***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,321,950 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
SA-AG72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll be there with my son on Friday! Section 423
agproducer
AG
I want the Astros to crush those Yankee ****ers. That way the East Coast biased a-holes can STFU.
astros4545
AG
Mlb Network so much better guys

Ag_07
AG
We're gonna own these Yankee fcks and the look on their fans faces will be glorious.
Farmer1906
AG
Just snagged tickets to game 6 & 7.
agproducer
AG
astros4545 said:

Mlb Network so much better guys

Making the switch.
Jackal99
AG
Maybe we can get another AL East manager fired.
Ag_07
AG
And their BP wont mean shlt when we're pounding their crap rotation into the ground on the way to double digits leads before the 3rd inning.
Mathguy64
AG
Buck Compton said:

ARod just gave Judge the credit for Gardner getting the hit. You can't make this **** up. Said the fear of the mighty Judge made them pitch to Gardner differently.
Yeah. It couldn't possibly have been the fact that Allen was pushed beyond his limits throwing 40 total pitches.
3rdGen2015
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Too bad we win in 5
Farmer1906
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Too bad we win in 5

Just means I save money to buy WS tix.
Buck Compton
AG
Farmer1906 said:

3rdGen2015 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Too bad we win in 5

Just means I save money to buy WS tix.
I am an out-of-towner that travels every week for work... I have been debating when to commit to watching one of these games. I watched an ALDS game in 2015, but have been holding off.

I will go to an ALCS game 7. Otherwise, I am holding out for a WS game.
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
screw-tu
Listening to ESPN radio at work after the game. Whoever the s@@t for brains host is is slobbering all over the Baby Bombers. Said they weren't supposed to get this far. Said it was "supposed to be Cleveland and PROBABLY Boston"
You can't make this s@@t up. Let's pound that a$$ like we mean it.
Now I know why I normally never listen to this s@@t.
iBrad
AG
Most predictors had the Yankees winning over 100 games, so you could argue that they were just unlucky during the regular season. They finished second to the Indians in run differential. It's not like they're the Twins. They're a damn good team. I'm not sure the Yankees ever really get to play the underdog role.
W
AG
what I like about facing the Yankees lineup...most of the hitters do just one thing: power, speed, or average.

outside of Gregorious, none of them have multiple "tools" so to speak.

whereas the Astros have 5 or 6 hitters that provide power, speed, and average when they step in the batter's box...or at least 2 of those 3
PrestigeWW
AG
The home field advantage is huge with a young team like the Astros. I'm thinking there is a huge advantage in our column that we've had recent success against the Yankees as well as the fact that we're playing a team that may have just peaked. Add to that the fact that we have all of our pitchers healthy and the fact that we win the potent offense comparison. We have almost an entire lineup that is a threat.

Obviously our pitchers have performed excellent lately but if our bats go like we know they can this should be a smoke show.
EagleAg19
W said:

most of the hitters do just one thing: power, speed, average, or strikeout.

FIFY
ATM9000
AG
W said:

what I like about facing the Yankees lineup...most of the hitters do just one thing: power, speed, or average.

outside of Gregorious, none of them have multiple "tools" so to speak.

whereas the Astros have 5 or 6 hitters that provide power, speed, and average when they step in the batter's box...or at least 2 of those 3

The Astros have played the Yankees really well... but you are downplaying how good they really are and their lineup is way better than you clearly think it is. Their bullpen pitching power and depth makes me nervous too.

Love our chances, but the Yankees are a better team than the Sox and are going to be a tougher out than most people think.
Farmer1906
AG
Over 162 they weren't better. I'd argue with Sale, Price, Kimbrel they were better positioned to win a series too.
gougler08
AG
The only place the Yankees have an advantage is the bullpen (and that may not be a huge advantage). Our lineup and starters are definitely stronger and we've had time to rest and set everything up.

Also, Chapman's arm may fall off by the end of our series if they keep throwing him this way
Ag_07
AG
Guys...They're most likely pitching Tanaka in Gm 1

Tanaka is garbage and we typically own him. Throw in that we're throwing Dallas the Yankee killer at home and we're a pretty heavy favorite for Gm 1.

Also, looking ahead to Gm 2 the Yankees have yet to face JV at all this year. That's a huge advantage to us in Gm 2.

I just don't think their starting pitching is good enough to beat our lineup. We'll jump out to leads early that with our quality starters will hold up into the late innings rendering their greatest strength (their BP) useless.

Stros in 5
BowSowy
AG
Man, is the entire ALCS going to be spent with you poons complaining about the announcers? We already had to read that for the ALDS.
Duck Blind
AG
Game 1. Section 127. Can't. Freaking. Wait.
mwm
Home field advantage in the ALCS. Not bad. In fact, I'm loving' it.
McInnis
AG
So Cleveland has a historically strong September, the rest of the country getting tired of them winning every day and celebrating like it was New Year's eve. They win the first two games of the playoffs, including a five run comeback. They cannot be stopped. And then this. Even with Aaron Judge playing the worst baseball of his young career.

Let's face it. Baseball is a strange, cruel sport, and we're all masochists.
irish pete ag06
AG
Safe at Home said:

So Cleveland has a historically strong September, the rest of the country getting tired of them winning every day and celebrating like it was New Year's eve. They win the first two games of the playoffs, including a five run comeback. They cannot be stopped. And then this. Even with Aaron Judge playing the worst baseball of his young career.

Let's face it. Baseball is a strange, cruel sport, and we're all masochists.

I've said it 100+ times in here. Playoff baseball is chaos.

162 games season is like managing a company.
Playoffs are like playing the craps table.
WES2006AG
AG
I'm really excited that we are now hosting Friday instead of Monday. Playoff baseball at MMP is a blast.
titanmaster_race
A reliable source told me Hinch has loaded dice
GoneForGood
screw-tu said:

TXAG14 said:

Post padding to get to page 1000.

POTD

BTW, this sexy girls name is Dillon Harper.

A friend asked so I thought I'd share
Ag_07
AG
TheFeelOfCotton383 said:

screw-tu said:

TXAG14 said:

POTD

BTW, this sexy girls name is Dillion Harper.

FIFY...Don't ask how I knew that.
Drew_Hill
Ag_07 said:

Guys...They're most likely pitching Tanaka in Gm 1

Tanaka is garbage and we typically own him. Throw in that we're throwing Dallas the Yankee killer at home and we're a pretty heavy favorite for Gm 1.

Also, looking ahead to Gm 2 the Yankees have yet to face JV at all this year. That's a huge advantage to us in Gm 2.

I just don't think their starting pitching is good enough to beat our lineup. We'll jump out to leads early that with our quality starters will hold up into the late innings rendering their greatest strength (their BP) useless.

Stros in 5
They will definitely be starting Gray game 1, not Tanaka.
wangus12
AG
TheFeelOfCotton383 said:

screw-tu said:

TXAG14 said:

POTD

BTW, this sexy girls name is Dillon Harper.

Your friend being Google Incognito
Funky Winkerbean
AG

https://pagesix.com/2017/10/11/kate-upton-takes-a-fall-during-topless-photo-shoot/?_ga=2.259422474.1278470379.1507717607-609158603.1503573451
tjack16
AG
Game 6 tickets purchased

though I am very confident we can win in 5. Worst case I get my money back and put it towards WS tix
Ag_07
AG
Another reason why I like this matchup for us is our ability to crush fastballs.

The Yankees (particularly their BP) have a lot of power pitchers. They have 5 pitchers that average over 95 on their fastballs.

But we slashed .301/.373/.525 against fastballs this year. We love to hit fastballs and we do it well.

Advantage Stros
First Page Last Page
Page 1005 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.