***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,322,484 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
JABQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

Went yard in BP yesterday.

Good enough for me.
jkag89
gambochaman said:

WTf is up with our stupid bats on the road
This was a winnable game GDAMNIT
They were facing who might be the best pitcher of this generation. Admittedly he hasn't had the best success in the postseason but what is more likely to continue, so-so to poor outings or Kershaw pitching like Kershaw?
rosco511
AG
Aggie95 said:

it will be a real shame if this does not go at least 6 games.

This is one game. Why even say this? I had taken a break from this board. I need to take another one because this doom and gloom after one game and after we persevered to the World Series is too much.
979ag
AG
Memphis 7 said:

Can't hit.

Guys trying to do too much (Springer+).
Stage is too big.

Whatever other cliche for ****ting the bed you can think of.

leave pls
Kashchei
AG
SA-AG72 said:

Can Verlander hit?

I think he hits a homerun every night, nomesayin'?
TXAG14
SA-AG72 said:

Can Verlander bunt?

FIFY.
SA-AG72
AG
Ag_07 said:

Went yard in BP yesterday.
rgt99
Bats need to warm up quickly, or it will be a short series. Play loose guys!!! Don't put so much pressure on yourselves. This game was winnable. Well game one is over, let's move on to game two!!! Forget about tonight!!!
jopatura
AG
Tonight wasn't bad. Hopefully the guys got some kinks worked out. The bats looked better then they did on the road with the Yankees. They've gotten past Kershaw and they've taken a look at the "best bullpen in baseball (vom)."

Have to question Hinch with the pitching choices a little bit tonight. I don't think I would have minded Peacock getting some work as long as he started the 7th. Makes me worried Hinch is a little too hair-trigger for when it'll matter.

I also wouldn't mind letting Maybin start for Marwin tomorrow. If Maybin gets cute in the field again, pull him out in a double switch.
Ag_07
AG
It was fine this afternoon up until the game started and the riff-raff came back.
SA-AG72
AG
LMFAO
Aggie95
AG
Hill vs Verlander should be advantage Astros. That's why it feels like a must win.
JABQ04
AG
Still love all the whiny D-bags that show up to have their ******* bleed all over the board. GTFO with your ***** ****
Frok
AG
PhatMack19 said:

It's super impressive how articulate Joe Buck is with the Dodgers I in his mouth

Oh my goodness can we just end this before it gets out of hand? Literally every team thinks this
R-Dog
AG
dmtoney said:

j_davis01 said:

still have never won a WS game
Still have never LED a WS game.

Not true. Scored first in game 2 against the White Sox and had a lead as late as the 7th inning and had a 4-0 lead in game 3.
Buck Compton
AG
jkag89 said:

gambochaman said:

They were facing who might be the best pitcher of this generation. Admittedly he hasn't had the best success in the postseason but what is more likely to continue, so-so to poor outings or Kershaw pitching like Kershaw?
By the end of his career, Kershaw might be considered at top 5 pitcher of ALL TIME. 3 time Cy Young winner, potentially another this year, even with an injury.
diehard03
Quote:

It's super impressive how articulate Joe Buck is with the Dodgers cock in his mouth

Joe Buck has the unique ability to call a game and make both sides think he hates them.
JABQ04
AG
I will also take the blame for the L because I failed and did not partake of copious amounts of beer or other alcohol tonight. Tomorrow I shall make amends and get "a little wet wet" as Sparky says
Boiling Denim
jopatura said:

Tonight wasn't bad. Hopefully the guys got some kinks worked out. The bats looked better then they did on the road with the Yankees.

Lol wut

They hit .100 and struck out 12 times. They got destroyed
jkag89
Satellite of Love said:

1st pitch outs. These guys aren't even playing the game that got them here. They are desperate and swinget at crap. When is the patience??
Actually they were a lot less aggressive then they have been most of the season, probably a big reason they struck out as often as they did tonight.
Aggie8587
AG
Serious question: if you don't move Springer in the lineup the rest of the series, do you move him somewhere next year? His approach is just dreadful and he doesn't ever make adjustments.

I would love Bregman leading off and Reddick batting 2 with Springer 5th or 6th behind Correa next season

EDIT: hitting about .100 in the playoffs and hit .241 in 212 ABs after the all star break this year... that's 4 straight months of suckage
CoachRTM
AG
Game one was always a little bit of a long shot against Kershaw. I think we could get him in game 5 in Houston.

Tomorrow is huge with Verlander- tie up the series going back home and momentum is on our side in a big way. Darvish doesn't scare me at all in game 3.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I have zero stats to back this up, but I'm gonna guess that MLB teams have around a 3% win percentage when their lead off hitter eats a golden sombrero.
Ecce Homo
I expected winning to be a long shot, Kershaw is ridiculous but I'm just so dismayed by the bats. We can't hit 200 against Kershaw? 220? Seriously? We go 3 for ****ing 30? Springer with 4 k's looking like he's never swung a bat before?
Beat40
jopatura said:

Tonight wasn't bad. Hopefully the guys got some kinks worked out. The bats looked better then they did on the road with the Yankees. They've gotten past Kershaw and they've taken a look at the "best bullpen in baseball (vom)."

Have to question Hinch with the pitching choices a little bit tonight. I don't think I would have minded Peacock getting some work as long as he started the 7th. Makes me worried Hinch is a little too hair-trigger for when it'll matter.

I also wouldn't mind letting Maybin start for Marwin tomorrow. If Maybin gets cute in the field again, pull him out in a double switch.

I think the bats did look better thank on the road against the Yanks.

Hinches decision didn't cost us. While maybe not my favorite call, I don't mind it so much. It get Dallas out of a high leverage pitching situation to rest up the arm and you tossed out your strike out pitcher. It also fave Devo a chance to gain some confidence with no one on. We're going to need him.

I still am not sure about taking out RBI leader out.
Maximus Steelchest
Buck Compton said:

TXAG14 said:

Bats are dead. Astros better figure it out tomorrow night or this is over.
Just ****ing leave already.

I don't really post here but do read the threads. Is he always so positive? Never seen him make anything but doom and gloom comments.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Buck Compton said:

jkag89 said:

gambochaman said:

By the end of his career, Kershaw might be considered at top 5 pitcher of ALL TIME. 3 time Cy Young winner, potentially another this year, even with an injury.

Not only that, he was absolutely dealing, even for him. Those first pitch fast balls were borderline every time.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
It's time. Move Springer out of lead off, he's doing no good there.
bearkatag15
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Doesn't look like that's happening:

Wabs
AG
We aight. Get the split tomorrow. Kershaw can't pitch every game for them and let's see how he does at MMP.
Beat40
Ecce Homo said:

I expected winning to be a long shot, Kershaw is ridiculous but I'm just so dismayed by the bats. We can't hit 200 against Kershaw? 220? Seriously? We go 3 for ****ing 30? Springer with 4 k's looking like he's never swung a bat before?

Boston and NY could say the same about Verlander.
Frok
AG
Tomorrow Verlander pitches 9 shutout innings and solo homers to win 1-0. The legend grows
Ag_07
AG
One thing to keep in mind about Hinch and his decisions are that in a NL park it may be a case in getting a bat in instead of getting a pitcher out.

Not really case the tonight but just worth noting.
n_touch
bearkatag15 said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Doesn't look like that's happening:

I hope he is only one hit away. Sure feels like its 10
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Springer needs to find the fattest chick in Los Angeles tonight and get it done.
First Page Last Page
Page 1265 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.