***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,322,260 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Memphis 7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Btw, you don't move Springer.

Not after 174 games...

You just have to own it and hope he becomes productive again.
Wabs
AG
Memphis 7 said:

979ag said:

Memphis 7 said:

Can't hit.

Guys trying to do too much (Springer+).
Stage is too big.

Whatever other cliche for ****ting the bed you can think of.

leave pls

My apologies...

Kershaw was super amazing. And Springer striking out 4 times isn't an issue. He's tots of awesome in the playoffs, just wait...

-Baghdad Bob

Yes Kershaw was super amazing and Springer had a bad night. Did you know the WS is best out of 7? Go get some sleep rook.
jopatura
AG
Instead of moving Springer, I wonder if the pitcher bats 8th tomorrow. Drop Reddick, who seemed to be at least seeing the ball decently, to 9th. Gives Springer some protection, keeps him in the lead off spot. Unconventional but our crazy team could pull it off.
Buck Compton
AG
primomosquito said:

Buck Compton said:

jkag89 said:

gambochaman said:

WTf is up with our stupid bats on the road
This was a winnable game GDAMNIT
They were facing who might be the best pitcher of this generation. Admittedly he hasn't had the best success in the postseason but what is more likely to continue, so-so to poor outings or Kershaw pitching like Kershaw?
By the end of his career, Kershaw might be considered at top 5 pitcher of ALL TIME. 3 time Cy Young winner, potentially another this year, even with an injury.

Not only that, he was absolutely dealing, even for him. Those first pitch fast balls were borderline every time.

Exactly. If he can paint like that, then as a fan, you tip your cap and move on to Verlander. He was insane tonight hitting the corners early in an AB. Not to mention the zone that ump was rocking tonight, that low and outside pitch was a strike all night - Keuchel started using it too (which makes the pitch to Turner even more confusing). He looked far less hittable than that bullpen.

Also, guys, Springer is our leadoff hitter. Just stop.
agdaddy04
AG
You're probably going to be using your ignore feature quite a bit on this thread. It makes it a lot more enjoyable.
Beat40
jopatura said:

Instead of moving Springer, I wonder if the pitcher bats 8th tomorrow. Drop Reddick, who seemed to be at least seeing the ball decently, to 9th. Gives Springer some protection, keeps him in the lead off spot. Unconventional but our crazy team could pull it off.

Would think you might consider it.
Goose83
AG
PhatMack19 said:

It's super impressive how articulate Joe Buck is with the Dodgers cock in his mouth
I guess he took up my offer to go EAD after all.
Memphis 7
Wabs said:

Memphis 7 said:

979ag said:

Memphis 7 said:

Can't hit.

Stage is too big.

leave pls

My apologies...

Kershaw was super amazing. And Springer striking out 4 times isn't an issue. He's tots of awesome in the playoffs, just wait...

-Baghdad Bob

Yes Kershaw was super amazing and Springer had a bad night. Did you know the WS is best out of 7? Go get some sleep rook.

Ok. The offense is totally aight. Nothing to worry about. It's just a bad night... after a week and a half of bad nights.
Post removed:
by user
jkag89
For all the doom & gloomers, in Game 1 of the '68 World Series Bob Gibson struck out 17 Detroit Tigers in a 4-0 shutout with the Tigers 34 game winner Denny McLain on the mound in St. Louis. Somehow Detroit won the Series despite having to face Gibson three times.
Frok
AG
Cubs lost 6 - 0 in game 1 last year. It ain't close to over.
Buck Compton
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Just FYI, Hopefully he gets it right this year but in three previous WS starts Verlander is 0-3 with a 7.2 ERA.
Yeah, with the Tigers in 2006 (2 games as a ROOKIE), and then in 2012 (1 game)... I'll take his recent stats as a bit more indicative of his potential for tomorrow.
diehard03
Quote:

Just FYI, Hopefully he gets it right this year but in three previous WS starts Verlander is 0-3 with a 7.2 ERA.

Those starts aren't predictive. What he's done lately isn't exactly predictive...but it's not like the Dodgers shelled Keuchel.

Unless he just doesn't have the command (which happens), he should perform well.
bullard21k
AG
Being out of the NL for a few years and you forget just how important that 8 hole hitter is. And our pitching staff has GOT to be able to advance runners to 2nd with less than two outs via the bunt.

We are going to need every run we can get and you have to play clean baseball with the last 3 hitters of your lineup. Even if it means the pitcher is the 3rd out flipping that lineup over is vital in a NL Park.
HTownAg98
USA vs. China in curling is on now. That might be more exciting.
Buck Compton
AG
Memphis 7 said:

Wabs said:

Memphis 7 said:

979ag said:

Memphis 7 said:

Can't hit.

Stage is too big.

leave pls

My apologies...

-Baghdad Bob

Ok. The offense is totally aight. Nothing to worry about. It's just a bad night... after a week and a half of bad nights.
You're right, we didn't have any good offensive games in there. We didn't bounce back at home at all, right?

Just leave, dumbass. You're not smarter than everyone here, even if our bats do come out cold tomorrow.
Beat40
SoupNazi2001 said:

Kershaw had a sterling post season record, correct?

Look. No one likes losing. If there is one thing we should at least be able to believe in is that this team fights. The New York series should be a reminder of that. Just give them a chance, guys!
Ecce Homo
Beat40 said:

Ecce Homo said:

I expected winning to be a long shot, Kershaw is ridiculous but I'm just so dismayed by the bats. We can't hit 200 against Kershaw? 220? Seriously? We go 3 for ****ing 30? Springer with 4 k's looking like he's never swung a bat before?

Boston and NY could say the same about Verlander.

Dude, Verlander had a WHIP of 1.3 vs the Sox and .75 against the Yankees...

Kershaw was .428 tonight. That's what is incredibly disappointing. Against what I would hope would be inferior talent during the regular season, Kershaw had a WHIP of .949 during a Cy Young caliber season. We couldn't scrape up half that as the top offensive team in baseball.

Just a major kick in the nuts, we just can't hit anymore.
digging tunnels
AG
not really mad here. fully expect to win tomorrow with Verlander on the mound. we should be able to take care of Darvish at home
Harry Stone
AG
I think we have very favorable matchups coming up. Lance at home and back to pre inury self is scary. Game 5 will decide the series.
bearkatag15
AG
Buck Compton
AG
digging tunnels said:

not really mad here. fully expect to win tomorrow with Verlander on the mound. we should be able to take care of Darvish at home
Darvish at home doesn't scare me at all. We are quite familiar with him.

If Verlander pitches well tomorrow and our offense gets us a win, we are in great shape heading home.
Ag_07
AG
Dallas made 2 mistakes and we got shutdown by one of the best pitchers of this generation. Peacock did his job and Devo looked really good.

We got our stud and 1b undefeated pitcher on the bump tomorrow and we gotta go get the offense going and get a W.
jkag89
JABQ04 said:

Still love all the whiny D-bags that show up to have their ******* bleed all over the board. GTFO with your ***** ****
The best thing about Aggie Baseball game threads is that the mods have a tight leash on those who tend to bleed all over the game threads. If you want to *****, start a new thread.
iBrad
AG
My biggest concern is Springer. What a terrible night. Need that guy to figure it out by tomorrow night.
Texaggie7nine
7nine
Ag_07
AG
I will say of there's one place I think we can win on the road it's Dodger Stadium.

Almost like that crowd couldn't care less. MMP is louder than that for a regular season Ranger game.
CFTXAG10
AG
We tie this thing up tomorrow then come home to the juicebox and flex on em. Night fellas, rest easy and know Verlander will tea bag this Dodger lineup.
Farmer1906
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

We tie this thing up tomorrow then come home to the juicebox and flex on em. Night fellas, rest easy and know Verlander will tea bag this Dodger lineup.
iBrad
AG
It will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes. Hill has gone 4 and 5 innings in his two postseason starts, throwing right at 80 pitches in both. The Dodgers were down a run in both when he exited. Odds are we see more of their pen tomorrow.
Buck Compton
AG
I really question sometimes if people that bleed everywhere even like watching baseball or the Astros. I understand getting a little frustrated, but you have to enjoy the good times and this postseason has had a ton of them.

Especially in baseball, you can't win them all. Makes me wonder if a bunch of people are just football fans following along because they're winning.

With that, I'm out. It's 4:00 a.m. here in London and I am headed to the airport now to hom on a flight back to Boston, work two days, and be back in Texas for the games this weekend. See you guys tomorrow to BTHO the Dodgers.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Can we please stop complaining about "bleeders" and talk about baseball. We are in the damn World Series. Of course emotions are at an all time high. The "bleeders" aren't right, and neither are the "pumpers" - the truth lies somewhere in between.
Beat40
iBrad said:

It will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes. Hill has gone 4 and 5 innings in his two postseason starts, throwing right at 80 pitches in both. The Dodgers were down a run in both when he exited. Odds are we see more of their pen tomorrow.

As long as we have the lead, then I don't mind!
saltydog13
AG
All they can do is get back at it tomorrow and give some run support to verlander and let him go to work.
First Page Last Page
Page 1266 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.