***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,322,491 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let me have my indignation sir
Post removed:
by user
Ag_07
AG
Cora is the front runner for multiple managerial jobs.

Whether it's Boston or New York, or Detroit he'll be getting a job somewhere.
Mathguy64
AG
Ag_07 said:

Cora is the front runner for multiple managerial jobs.

Whether it's Boston or New York, or Detroit he'll be getting a job somewhere.
One of those is not like the other 2
iBrad
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yankee pitchers are doing a good job of jamming our guys in and then going soft away.

They are seriously pounding the inside half sawing a bunch of guys off then throwing off speed away and getting soft contact. Tons of broken bats and pop ups in this series.

They just need to get the barrel out and get to those inside pitches and lay off that away stuff. For God sake's I'm having flashbacks of Biggio whiffing on outside sliders and Bagwell popping out while swinging out his ass.
They're also doing a good job of pumping across fastballs for strikes on guys that tend to take early in the count, and getting our aggressive hitters to chase stuff out of the zone.
mwm
I think George is the catalyst. If he can get it going, the rest will follow. It's gonna happen tomorrow night!
astros4545
AG
For a potential game 7 the originator of the Woooo that Astros fans have adopted when @RealJoshReddick is at the plate, @RicFlairNatrBoy is scheduled to call Play Ball

There must be a Game 7
Post removed:
by user
Mr.Ackar07
Maybe a dumb question:

I have AT&T Uverse. When I say I only watch Aggie baseball and Astros baseball, I mean really, that's all I watch. I was looking at Hulu Live TV which for $40/month is super cheap and almost a third of what I pay for cable, and it has the SEC Network attached to it. Is there any way to get AT&T SportsNet Southwest added. If so, there would be zero reason to pay for cable.
titanmaster_race
I'm in the same boat. As soon as the Astros are done I'll likely cancel cable with Comcast and just keep the internet. Save about $50 a month, and go watch the aggies somewhere
Ag12thman
AG
I'm also in that same boat. Sports are expensive since Aggie sports and Astros are really all I care about right now. I pretty much watch nothing else.
WES2006AG
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Maybe a dumb question:

I have AT&T Uverse. When I say I only watch Aggie baseball and Astros baseball, I mean really, that's all I watch. I was looking at Hulu Live TV which for $40/month is super cheap and almost a third of what I pay for cable, and it has the SEC Network attached to it. Is there any way to get AT&T SportsNet Southwest added. If so, there would be zero reason to pay for cable.

We talked about this on the Rockets thread the other day and the short answer is no. They are working on a streaming app but it would still require a cable login.
979ag
AG
When game 7 rolls around on Saturday, do y'all think it will be sold out? There sure are a lot of seats on StubHub available
Aggie09Derek
AG
Sold out? Yes.

Every ticket sold on StubHub? No.
DVC2010
AG
Speaking of which, I have 2 extras in the club level for tomorrow. They're on StubHub for my break-even price right now, but if anyone here wants them, it would be about $20 cheaper. They cost me $250 each.
W
AG
WelchAg said:

MAROON said:

rosco511 said:

These series numbers explain it all and just show that baseball is a roll of the dice in short series:

Reddick 0 for 17
Springer 2 for 18
Bregman 2 for 17
Marwin 2 for 15
Beltran 1 for 12
McCann 0 for 10

And not like Altuve or Correa are having anything better than an average series.
worst team batting average in a playoff series in the history of the franchise, from arguably the best line-up ever fielded by this franchise.
After enduring the craptastic 97, 98, 99, and 01 series, that is downright depressing.
wow, I didn't realize it was that bad. Shocking indeed
mazag08
AG
WES2006AG said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

Maybe a dumb question:

We talked about this on the Rockets thread the other day and the short answer is no. They are working on a streaming app but it would still require a cable login.

Reddit streams are pretty dang reliable. I'd try those out and if you're satisfied having to do that maybe make the switch.
mwm
I don't remember George ever having a short-stroke. It's always been long (and Gomez-like).
I just wish they'd all shorten up & go to the opposite field more.
linkdude
AG
For a lot of this year he shortened his stroke and his average went way up. I think the stress is surfacing old bad habits (with Altuve and Correa too). I think they surprise people and break out tomorrow. That's likely the only way we're winning this series anyway.
Ag_07
AG
Maybe we'll take BP tomorrow
Wabs
AG
I wish we could hit like the Dodgers
bearkatag15
AG
I'd hope we took BP today too
mwm
They've got to break out if this extended funk. Go out, have some fun. In which case, we too will have some fun.

It looks as if the cubbies will be non-repeaters.
Ag_07
AG
Wabs
AG
Please for the love of Emmanuel swing at first pitch fastballs right down the middle of the plate. Please, I beg thee.
agdaddy04
AG
I think he's saying that because they didn't yesterday
Mr.Ackar07
mazag08 said:

WES2006AG said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

Maybe a dumb question:

Reddit streams are pretty dang reliable. I'd try those out and if you're satisfied having to do that maybe make the switch.
The sad part is, if I could get the MLB Network Astros game, I would purchase the full season package with HULU and still save money.
bearkatag15
AG
Yeah I know.
saltydog13
AG
My bill with directv package that includes root sports and sec network to watch aggie baseball and the Astros is only $70 a month. That drops down to $50 the other couple months it isn't baseball season. Just food for thought
Post removed:
by user
mwm
All will be just fine tomorrow night.
iBrad
AG
mwm said:

I don't remember George ever having a short-stroke. It's always been long (and Gomez-like).
I just wish they'd all shorten up & go to the opposite field more.

Remember when Reddick choked up, shortened his swing, and drove in the go ahead run against Kimbrel? Most of the time, I'd rather them take their cuts, even with two strikes, but there are times, like with runners in scoring position, that I'd like to see a similar approach.
agproducer
AG
WES2006AG said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

Maybe a dumb question:

I wrote up a long Cord Cutting post on The Nerdery. It has information you need.

Info on cord cutting
Forum Troll
AG
Former Astro with 3 homer game in pennant clincher.
agdaddy04
AG
Man I didn't remember him at all. Then heard on the broadcast saying he started in Houston.
Dude batted .215 on the year with 11 HR in a utility role.
First Page Last Page
Page 1148 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.