***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,322,317 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
devastor said:

devastor said:

Snag 1 ticket in Section 106 row 40 for Game 1 & 3. Restricted view....better than nothing right?
@#$#!$@$#@ my @!$@#$# tickets were cancelled WTF!!!

Story time!

But man I'd be raging
Texaggie7nine
devastor said:

devastor said:

Snag 1 ticket in Section 106 row 40 for Game 1 & 3. Restricted view....better than nothing right?
After you purchased them? My row 40 tickets are in my account now. So They better not cancel them.
7nine
Frok
AG
Getting my replacement phone today for the one I broke Monday night during the loss. My wife says I need to hide it during the remaining games.
PETE2019
AG
Anyone know if full refund is issued if we don't make it? Or do they keep service fees? Was only able to get game 4 tickets
Post removed:
by user
Ag_07
AG
Full refund including service fees.

In my opinion it's not that big a service and you're not putting much time and resources into it if you refund it. I really do hate the whole service fee concept.
Post removed:
by user
Aggie8587
AG
Selling 3 for game 6 Friday night (ALCS) for $165/ticket.

Section 317, Row 9, Seats 5 6 & 7.

Needed an extra ticket last minute so I've gotta sell these as quick as possible so I can buy 4 somewhere else!
Farmer1906
AG
Aggie8587 said:

Selling 3 for tonight's game at $165/ticket.

Needed an extra ticket last minute so I've gotta sell these as quick as possible so I can buy 4 somewhere else!
I don't think many on here are in Chicago for the game.
astros4545
AG
Aggie8587 said:

Selling 3 for game 6 Friday night for $165/ticket.

Good luck on tonight's game!

Are you a Cubs or Dodgers fan?
rosco511
AG
These series numbers explain it all and just show that baseball is a roll of the dice in short series:

Reddick 0 for 17
Springer 2 for 18
Bregman 2 for 17
Marwin 2 for 15
Beltran 1 for 12
McCann 0 for 10

And not like Altuve or Correa are having anything better than an average series.
Aggie8587
AG
Lol. Edited OP. Game 6 TOMORROW night
bullard21k
AG
Stayed off this thread a full 7 hours today. I need a reset dayoff from the Astros but only made half day.

Again I know this probably won't happen but I'd personally roll with maybin in left or right. Yeah he had a blunder in game 4. So has correra, altuve, Marwin, gattis and springer multiple times in the Boston series. If you think he's a better option at the plate than reddick and Marwin right now (which I think he is), I'd at least consider it. Our left and right fielders aren't even guessing at pitches, they look like they are hoping they just make contact and it falls somewhere. If I had a 9th inning one out runner on third situation on Friday and needed to plate a run to tie the game, I personally wouldn't want reddick or Marwin anywhere near that situation and think maybin could actually put together an AB rather than this watch strike 1&2 and swing at slider in dirt stuff seeing out of our corner OFs currently.

It's tough bc everybody is slumping outside of altuve and yuli but this is win or go home. Some will say "play your best players" - I agree and right this very minute with what's happended in games 1-4, I think gattis and maybin give us better options than McCann, Beltran, reddick and Marwin. Granted we know hinch probably won't change much and even sitting guys won't guarantee their replacements produce.

Hopefully coming home gets these guys loosended up
Aggie8587
AG
Aggie8587 said:

Selling 3 for game 6 Friday night (ALCS) for $165/ticket.

Edited for tomorrow night's game
Beat40
They need to have a nice, relaxing dinner with their families tonight. Need to play it low key - slow down their lives for a day or two and maybe it will slow them down overall.

I don't know, sounds stupid. But sometimes there is nothing like a good home cooked meal, time with family, and a relaxing evening to get your mind right.
testosterbone
AG
BJs should do the trick.
AgFan1999
AG
all sold out, including SRO.
iBrad
AG
rosco511 said:

These series numbers explain it all and just show that baseball is a roll of the dice in short series:

Reddick 0 for 17
Springer 2 for 18
Bregman 2 for 17
Marwin 2 for 15
Beltran 1 for 12
McCann 0 for 10

And not like Altuve or Correa are having anything better than an average series.
This helps show just how bad it's been for some guys.

Player, Avg EV, Balls in Play

Gurriel 98.7 MPH (13)
Maybin 95.4 MPH (3)
Gattis 88.8 MPH (4)
Correa 88.6 MPH (14)
Bregman 86.7 MPH (15)
Beltran 86.6 MPH (8)
Altuve 84.5 MPH (15)
Gonzalez 84.2 MPH (12)
Springer 82.4 MPH (13)
Reddick 79.3 MPH (13)
McCann 77.4 MPH (6)

Ag_07
AG
Yankee pitchers are doing a good job of jamming our guys in and then going soft away.

They are seriously pounding the inside half sawing a bunch of guys off then throwing off speed away and getting soft contact. Tons of broken bats and pop ups in this series.

They just need to get the barrel out and get to those inside pitches and lay off that away stuff. For God sake's I'm having flashbacks of Biggio whiffing on outside sliders and Bagwell popping out while swinging out his ass.
devastor
AG
Ag_07 said:

devastor said:

devastor said:

Story time!

But man I'd be raging
Absolute livid!

Since I learned the hard way with the ALCS tickets, once I got Game 3 ticket I went and ADD EVENT and picked Game 1. Keep refreshing until a ticket was available. One one was available added to my Cart and proceeded to Shopping Cart and when through the check out steps. Of course throughout this process I was watch the timer and ensured it never expired.

After I logged in to my mlb.com account, it went to the credit card screen and when I click PLACE ORDER an error popped up and stated, "YOUR TICKETS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED, PLEASE TAKE AGAIN"

and they were gone.....forever....

Never did I got a your time has expired error or anything.

I talked to Astros Customer Service and of course they couldn't anything, of course.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
WES2006AG
AG
I was able to get 2 in 436 for Game 1. I figure this is going to make things even worse for me if we can't figure out how to beat these guys the next 2 games.
The Milkman
AG
Astros with the email fake out. I see an email and my eyes catch the words "get your tickets..."

Subject actually "Get your Ed Sheeran tickets..."
MAROON
AG
rosco511 said:

Reddick 0 for 17
Springer 2 for 18
Bregman 2 for 17
Marwin 2 for 15
Beltran 1 for 12
McCann 0 for 10

worst team batting average in a playoff series in the history of the franchise, from arguably the best line-up ever fielded by this franchise.
titanmaster_race
Awful
PETE2019
AG
Alex Cora to become new Red Sox manager, sad to see him go. I think he made a real impact in the clubhouse this season
MAROON
AG
Beltran will take his place next year...hopefully
titanmaster_race
j_becan said:

Alex Cora to become new Red Sox manager, sad to see him go. I think he made a real impact in the clubhouse this season

Leaves a perfect role for Beltran!
Ag_07
AG
Beltran or Biggio

And damn that's a solid get for your first managerial gig. The BoSox who are already a playoff team and division winner. Good for Alex
titanmaster_race
j_becan said:

Also, **** the red Sox for not having the courtesy to wait to interview him until the Astros aren't playing in the postseason. Less distractions the better.
Ag_07
AG
titanmaster_race said:

j_becan said:

Also, **** the red Sox for not having the courtesy to wait to interview him until the Astros aren't playing in the postseason. Less distractions the better.

I also read he went on an interview with the Mets while we were in NY.
Mathguy64
AG
I thought there was a league wide moratorium on interviewing and hiring during the playoffs. Maybe I'm thinking of the NFL.
txag614

Sums up my feelings the last three games.
R-Dog
AG
MAROON said:

rosco511 said:

Reddick 0 for 17
Springer 2 for 18
Bregman 2 for 17
Marwin 2 for 15
Beltran 1 for 12
McCann 0 for 10

worst team batting average in a playoff series in the history of the franchise, from arguably the best line-up ever fielded by this franchise.
We're actually in jeopardy of the worst batting average in a 7 game post season series in MLB history.

1966 Dodgers hit .142 in the World Series. We're at .147 now.
JDUB08AG
AG
MAROON said:

rosco511 said:

Reddick 0 for 17
Springer 2 for 18
Bregman 2 for 17
Marwin 2 for 15
Beltran 1 for 12
McCann 0 for 10

After enduring the craptastic 97, 98, 99, and 01 series, that is downright depressing.
First Page Last Page
Page 1147 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.