. While I don't like the Dodgers, I hate them less than anyone else we've faced this year. Shaping up to be one of the most hard fought WS ever.
irish pete ag06
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

Circling back to the bat flip... loved Puig's comments just as much as everyone else.
There is a distinct difference in what Correa did (flipping the bat and looking back at HIS dugout) than say what Jose Bautista does (shows up the opponent). I have zero issue with the former. You should be able to celebrate with your teammates; that isn't showing up your opponent.

Standing the box.. staring down the pitcher/fielders.. jawing at infielders around the bases... you're a tool. Flipping the bat and pumping up your dugout on the way by.. that's just fun baseball.
Agree with this... which is why it makes Carlos Gomez such a taint.
screw-tu
I guess I'm old. Dodgers are easily one of the most hated teams for me. Right up there with the Mets and Cards. Back in the day it was an intense rivalry. Still can't stand those California *******. **** you, Lasorda.
Mathguy64
AG
On the FU I hate you scale, Dodgers>>>Cards>>Reds, Braves>everybody else. And the only person worse than Fat Tommy is Bud Selig, or maybe a combination of John McMullen and Drayton McClane. Both of them screwed over the organization at the end. Not Bud Adams level hate, but its up there.
bullard21k
AG

Hey you and Tommy lasorda. I hate Tommy lasorda
CFTXAG10
AG
SIAP
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Eff the Yankees and their 27 World Series wins.

And with respect to the Big Red Machine, whoever made the decision to trade Joe Morgan, Dennis Menke, Jack Billingham and Cesar Geronimo away from Houston, in exchange for Lee May, Tommy Helms, and Jimmy Stewart has no place in the pantheon of baseball.

Morgan won 2 MVPS, Geronimo won 4 Gold Gloves, Billingham became the ace on the Big Red Machine staff, and the Reds went to the series 3 times in 5 years, winning two. Worst. Trade. Ever.

Honorable Mention to the Oakland A's, Sal Bando, Rollie Fingers, Gene Tenace, and Reggie Jackson. I hated those guys.
NotGibbs
I'm starting to think I need to see a doctor. I've had a boner ever since the game ended, and it's definitely been way over 4 hours
bearkatag15
AG
Post removed:
by user
screw-tu
I was in the Dome for that bases loaded nobody out debacle in '99. Almost forgot how much I hated the Braves. But still, the Mets from the '86 series will always place their sorry asses just behind the Dodgers for me. Back in the day it almost was Bud Adams level vitriol. But not quite.
Ags #1
AG
any luck with the free astros jersey giveaway from uber?
CFTXAG10
AG
That was a great recap. It has gone overlooked but Will Harris getting out of trouble and keeping it 3-1 was absolutely enormous.
TXAG14
That Bellinger drive in the bottom of the ninth still makes my stomach drop.
Mathguy64
AG
screw-tu said:

I was in the Dome for that bases loaded nobody out debacle in '99. Almost forgot how much I hated the Braves. But still, the Mets from the '86 series will always place their sorry asses just behind the Dodgers for me. Back in the day it almost was Bud Adams level vitriol. But not quite.
The Mets for me didnt win that series. ****ing Fred Brocklander gave it to them. Twice.

And just to say it again for everybody too young to know. The Dodgers are the most hated team for every Astros fan old enough to remember. Its not even close. **** you Tommy Lasagna.
Wabs
AG
TXAG14 said:

That Bellinger drive in the bottom of the ninth still makes my stomach drop.
I thought it was gone....thank you Lord Jesus it wasn't....
CFTXAG10
AG
Also, I didn't remember it at the time probably because I was pissed and nervous but Buck called out Culberson for thinking he tied the game or at least acting like it
Frok
AG
Wow, many of us have referenced the 1986 game 6 with the Mets. This game was REALLY similar with the difference being we won.

[img][/img]
BowSowy
AG
Curious if anyone has spent the majority of the morning going around and talking about this game with coworkers, or is it just me?
Farmer1906
AG
BowSowy said:

Curious if anyone has spent the majority of the morning going around and talking about this game with coworkers, or is it just me?
They're all coming to me because they know how big of a fan I am. It is funny everyone all of a sudden knows baseball and has all these grand opinions.
BowSowy
AG
Farmer1906 said:

BowSowy said:

They're all coming to me because they know how big of a fan I am. It is funny everyone all of a sudden knows baseball and has all these grand opinions.
I work with a lot of Brits, a few of whom are really trying to get into and understand the game. It's made for some entertaining conversations.
NotGibbs
If anyone has figured out how to get any work done this morning, please let me know your wise ways
Here4Beer
AG
Farmer1906 said:

BowSowy said:

I feel your pain but it's games like the one last night that really bring new fans to the game of baseball. When people can feel the emotional highs and lows like that the interest level sky rockets.
Mathguy64
AG
BowSowy said:

Farmer1906 said:

BowSowy said:

I work with a lot of Brits, a few of whom are really trying to get into and understand the game. It's made for some entertaining conversations.
Just tell them its Cricket with 2 extra bases, a fence, gloves and actual rules.
Buck Compton
AG
BowSowy said:

I'm in Boston and people can't stop talking about it...
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
Post removed:
by user
HossAg
AG
Forum Troll said:

Girardi wasn't fired. Seems to be a mutual parting of ways. His post game 7 interview sounded like he wasn't sure if he wanted to continue managing.

His statement said they decided not to bring him back. Pretty sure he was fired.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Robert2014 said:

Me at work.

You just think you are tired. Us old timers had to stay up for 14 in 05 and a loss on top of that.
I was around for that one too, but I had to go in to junior high the next day instead of work.
Forum Troll
AG
HossAg said:

Forum Troll said:

His statement said they decided not to bring him back. Pretty sure he was fired.
Gotcha didn't see the new stuff except for the headline. He sure acted like he didn't know if he even wanted to come back after they lost game 7 so I figured it was more mutual.
First Page Last Page
Page 1345 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.