***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,322,762 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
CSWendt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I expect this off day and going back home to really re-energize our guys. Familiar environment, back with their family, and at home all bodes well for the bats bouncing back tonight.
Post removed:
by user
ClickClack
AG
Seriously I hope they all got laid and it got their minds right. Except Marwin. Maybe he got a hanj.

Go Astros!
MelvinUdall
ClickClack said:

Seriously I hope they all got laid and it got their minds right. Except Marwin. Maybe he got a hanj.

Go Astros!

Hopefully Marwin has a fat side piece he uses as a slump buster.
Farmer1906
AG
MelvinUdall
Farmer1906 said:

Yeah and Keuchel prior to game 5 owned the Yankees. I hate seeing stats like that because that has bit of a jinx to it.
diehard03
Quote:

I hate seeing stats like that because that has bit of a jinx to it.

These stats are bad simply because he's not 2006 Justin Verlander.
MelvinUdall
diehard03 said:

Quote:

True, I didn't even look at the games, just ERA, etc.

My biggest concern is trying to duplicate what he did in game 2 or even come close, he was masterful.
Schrute
diehard03
Quote:

Career numbers to say something about a one time occurrence at the end of his career is just silliness.

You've got all the storylines baked in: if he sucks, he was able to "turn back the clock just 1 too few starts" and if he deals "clearly inline with career".
MelvinUdall
diehard03 said:

Quote:

Career numbers to say something about a one time occurrence at the end of his career is just silliness.

You've got all the storylines baked in: if he sucks, he was able to "turn back the clock just 1 too few starts" and if he deals "clearly inline with career".

Honestly I would take him giving up 4 runs if the Astros scored 10, I really just want the bats to show up. I honestly can't believe that they will hit sub .200 as a team for 6 games, that is just baffling to me.
Ag_07
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

Good point. He's better
Ag_07
AG
And honestly the pressure isn't riding on Verlander.

He's pulled his weight. He's shown up big. He's done what he was brought here to do.

The pressure is on the offense that has disappeared and completely failed us. He can go 9 IP and give up 1 unearned run and we could still lose.
iBrad
AG
This is my fear, considering we won his last start with a home run that barely snuck over the wall and an aggressive send.

I'm hopeful that the bats come alive, but I'm also hopeful for some luck.
Ag13
AG
Does anyone know how long before the game stubhub shuts down?
aggiematt235
AG
Ag_07 said:

He's pulled his weight. He's shown up big. He's done what he was brought here to do.

The pressure is on the offense that has disappeared and completely failed us. He can go 9 IP and give up 1 unearned run and we could still lose.
Pressure is on the Yankees IMO.
Almost every national pundit out there is creaming themselves over the thought of a Yankees - Dodgers Fall Classic.

Nobody is giving our guys a chance.

If, and this is a huge if, but IF we can put up some runs early, and Verlander throws a few goose egg frames, I think the Yankees really start feeling that pressure.
Wabs
AG
Putting up runs early puts the pressure squarely on the Yankees. It's a sign that "we're not in NY anymore and things will go differently here. Starting right now".
CSWendt
AG
Ag13 said:

Does anyone know how long before the game stubhub shuts down?
I want to say the policy is typically 3rd inning it shuts down. But I very well could be wrong
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I'm so scared.
irish pete ag06
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I'm so scared.

Me too. I'm almost glad to not be able to watch. Have a football game tonight. I'll sneak a peak or 2 while I'm in the press box.
rosco511
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I'm so scared.

You just need to sit back and enjoy playoff baseball. Playoff baseball is and will always be somewhat of a crapshoot because of the possibility for extreme swings of emotion and performance in a short series. All you can do is just appreciate that the Astros have proven to be a really good team this year and hope for the best and enjoy the moments.
klsmith89
AG
At least the crowd and the atmosphere will be on our side tonight...
Frok
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I'm so scared.

I think I've already felt the hard heartbreak this series so if we just go out and lose tonight I won't hurt too bad. The damage has already been done.

However if we win tonight, get a lead tomorrow and choke then I will destroy this thread with my tears.
bullard21k
AG
rosco511 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

I'm so scared.

You just need to sit back and enjoy playoff baseball. Playoff baseball is and will always be somewhat of a crapshoot because of the possibility for extreme swings of emotion and performance in a short series. All you can do is just appreciate that the Astros have proven to be a really good team this year and hope for the best and enjoy the moments.

If I handicapped the amount of times you have said "playoff baseball is a crapshoot" in the past 2 months and set the line at 30...you going over or under?
mm98
AG
To make it Aggie related, this is how I feel about tonight.

Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Frok said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

I'm so scared.

I think I've already felt the hard heartbreak this series so if we just go out and lose tonight I won't hurt too bad. The damage has already been done.

However if we win tonight, get a lead tomorrow and choke then I will destroy this thread with my tears.

My tears may be real when this ends.

If my 2 year old hadn't been around for each of the last 3 losses, my home would have had some casualties.
Wabs
AG
My range of emotions today...

Schrute
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Schrute said:

Never too early for this.
WES2006AG
AG
aggiematt235 said:

Ag_07 said:

Pressure is on the Yankees IMO.
Almost every national pundit out there is creaming themselves over the thought of a Yankees - Dodgers Fall Classic.

Nobody is giving our guys a chance.

If, and this is a huge if, but IF we can put up some runs early, and Verlander throws a few goose egg frames, I think the Yankees really start feeling that pressure.
I couldn't disagree more. The Astros are absolutely feeling more pressure than the Yankees at this point. I think it's pretty clear that up to this point we have been shrinking under the weight of these bright lights. How else could everyone in the lineup be slumping at the same time? This team seems to know that they are in the middle of a slow motion trainwreck. I hate to bring this up but I have to imagine that the KC choke job from a few years back has to be creeping in to the minds of the players who are still here as well.

I REALLY hope I am wrong but the series felt like it ended after game 5.
Philip J Fry
AG
Offense is playing tight. Even during the first two games at home. If they can find a way to work past the pucker factor, they'll be fine. So far, they are doing a good Bagwell/Biggio era impression of the post season.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Where the hell is bunk?! I need his address to send him the whiskey I owe him for not believing!!! We are taking these neXt 2
diehard03
Quote:

I think it's pretty clear that up to this point we have been shrinking under the weight of these bright lights. How else could everyone in the lineup be slumping at the same time? This team seems to know that they are in the middle of a slow motion trainwreck. I hate to bring this up but I have to imagine that the KC choke job from a few years back has to be creeping in to the minds of the players who are still here as well.

I REALLY hope I am wrong but the series felt like it ended after game 5.
You are wrong.

Baseball's hard and the pitchers/hitters are good. Mistakes are magnified. Sometimes someone just wins particular battle and it's a high enough leverage spot where it matters on the final outcome.

Cubs fans just watched guys who performed at high level in the World Series wet themselves in the NLCS. You can't make sweeping characterizations about what professional players think about in those moments.
DVC2010
AG
It's supposed to be when the event starts.
rosco511
AG
bullard21k said:

rosco511 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

I'm so scared.

If I handicapped the amount of times you have said "playoff baseball is a crapshoot" in the past 2 months and set the line at 30...you going over or under?

If you referring specifically to me, then I will take the under, and likely way under, but that does not make it any less true.
First Page Last Page
Page 1151 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.